PDA

View Full Version : Egg White Vs Egg Yolk and Peanuts?

The-Fresh-One
03-27-2010, 08:52 AM
I'm on a cut and when you are cutting you lower calories and carbs, so you need to up protein and fats, why is everyone so scared of egg yolks if they NEED extra fat? I always here them say ew yolks, i just eat the whites...I also hear people crying about peanuts because it's high in fat, WTF? Don't you want all the fat and protein you can get as long as it fits in you calories and macros?

Can someone enlighten me on this mysterious behavior, am I missing something here, am i cutting incorrectly?

KeepSquatting
03-27-2010, 09:08 AM
I was just about to ask the same sort of thing

I have heard so much different and contradicting things when it comes to eating eggs and the yolks. Some people will say just eat the whole thing and it won't matter, then on sites like menshealth they always say remember to only eat the whites and scrap the yolks as yolk contains too much fat.

The-Fresh-One
03-27-2010, 09:10 AM
I friggin hate bodybuilding nutrition first morning cardio is good then its bad then then its too much protein, wtf ppl need to create some solid info and stick to eat, does anyone else have any input on the egg yolk theory?

ChecksandGiggles
03-27-2010, 09:10 AM
When you cut, you lower calories. You don't have to lower carbs just like you don't have to lower protein or fats. You just lower something. People are scared of yolks because they think they will raise cholesterol.

Guai
03-27-2010, 09:13 AM
Every time you dump a yolk, mother nature sh*ts a brick.

RealMenDeadLift
03-27-2010, 09:28 AM
I friggin hate bodybuilding nutrition first morning cardio is good then its bad then then its too much protein, wtf ppl need to create some solid info and stick to eat, does anyone else have any input on the egg yolk theory?

What "theory" and there is plenty of rock solid info on this site you just need to pay attention and ask questions.

Egg yolks are fine and are packed full of nutrients.

The-Fresh-One
03-27-2010, 09:29 AM
Every time you dump a yolk, mother nature sh*ts a brick.

so whats your vendetta against yolk?

The-Fresh-One
03-27-2010, 09:30 AM
What "theory" and there is plenty of rock solid info on this site you just need to pay attention and ask questions.

Egg yolks are fine and are packed full of nutrients.

The problem is i over do research and they always have different view, therefore im left not knowing what to believe, you know?

RealMenDeadLift
03-27-2010, 09:33 AM
The problem is i over do research and they always have different view, therefore im left not knowing what to believe, you know?

What kind of research? legitimate scientific research published in peer reviewed journals? Or random bb.com articles and blogs?

The-Fresh-One
03-27-2010, 09:37 AM
What kind of research? legitimate scientific research published in peer reviewed journals? Or random bb.com articles and blogs?

bb.com articles, users opinions of trial and error, scientific evidence on how certain foods are digested and such, but most of its from bodybuilders who have knowledge on these things ie. Layne Norton, Derek Carlebois, so in the end the info's coming from everywhere

RealMenDeadLift
03-27-2010, 09:43 AM
bb.com articles, users opinions of trial and error, scientific evidence on how certain foods are digested and such, but most of its from bodybuilders who have knowledge on these things ie. Layne Norton, Derek Carlebois, so in the end the info's coming from everywhere

Go further into your research and read their references and then judge the material. Most bodybuilders don't have a clue what they are talking about as they are usually just relaying info they heard from another bodybuilder and on down the chain(this is how broscience is developed). Although Layne is just about always a good source although he jumps aboard the bro train sometimes prior to adequate research like with BCAA supplementation. Derek Charlebois has vested interests in his business so you should always second guess his info and check his references when it comes to supplementation and nutrition. I am not insinuating that he is a snake oil salesman but skepticism is a good habit to develop as it is a mark of any educated person.

The-Fresh-One
03-27-2010, 09:51 AM
LOL you noticed that too? I thought it was strange how they incorporate xtend as an essential but regardless, in the end everything end up bein bro science its just who's the most likely to have more legit info, guy who's a sick natty bodybuilder with a degree or a dude with fatcepts who says eat nestle chocolate pwo when cutting

RealMenDeadLift
03-27-2010, 09:53 AM
LOL you noticed that too? I thought it was strange how they incorporate xtend as an essential but regardless, in the end everything end up bein bro science its just who's the most likely to have more legit info, guy who's a sick natty bodybuilder with a degree or a dude with fatcepts who says eat nestle chocolate pwo when cutting

You completely missed my point, you need to NOT take someone's word for it just because they are a bodybuilder, you need to read the science and then decide who is right or wrong.

The-Fresh-One
03-27-2010, 10:20 AM
no i understand but science doesn't always tell you what to do for building muscle, they'll usually have studies for sprinters and average people like .2 g of protein per lb or something and sometimes your left with listening to the bodybuilders opinions and use a majority rules comparison, in the end you make a decision to follow the instructions or not, in my opinion life is too short to learn from your own mistakes

RealMenDeadLift
03-27-2010, 11:20 AM
no i understand but science doesn't always tell you what to do for building muscle, they'll usually have studies for sprinters and average people like .2 g of protein per lb or something and sometimes your left with listening to the bodybuilders opinions and use a majority rules comparison, in the end you make a decision to follow the instructions or not, in my opinion life is too short to learn from your own mistakes

No, science is just fine for bodybuilders as we are humans as well and do not live outside the bounds of human metabolism. While nutrition in regards to bodybuilding is still a young field in research, there is plenty of evidence already available.

TheCorporation
03-27-2010, 11:32 AM
Egg whites have less calories but the same amount of protein..

2 oz of egg whites = 1 whole egg

egg whites = 30 calories 6g protein
whole egg = 70-80 calories 6g protein

I eat 5 "eggs" in the morning and only 1 is a whole egg which totals 190 calories.
If I used all whole eggs I would be at 350 calories.

Since you're cutting and so am I, I tend to go for the things that will still fill me up but won't be as many calories :p

Myth solved lol

Zody
03-27-2010, 11:52 AM
http://www.cholesterol-and-health.com/Egg_Yolk.html

/THREAD

The-Fresh-One
03-27-2010, 12:11 PM
Egg whites have less calories but the same amount of protein..

2 oz of egg whites = 1 whole egg

egg whites = 30 calories 6g protein
whole egg = 70-80 calories 6g protein

I eat 5 "eggs" in the morning and only 1 is a whole egg which totals 190 calories.
If I used all whole eggs I would be at 350 calories.

Since you're cutting and so am I, I tend to go for the things that will still fill me up but won't be as many calories :p

Myth solved lol

LOL makes sense but, its so high in good fats why wouldn't you want it, it sure beats drinking olive oil

The-Fresh-One
03-27-2010, 12:13 PM
http://www.cholesterol-and-health.com/Egg_Yolk.html

/THREAD

LOL, nice

MikeK46
03-27-2010, 03:12 PM
I'm on a cut and when you are cutting you lower calories and carbs, so you need to up protein and fats, why is everyone so scared of egg yolks if they NEED extra fat? I always here them say ew yolks, i just eat the whites...I also hear people crying about peanuts because it's high in fat, WTF? Don't you want all the fat and protein you can get as long as it fits in you calories and macros?

Can someone enlighten me on this mysterious behavior, am I missing something here, am i cutting incorrectly?

I'm sure many are just ignorant and do it to cut back on fat and cholesterol. I only use 1 yolk for every 3-4 eggs to save the calories, because I will be adding fat to it anyhow (cheese, meat, salmon, etc). This way, my omelet is HUGE yet still in calorie range. If I used all the yolks...my omelet would be tiny. :)

Diddoo
03-27-2010, 03:19 PM
since im only 19, and my metabolism is rediculously fast, when bulking i eat the whole egg and around 5 as part of my breakfest... not too often now though.

i did go through a phase where i did this everymorning for several months when cutting and lost alot of weight. whole eggs are so filling!

The-Fresh-One
03-27-2010, 05:01 PM
In the end people say "o yeah, i cut the yolk and loss fat." This doesn't make sense does it, isn't it calories in=calories out, the yolk has no "bad" calories from it. So y do people care so much about the yolk, is it so they can eat more food? Or something's wrong with the yolk? That's what people are starting to make me think, cuz eggs are a necessity in my diet right now, yes, the yolk without it I'd have to either drink olive oil like a shot glass or add more whey protein and chicken, which ultimately is gonna break the bank.

dizzay20
03-27-2010, 05:04 PM
In the end people say "o yeah, i cut the yolk and loss fat." This doesn't make sense does it, isn't it calories in=calories out, the yolk has no "bad" calories from it. So y do people care so much about the yolk, is it so they can eat more food? Or something's wrong with the yolk? That's what people are starting to make me think, cuz eggs are a necessity in my diet right now, yes, the yolk without it I'd have to either drink olive oil like a shot glass or add more whey protein and chicken, which ultimately is gonna break the bank.

Well, u see sir, there are alot of broscientists in this world...

The-Fresh-One
03-27-2010, 05:20 PM
Well, u see sir, there are alot of broscientists in this world...

I'm assuming you concur?

MikeK46
03-28-2010, 01:37 PM
...is it so they can eat more food? Or something's wrong with the yolk?

So I can eat more food.

...without it I'd have to either drink olive oil like a shot glass

I add meat or fish. Don't forget fish oil, CLA, beef liver, and sesamin supplements :)

RealMenDeadLift
03-28-2010, 01:57 PM

There is no such thing as "good" or "bad" calories, it is merely a unit of energy.

MikeK46
03-28-2010, 08:29 PM
There is no such thing as "good" or "bad" calories, it is merely a unit of energy.

Oh? ;)

http://www.amazon.com/Good-Calories-Bad-Gary-Taubes/dp/1400040787

The calories themselves are neither good nor evil...but what the eater does with them may be. Cheers!