PDA

View Full Version : Finding the traps

Feen2443
03-18-2010, 10:42 PM
Hey guys just really curious on how to get wide and massive traps? im currently doing Chest supported rows and i think they are working pretty good coupled with shrugs. But i really want to hit the traps and smash them as much as possible? im on a WS4SB porgram? Help!!!

PitbullJR
03-18-2010, 10:46 PM
Hang shrugs, Hang cleans, Behind neck presses, Dl's, Power shrugs..just a few suggestions

nickloporchio
03-18-2010, 10:53 PM
my traps are most def most sore after some heavy high clean pulls..

scott_donald
03-19-2010, 06:33 AM
haha... time... worry about how your performance is going in your sport before getting big traps!!!

Feen2443
03-19-2010, 07:55 PM
haha... time... worry about how your performance is going in your sport before getting big traps!!!

Ive been doing ym sport for 10 years i think i need some big traps now lol, i just want some toned ones and get bigger shoulders aswell.

xxtwistedxx
03-19-2010, 08:10 PM
bodybuilding question? in da sports forums?!?! blasphemy!!!

Jhawk Fitness
03-20-2010, 01:04 AM
Hang shrugs, Hang cleans, Behind neck presses, Dl's, Power shrugs..just a few suggestions

Good suggestions, especially the cleans to take advantage of the eccentric part of the motion in that muscle group. In regards to isolation movements (various shrugs), he could also take advantage of superset-contrast training and break the muscle down with a set of a heavy/low-rep movements followed by a high-rep/moderate weight exercises. This breaks the muscle down via the overload stimulus and then floods the muscle with blood/nutrients via the TUT stimulus.

Feen2443
03-20-2010, 03:06 AM
Good suggestions, especially the cleans to take advantage of the eccentric part of the motion in that muscle group. In regards to isolation movements (various shrugs), he could also take advantage of superset-contrast training and break the muscle down with a set of a heavy/low-rep movements followed by a high-rep/moderate weight exercises. This breaks the muscle down via the overload stimulus and then floods the muscle with blood/nutrients via the TUT stimulus.

Awsome thanks! Can you please explain to me what Hang cleans are i think they werew called thankyou very much, this will be awsome for my shoulder development for tackling.

Jhawk Fitness
03-20-2010, 11:19 AM
Awsome thanks! Can you please explain to me what Hang cleans are i think they werew called thankyou very much, this will be awsome for my shoulder development for tackling.

http://www.exrx.net/AnimatedEx/OlympicLifts/HangClean.gif

She gets really deep into the catch position here but her triple-extension is very good in this example.

xxtwistedxx
03-20-2010, 07:52 PM
I get made fun of bc of how big my traps are. no joke. But i am a well rounded athlete, football and wrestling, squat 330 and bench 250. But my traps are just so big I get made fun of. Serious

cool story bro

TysZ
03-20-2010, 07:54 PM
heavy as fawk barbell shrugs and rackpulls will do the job

Feen2443
03-21-2010, 03:28 AM
I usually do rows aswell i with my chest supported they usually tonew them up alot and devlope them to become wide. What about wide grip chin ups, do they have any effect?

Jhawk Fitness
03-21-2010, 11:10 AM
Link is fixed, thanks Scott. I guess they don't allow hotlinks.