PDA

View Full Version : Getting on a college football team staff?

Theater Jock
03-16-2010, 05:15 PM
For those who have done or know someone who has, what is the best way to do it.
Is their a set path to do it or do you just put yourself out their for anything you can take?

I missed the deadline to be a manager and I had a very akward conversation with the guy in charge of it. I'm trying to find any sort of outlet I can, even water boy.

850fballer
03-16-2010, 08:05 PM
all the guys that I know that coach in college played and when they finished they became graduate assistants. they would pretty much be the position coaches assistant and move up.i would think it would be pretty tough to get involved without college playing experience. not impossible though i dont supppose.

joakman
03-16-2010, 08:46 PM
Start at the bottom if you have to.. waterboy, towel boy, equipment manager, etc. Make connections with the person who can get you to the next position up. NETWORK, NETWORK, NETWORK.

LC83
03-16-2010, 09:16 PM
Why was the conversation so awkward?

Theater Jock
03-17-2010, 02:53 AM
Start at the bottom if you have to.. waterboy, towel boy, equipment manager, etc. Make connections with the person who can get you to the next position up. NETWORK, NETWORK, NETWORK.
I plan on walking on before my senior year, but I want to be inolved with the team right now. I ust cant stand and watching something I have passion for without getting involved.

all the guys that I know that coach in college played and when they finished they became graduate assistants. they would pretty much be the position coaches assistant and move up.i would think it would be pretty tough to get involved without college playing experience. not impossible though i dont supppose.

Mike Leach is my inspiration, he did'nt play in college. Ethier did Lou Holtz

Why was the conversation so awkward?
I was shy so I shut down when I found out I missed the dead line.

But the guy was testing me so he forced me to step up and ask questions about when the next time I could try would be. I basicially didnt put my best foot forward