PDA

View Full Version : stretchy skin/ loose skin

trog2010
03-24-2010, 02:11 PM
hi there everyone i need some help i have been training hard at gym but have a problem i have gone from just over 16 stone to 11.1 but i am having problems with very loose skin can anyone tell me what can i do if anyone has tips or ideas please contact me

cheers wayne

GregTR
03-24-2010, 02:29 PM
hi there everyone i need some help i have been training hard at gym but have a problem i have gone from just over 16 stone to 11.1 but i am having problems with very loose skin can anyone tell me what can i do if anyone has tips or ideas please contact me

cheers wayne

There is no such thing as loose skin. It's just loose fat. You need to lose more of it if you want it gone, simple as that: http://www.bodyfatguide.com/LooseSkin.htm

rusrious
03-24-2010, 02:32 PM
Right Greg,

Like to add this. Wear one of those neaprein belts, ( blue in color with velcro) to hold it all in, reduces stretch marks, and allows the skin to repair its self without being tugged thru the day, Im doing it, just a thought

good luck

PBateman2
03-24-2010, 02:47 PM
If it is loose/excess/overhanging skin due to major weight loss then usually the only way to get rid of it is through surgery. Hard to tell/give advice without seeing visually.

2hot4you
03-24-2010, 03:58 PM
I have loose skin and stetch marks on my lower abdomen from where I carried my babies. I do not trust surgery and have been pretty successful in toning it up by doing multiple exercise that involve my obliques, abs, plyos and swimming. It works, you need to work hard at it and dont forget DNA plays a part in it as well. Good Luck!!

heavy2healthy
03-24-2010, 04:03 PM
Ive lost 145 lbs and got another 126 lbs to go. Goal is to get to 8 percent bodyfat and see what my body look like from there. Most of the tv shows where you see the people that lost a ton of weight. They are thinner but they havent gotten lean therefore all the extra skin.

GregTR
03-24-2010, 05:31 PM
They are thinner but they havent gotten lean therefore all the extra skin.

THIS! Is it really that hard to comprehend BF%?

RichTheClown
03-24-2010, 05:45 PM
I also have this problem with the lose skin, I was 230 and am now down to 185. It's mostly my stomach and all.

From reading that article I am not sure if I need to put on 10-15 pounds of muscle to get my skin tightened, or just doing hardcore core exercises and dieting still. Because I am trying to tighten up my stomach as well.

tfpriest
03-24-2010, 05:57 PM
I love these asshats that say "loose skin is a myth". They creep up everytime one of these posts come up.

Let me show you my skin. Sure, ive got some BF reduction to do. Im in my mid 190's right now and this is after 135 lbs weight loss. The rest of me looks decent. Stomach looks like ****.

http://img191.imageshack.us/img191/883/loosev.jpg

RichTheClown
03-24-2010, 06:02 PM
I love these asshats that say "loose skin is a myth". They creep up everytime one of these posts come up.

Let me show you my skin. Sure, ive got some BF reduction to do. Im in my mid 190's right now and this is after 135 lbs weight loss. The rest of me looks decent. Stomach looks like ****.

[IMG]

That is your stomach in it's current state? I mean I my loose skin is not like that and I got lucky just because when I was heavy my weight was proportional all around.

tfpriest
03-24-2010, 06:03 PM
That is your stomach in it's current state? I mean I my loose skin is not like that and I got lucky just because when I was heavy my weight was proportional all around.

Yep. I just took those pics. And dont let anyone tell you "losing weight too fast" makes much differents. I lost at a rate of approx 40 lbs per year, over 3 years.

And I guess and time dont make that much difference either, because I am 23, and have had this problem since I got down to about 240, and increasingly worse up until now.

RichTheClown
03-24-2010, 06:04 PM
Yep. I just took those pics. And dont let anyone tell you "losing weight too fast" makes much differents. I lost at a rate of approx 40 lbs per year, over 3 years.

You lost it all natural or surgery?

GregTR
03-24-2010, 06:04 PM

http://img191.imageshack.us/img191/883/loosev.jpg

I'll talk to you when you're down to 8%..... You're more like 16+ now.

Edit: Looked at your profile pics, you're more like 22.

tfpriest
03-24-2010, 06:09 PM
Yes, it was all natural. Diet and exercise.

And ya, we'll talk when im 8% and my skin will still be loose, there will just be less fat pulling it down. Im around 17% BF right now and cutting still to get that 8%. Im sure it will still look gross but I guess we will see.

Reponse edit: Havent taken any progress pics in a couple months..so ya. :P I dont need to argue the skin issue, I can make a movie of me pulling it in lots of strange directions like you can pull the skin on your knuckles.

Ryanmcd
03-24-2010, 07:28 PM
Show me ANYONE with ab's and loose skin.

stang808
03-24-2010, 07:33 PM
need to see pics of u to see wat u mean by loose skin. were u like 500lbs n went down to 200lbs we dont know, a profile pic n some progress pics would help

cncman
03-24-2010, 07:45 PM

id like to see this as well

GregTR
03-24-2010, 08:44 PM

My point exactly

animalsavagery
03-24-2010, 10:28 PM

look at my pictures.. the one where i'm 165. there is abs and loose skin in the picture.

DefiningMoments
03-24-2010, 10:32 PM
I've seen pictures of guys who were in competitions and of course they had LOW bodyfat and one guy you can see had loose skin where his stomach is. No fat in it just loose skin.