PDA

View Full Version : Creatine monohydrate on cutting phase.

O_khader
03-13-2010, 05:40 PM
Hi all, basically my question is can i use creatine monohydrate while on cutting phase and im using keto diet.. so im drinking it with water or with my whey protein.. and should i do the loading phase while on a cut.. will it affect my fat loss..

obesebeast
03-13-2010, 06:04 PM
no, creatine will not hinder "fat" loss although some people are prone to gaining water weight on creatine, but this is water weight, not actual fat, so you could still be losing fat, despite an increase/maintenance of weight, while you load creatine

i'd just stick with the 5g/day and not bother loading

FunkymonkAW
03-13-2010, 06:41 PM
no, creatine will not hinder "fat" loss although some people are prone to gaining water weight on creatine, but this is water weight, not actual fat, so you could still be losing fat, despite an increase/maintenance of weight, while you load creatine

i'd just stick with the 5g/day and not bother loading

Word for word yes.

I am currently using creatine mono on my cutting phase. I feel like it's still helping me give that little extra in the gym, but I won't know for sure until I cycle off (Do I need to? No, but I honestly don't see a reason not to every once in awhile). You may retain extra water with it, causing the scale NOT to move. Don't let it get to you, and don't be afraid to use the mirror instead of the scale.

O_khader
03-13-2010, 11:21 PM
Thanks for the info guys.. I wont bother doing the loading phase.. ill just stick with 5g 4 times a day :)

Ferios
03-13-2010, 11:26 PM
I'm taking creatine mono on my and it's actually helping me lose weight faster.

Gusthebus
03-14-2010, 06:46 AM
Thanks for the info guys.. I wont bother doing the loading phase.. ill just stick with 5g 4 times a day :)

isnt this too much 20 g a day? i only take 5-7 g a day and made good progress

FunkymonkAW
03-14-2010, 07:56 AM

5g 4 times a day is what you would be doing if you were loading.

Just take 5g a day.