PDA

View Full Version : Need help with cutting diet

numberless91
03-18-2010, 02:58 AM
I just spent 3 months trying to gain some size without the fat. My diet mainly consisted of 1 white meat and 2 greens for sides. I gained some size and also lost an inch on my waist. I would like to gain a little more mass before I cut but I dont have the time and I need to start cutting starting April. This will be the first time I cut so I want to make sure I do it right. I was wondering if you guys can help me out with a diet plan. When to load up with carbs and when not too. I know that a very important part of cutting is the time you consume the food. Thanks

lod254
03-18-2010, 05:49 AM
As far as macros go, calculate your maintenance calories here: http://www.freedieting.com/tools/calorie_calculator.htm#

Eat ~500 calories below maintenance to cut. They should be split as follows.

P >185g
F >65g, <92g
C The rest of your caloric needs.

numberless91
03-20-2010, 10:15 AM
Thank you for the tip. One question about it though. I understand that the rest of my calorie intake will come from carbs but what type and when? From what I have researched, it is better to take in simple carbs right after your work out so that your muscles get glucose a little faster. Also, should I stay completely away from foods like wheat bread and oat meal. I usually eat 5 egg whites and a bowl of oatmeal for breakfast but I am not sure if I should stay away from that while I am cutting. Thanks again