PDA

View Full Version : Still cut fat with this many carbs?

Coop82
03-25-2010, 10:21 AM
I'm currently at around 183-185 and im 6'1. I'm around 12-14% BF and would love to get to 8-10, but I'm afraid I'm getting too many carbs. I know I don't need to be scared of them, but hell I can't help it because honestly I can't tell if im sensitive too them or not. I'm a hard gainer/loser. Decently hard for me to cut weight, and pretty hard for me to put it on. I'm kinda stuck in the middle. My calorie range is 2100-2300 calories a day, and I get anywhere from 180-230 carbs. I try to stick with a 40-40-20 split....Am I going to cut fat this way of is this entirely too many carbs for me?

BallAb0veAll
03-25-2010, 11:02 AM
If there is a calorie deficit at the end of the day, then you are going to lose weight.

Get in the proper amount of protein to minimize the muscle loss as much as possible.

IMO, and someone correct me if I'm wrong but yes with that amount of carbs and a calorie deficit then you should still be able to cut weight.

Edit: I would say the lower amount of carbs you get will result in more fat loss. If your body doesn't have as much carbs to use for energy, your body will start using stored fat as energy

jcosley
03-25-2010, 11:13 AM
If there is a calorie deficit at the end of the day, then you are going to lose weight.

This ^^^

Coop82
03-25-2010, 01:32 PM
Thanks bro..I guess i'll just stick with my deficit i eased into it and now im down to around a 600 calorie deficit..I just didn't want carbs to be the reason I'm not losing the fat I want to in my stomach...I guess the whole stomach fat is the last to go is really showing on me haha...

BallAb0veAll
03-25-2010, 03:08 PM
I feel you, I've always had a baby buddha belly and its always been hard to get rid of that.

Good luck with your cutting man