PDA

View Full Version : aritfical sweetner EQUAL

cris360
01-26-2007, 04:41 PM
I'v been using equal before workouts cause it gives me a extra boost lol.So I was prouing the packets in my water and I never read the label in the back, and I notice it had dexrose,malto in it and i was wondering how much is in one packet? I use 12 packets aday.

sanpedro
01-26-2007, 04:52 PM
damn 12 packets

that stuff isn't natural i don't think

careful

CHM
01-26-2007, 05:12 PM
maybe try switching to stevia. It is truely calorie free and has no fillers like the others.

grapemaster
01-26-2007, 05:17 PM
maybe try switching to stevia. It is truely calorie free and has no fillers like the others.

it tastes like crap tho... metallic.

d3v
01-26-2007, 05:21 PM

ditto.

TheGr8Babu
01-26-2007, 05:24 PM
Equal is probably one of the worst possible things to be eating like that if you want to believe what people are claiming about it. The amount of aspartame that 12 packets contain has to be causing you some problems.

Of course I have yet to see a high profile study on aspartame, but personally anything that is claimed to have that many negative side effects I'm staying away from if at all possible.

I'm not endorsing this website in any way, its just humorous the amount of side effects it claims aspartame to have: http://www.holisticmed.com/aspartame/

justanothagirl
01-26-2007, 05:26 PM
i love my stevia powder, it is sooooooooooooooo good in oatmeal... omg.. its so good. if you think it tastes metallic u have a low quality one

its sweet but i like the distinct taste, it tastes better than sugar.

cris360
01-26-2007, 05:39 PM
I notice with equal I dont get bloated from the dextrose or malto in it.So does that mean if i get pure dex or malto it wont bloated me if i sip for an hr for prew? ps be using equal for 10years and i notice sweat alot and i think it helps me lose fat I use it for pre.

grapemaster
01-26-2007, 06:01 PM
i love my stevia powder, it is sooooooooooooooo good in oatmeal... omg.. its so good. if you think it tastes metallic u have a low quality one

its sweet but i like the distinct taste, it tastes better than sugar.

I have NOW stevia and think it tastes like ****.

BlueFenix13S
01-26-2007, 06:14 PM
In order to reach toxic levels of aspartame, you have to consume about 100 packets a day, or about what is in 144 ounces of diet soda. I have had no problems with aspartame, so thats my recommendation. NutraSweet is an aspartame sweetner.