PDA

View Full Version : Best RB recruit that you've never heard of...

Sthirteenturbo
03-26-2010, 09:57 PM
til now... and some say hes the best RB in the nation... Texas sure does produce a lot of horses... dayum!!!

iYZuUn6UUQU

why so ez?
03-26-2010, 10:03 PM
watched first minute and half, saw him breaking a lot of bad tackle attempts.

Sthirteenturbo
03-26-2010, 10:19 PM

he broke the tackles thats why they look bad... duh!!! and this is Texas football, theyre not known for being weak... He just that good, brah!!!

Pure_Corel
03-26-2010, 10:21 PM
hes class of 2011
thats why hes unheard of
if he keeps it up, he'll get some spotlight next year

Nodice123
03-26-2010, 10:29 PM

This. WTF at 28 seconds...safety should be cut

Sthirteenturbo
03-26-2010, 10:41 PM

naw, cuz the dude is fast and times his moves to perfection... the safety was taking the right angle he just got turned around when williams juked to the right, hardly slowing down while going full speed... it aint easy going up against speed...

RAMBO316
03-26-2010, 10:42 PM
good north south runner..... i like it

Nodice123
03-26-2010, 10:55 PM
naw, cuz the dude is fast and times his moves to perfection... the safety was taking the right angle he just got turned around when williams juked to the right, hardly slowing down while going full speed... it aint easy going up against speed...

That was hardly a juke...safety over pursued and then tried to arm tackle.

"That's it? That's your maneuver?! You just listed lazily to the left!" :) reps for awareness

EGGSnOATHSbrah
03-26-2010, 11:33 PM
how big is he? he's quick and has some moves, but like it has been said already in the post he benefitted from some terrible tackling attempts. i would like to see how he can break real tackles.. but i'll keep my eyes open for him in 2 years.

=T Bone=
03-27-2010, 12:03 AM
This is the best 011 back in texas

u4rKW9yjkV8

Sthirteenturbo
03-27-2010, 07:24 AM
This is the best 011 back in texas

u4rKW9yjkV8

well we can say the same for this guy too, that hes just a product of bad attempts at tackling... but imo i doubt that... cant we just agree that great players make avg players look bad, especially in highschool..

sparkblade
03-27-2010, 07:29 AM
well we can say the same for this guy too, that hes just a product of bad attempts at tackling... but imo i doubt that... cant we just agree that great players make avg players look bad, especially in highschool..

It's a combination of both. I live in TX and I get to see a lot of high school FB games. Everyone here only cares about running backs and quarterbacks. And most offenses here tend to run. But some defenders really do suck.

Sthirteenturbo
03-27-2010, 07:37 AM
It's a combination of both. I live in TX and I get to see a lot of high school FB games. Everyone here only cares about running backs and quarterbacks. And most offenses here tend to run. But some defenders really do suck.

yeah but it really wouldnt matter if u suck or youre avg, going up against an elite RB you wont stop em... and you'd get lucky to even get your hand on the guy... there are probably only a handful of high school guys in the nation who can consistently stop these guys 1on1...

NoS_oUtLaSt
03-27-2010, 08:30 AM
anyone can look good in highlight films. One of the main reasons its hard for me to get into college football recruiting. Everyone looks like the next Adrian Peterson.

mdiggitydawg
03-27-2010, 10:05 AM
That was hardly a juke...safety over pursued and then tried to arm tackle.

"That's it? That's your maneuver?! You just listed lazily to the left!" :) reps for awareness

Family Guy.

Erik2806
03-27-2010, 10:23 AM
til now... and some say hes the best RB in the nation... Texas sure does produce a lot of horses... dayum!!!

iYZuUn6UUQU

lmfao @ :27 when the defender goes for the swat rather than simply bringing him down and saving the TD.

RAT_LYFE
03-27-2010, 10:30 AM
in b4 this thread somehow becomes about how hawaii is supposedly the best football state in america

pedobearu_aware
03-27-2010, 10:32 AM
in b4 this thread somehow becomes about how hawaii is supposedly the best football state in america

My mind was blown when I looked up Kenny Williams, only to find that he has NO INTEREST IN HAWAII!

Aes_RocK
03-27-2010, 01:02 PM
yeah but it really wouldnt matter if u suck or youre avg, going up against an elite RB you wont stop em... and you'd get lucky to even get your hand on the guy... there are probably only a handful of high school guys in the nation who can consistently stop these guys 1on1...

lol at your lack of football knowledge... how much did you play? An elite running back can not win a national championship by himself... look at noel devine... look at the top ranked highschool teams... more often then not their running back won't go to any big schools... St Thomas Aquinas in Florida has arguably one of the best highschool programs and they dont send many rb's to division 1A... most of their o line will go however

Sthirteenturbo
03-27-2010, 05:13 PM
lol at your lack of football knowledge... how much did you play? An elite running back can not win a national championship by himself... look at noel devine... look at the top ranked highschool teams... more often then not their running back won't go to any big schools... St Thomas Aquinas in Florida has arguably one of the best highschool programs and they dont send many rb's to division 1A... most of their o line will go however

ughh, do you even know wtf you are talking about??? that same school had their RB sign with north carolina... 4/5 stars, top 15 rated RB in nation...

Giovanni Bernard
http://rivals.yahoo.com/flavarsity/football/recruiting/player-Giovanni-Bernard-87823

back to your post, where did i say a single person can win a national championship? lmao way to assume thats what i was saying... and if you were literate you would have read that i mentioned 1v1 an elite rb would make any avg defener look like crap, and a very few defenders great or not would have a problem bring these type of RBs down...

Sthirteenturbo
03-27-2010, 05:20 PM
anyone can look good in highlight films. One of the main reasons its hard for me to get into college football recruiting. Everyone looks like the next Adrian Peterson.

sure i agree but when you look at someones highlight film and its 8 mins long thats a lot of highlights, and i dont recall many if at all any duplicate runs just from a different angle... meaning hes doing it all game long, all season long, not just occasionally... 8 min of highlights vs 2-3 min of highlights is a big difference....

Eric-Navy
03-27-2010, 06:28 PM
He is playing HS. He will make it to college and find appropriate competition there.

Calhexas
03-27-2010, 07:57 PM

iYZuUn6UUQU

He's definitely fast but that doesn't negate the fact that a lot of those would be tacklers used horrible technique. Spin it however you want, man. Arm tackles rarely get the job done.

theACEofSPADES
03-27-2010, 08:01 PM

Exactly what i thought

G-mane12
03-27-2010, 11:31 PM
alot of haters in this thread

Sthirteenturbo
03-28-2010, 06:41 AM
alot of haters in this thread

yep, the way these guys are talkin chit theyre acting like they couldve done better, or theyve played for the Gators or something... I bet most of these guys dont even know much about college football, well not as much as me, at least.. =)

sparkblade
03-28-2010, 07:10 AM
He is playing HS. He will make it to college and find appropriate competition there.

This. Btw OP, is he a 5 star recruit?

Sthirteenturbo
03-29-2010, 05:58 AM
This. Btw OP, is he a 5 star recruit?

not yet, he's flying under the radar... crabtree was flying under the radar before he became the best WR in the nation...

Acal83
03-29-2010, 09:31 AM
not yet, he's flying under the radar... crabtree was flying under the radar before he became the best WR in the nation...

edit: nvm watched the video lol

definitely benefits from a good line but has some really nice moves in the open field, i will keep on eye on him.

pedobearu_aware
03-29-2010, 09:44 AM
He's going to Texas Tech which is obviously a RB powerhouse :rolleyes:

ElBonemeister
03-29-2010, 10:58 AM
Thoughts from someone who spent a lot of time in the backfield

He is good, however:
He is sloppy in and out of his stance. No explosiveness out of the 3 point.
Many of his long runs were due to blocks that were held for 2-3 seconds, allowing him mostly a free path, sometimes running into an arm-tackler

Does not appear to be hard nosed. For the most part, he runs up/down which is never a good sign.
He does not juke, his cuts look pretty moist.

Has potential, but we'll see.

tdff09_954
03-29-2010, 12:27 PM
he looks alright but put him up against some real florida talent... and see how he fairs

Dysfunqtional
03-29-2010, 02:25 PM
Beanie Wells was the most complete HS running back I have ever seen, speed, strength, agility, and vision.

PKdoUnIgwmQ
Qv3rgVLuNKM
Ti7JT6Mytd4
8ZhZVNySZxc

Sthirteenturbo
03-29-2010, 03:41 PM
Beanie Wells was the most complete HS running back I have ever seen, speed, strength, agility, and vision.

who cares if he was the most complete back, which he was not, since i can name a hand full of guys who were better... and for someone with his attributes he sure didnt dominate... quick example, Adrian Peterson, LT, Chris Johnson, and a bunch more > Beanie Wells...

beanie is was just a man amongst boys, he had no real vision, but he was dominant back in highschool and SOMETIMES in college... Hes got the prototypical size, its a shame he doesnt have the vision to go with it...