PDA

View Full Version : bulking

mac293
03-26-2010, 09:26 AM
been talking to a guy at the gym about my weight etc i have been trying to cut down my bodyfat he told me he thought i would be better bulking up first and then cutting as he said it is easyier to cut bodyfat with more muscle at present my bodyfat is around 33% and i weigh 270lbs at 6ft 3 just wondering is he right any advice or tips would be most welcome cheers

STi5ubie
03-26-2010, 10:29 AM
What is your goal weight? I would say hit the weights on a cut diet (keto). Again, thats just my personal opinion, but your goals may be different. Either way, good luck!

Zerafian
03-26-2010, 10:39 AM
Sounds like at 33% bf you want to loose weight right? Muscle helps burn fat but I dont think his words "bulk up" are wise. Your already at a bulked state. A cardiovascular workout would be a good thing for you. 20-30 minutes cardio before and after your workout.

When you work out keep your reps high, weight low, and rests short. Start eating fruits that will increase your metabolism a little.

thats my quick 2 cents.

mac293
03-26-2010, 12:56 PM
dont really have a goal weight would like to bulk up my shoulders and chest and get rid of me belly

Fitness_By_Alex
03-26-2010, 05:20 PM
been talking to a guy at the gym about my weight etc i have been trying to cut down my bodyfat he told me he thought i would be better bulking up first and then cutting as he said it is easyier to cut bodyfat with more muscle at present my bodyfat is around 33% and i weigh 270lbs at 6ft 3 just wondering is he right any advice or tips would be most welcome cheers

STOP! do not attempt to bulk if you are at 33% bodyfat! I never advocate anyone try and bulk unless at or below ~10%. The body is not going to be efficient at partitioning the nutrients you need towards muscle. You will be wasting your time and it will be hard to tell if you are gaining fat or muscle. PM me for individual advice.

-Alex