PDA

View Full Version : Explosive Training

sko2386
03-27-2010, 01:55 PM
I constantly find myself reading posts about explosive programs, that requires one to pay for such programs to improve fast-twitch muscles and explosive power. What are some exercises to improve on the fast-twitch muscles and explosive power for the 40 yds. and also to increase the explosiveness for football?

Unrelated question but, when I max on bench, I get cramps on my hip, is there a way to prevent these cramps? My coach asked me if I tense or "squeeze" my butt cheeks when I max, which I answered yes and he said that is it, but never told me how to prevent it.

Thanks

sko2386
03-27-2010, 01:58 PM
any suggestions please?

daveshit
03-27-2010, 03:23 PM
By traning explosively you will get more explosive. That means, you wont get explosive running 1 mile, because you can't do it explosively.

Sprinting on short distances will help you get explosive. Plyometrics also.
Don't know your current level of strength. If youre strong enough you will see fair improvements in explosivenss with plyometrics. If not strong enough then keep lifting and doing plyometrics and you will make progress.

Don't really know about cramps. I know you gotta be hydrated to prevent cramps.

sko2386
03-27-2010, 03:33 PM
Thanks, and the cramps are like only during the lift, and after wards, I just kick my leg or something to stretch a little bit and it goes away like nothing happened. but thanks for the help! Now, im off to find out what plyometrics are

ElTioMoreno
03-27-2010, 09:49 PM
Thanks, and the cramps are like only during the lift, and after wards, I just kick my leg or something to stretch a little bit and it goes away like nothing happened. but thanks for the help! Now, im off to find out what plyometrics are

Maybe try tightening your core on your lifts....or even do minor core work prior to them cuz you might be doing some hip action on your lifts...not sure though

shawn92
03-28-2010, 12:17 AM
I constantly find myself reading posts about explosive programs, that requires one to pay for such programs to improve fast-twitch muscles and explosive power. What are some exercises to improve on the fast-twitch muscles and explosive power for the 40 yds. and also to increase the explosiveness for football?

Hmmm. How about putting in some olympic lifts like cleans, snatch or clean and jerks? Those are good man. Of course, plyometrics and sprints are good too.

Hope that helps! :)