PDA

View Full Version : I've completely lost all motivation...

PCFootball24
03-19-2010, 04:28 PM
I went to the gym today ready to do squats, and ended up playing basketball for an hour and leaving. I feel like just giving up. Guys, motivate me so I can start 5/3/1 Football on Monday and not give up

TheHitStick
03-19-2010, 04:33 PM
LOL

If you need people to motivate you, then you're weak-minded. Really. I wouldn't suggest doing 5/3/1 Football if you're unmotivated. You just won't last long on it at all. I've only gone through a week and I'm exhausted. It's hard if you put the effort in.

If you really wanted to obtain your goals, you wouldn't need motivation from us...I'm kind of disgusted honestly.

PCFootball24
03-19-2010, 04:35 PM
LOL

If you need people to motivate you, then you're weak-minded. Really. I wouldn't suggest doing 5/3/1 Football if you're unmotivated. You just won't last long on it at all. I've only gone through a week and I'm exhausted. It's hard if you put the effort in.

If you really wanted to obtain your goals, you wouldn't need motivation from us...I'm kind of disgusted honestly.

You telling me I can't is enough motivation.

TheHitStick
03-19-2010, 04:37 PM
You telling me I can't is enough motivation.

It better be, you need to focus on the weights and your training if you want your goals. You can't just go through the motions and expect to be the best you can be. It takes hard work and dedication.

PCFootball24
03-19-2010, 04:46 PM
You're running 5/3/1 football right? Should I take 10% off my max like it says or something less like 5%? Taking 10%, the workouts look too light

GoofyGoober
03-19-2010, 05:19 PM
Wow your such a weak minded little pussy. You dont deserve to play the great game of football. Im disgusted that any coach even wants you on his team.

Everything bigger in Texas? Well not you cus your a weak **** 160 pound pussy.

------

hope that motivated you to get back in the gym. good luck with 5/3/1

TheHitStick
03-19-2010, 05:38 PM
You're running 5/3/1 football right? Should I take 10% off my max like it says or something less like 5%? Taking 10%, the workouts look too light

I'd take 5% off and I lol'd right there. This is a lot harder than you think if you use the proper weight. For your first lift, I'd adjust because I couldn't even get my usual reps for 175 even though I've repped it out for a lot more than five. If you're doing the 8 week winter program, the second day is hell.

You superset EVERYTHING with dips and pullups basically and it burns you out.

PCFootball24
03-19-2010, 05:50 PM
Wow your such a weak minded little pussy. You dont deserve to play the great game of football. Im disgusted that any coach even wants you on his team.

Everything bigger in Texas? Well not you cus your a weak **** 160 pound pussy.

------

hope that motivated you to get back in the gym. good luck with 5/3/1

I thought you were serious at first until I read the last part, but it still worked

PCFootball24
03-19-2010, 05:52 PM
I'd take 5% off and I lol'd right there. This is a lot harder than you think if you use the proper weight. For your first lift, I'd adjust because I couldn't even get my usual reps for 175 even though I've repped it out for a lot more than five. If you're doing the 8 week winter program, the second day is hell.

You superset EVERYTHING with dips and pullups basically and it burns you out.

So just take 5% off? And I'm doing the 9 week going into summer program.

xxtwistedxx
03-19-2010, 06:54 PM
just quit now

DriveMyWhey
03-19-2010, 07:12 PM
motivation is nice to pump you up before a lift or a game, but otherwise discipline and dedication should remind you and get you back on track.

GetEven
03-19-2010, 08:47 PM
You know how many times I've not been motivated to work out? I just sit there and think...man...it's time to work out...but I'm too lazy...

Then I just think about what a huge p*ssy I'm being, chug some Jack3d and bust my ass. I'm not saying you're weak, but not even working out at all is HELLA weak. That's pathetic bro.

Also, thinking about attention from the opposite sex is some pretty good motivation too. Ha.

dixieland1204
03-20-2010, 12:52 PM
Look at great athletes online and think to yourself "I wont get to be anything like that if I sit here trying to find motivation" As far as 531 goes, all your final sets are to failure so like today I had 315 for 5+ on squats. I did 12. Just go til you cant go no more