PDA

View Full Version : What do you guys think of this workout?

madeira17
03-23-2010, 09:57 AM
After I am done cutting in april I am going to start this workout. A friend of mine who is a personal trainer put this together for me. I am trying to get stronger and put on a little size what do you think? This workout is supposed to make me more explosive so I can become more athletic. The squats are set-up so I progress just like rippetoes adding 2.5% each lift.

Monday- Squat 3x5
Military Press 3x5
Deadlift 1x5
Lateral raise 2x8-10
Tuesday- Low intensity Plyos-Tuck jumps,bounding and box jumps.

Wednesday Squat 3x5
Rows 3x5
Lat Pulldown 2x8-10
Bicep Curl 2x8-10
Thursday Rest

Friday- Squats 3x5
Incline Dumbbell press 3x5
Incline flies 3x8-10
tricep ext 2x10

Saturday and Sunday rest

Jhawk Fitness
03-23-2010, 10:14 AM
Not a big fan of the full body training, I'd rather see something along the lines of a full upper, full lower, another full upper with differing tertiary emphasis and then a sprint/agility day.

toad1
03-23-2010, 10:25 AM
looks very similar to starting strength. id drop one of the squats and the deadlift 1x5 and do deadlift 3x5 on a separate day probably the wednesday. what sport do you play if any. also if your wanting to add size you need to think about changing your diet shouldn't be to hard seing as you have just come off a cut but also wouldn't some more hypertrophy work be better if you want to add size. id maybe do two 'strength/power' days and one more hypertophy based day.

lat raises, pulldowns, curls, tris and flies aren't really going to add as much size as say doing deads, bench, rows in the 8-10 range. ive allways thought compounds where better for adding size but maybe thats just me.