PDA

View Full Version : Mega dosing extend while cutting?

davidhogan34
03-07-2010, 02:25 PM
Hey guys, I'm planning on using extend while cutting, so I was wondering if it would be beneficial to mega dose extend.

I'd be taking bout 6 servings (12 scoops) a day. 3 before/inter/post workout and 3 throughout the day.

Thoughts?

davidhogan34
03-07-2010, 03:21 PM
bump

IronTerminator
03-07-2010, 03:29 PM
No, just make sure you're getting enough protein from food and throw in some Xtend if you'd like.

Diablomeister
03-07-2010, 03:45 PM
waste of money.

AnimalNation
03-07-2010, 03:47 PM
waste of money.

This.

Only time I ever took it really was during extended fasting sessions and occasionally pre-workout if I hadn't gotten a good amount of protein within the previous hour.

jeremyleinen
03-07-2010, 04:02 PM
Just save it for during your workouts. If you have more money than you know what to do with, drink it instead of water, but theres likely not a good cost to benefit ratio of doing that.

On Fire
03-07-2010, 04:25 PM
Hey guys, I'm planning on using extend while cutting, so I was wondering if it would be beneficial to mega dose extend.

I'd be taking bout 6 servings (12 scoops) a day. 3 before/inter/post workout and 3 throughout the day.

Thoughts?

Do not suggest high dose BCAA's.

euro_vc
03-07-2010, 05:49 PM

Thoughts?

Mega doses of BCAA are not very good for you. There is a thread about it in the supp science section

Moral of the story

American Journal of Clinical Nutrition, Vol. 72, No. 2, 573S-578s, August 2000
Copyright 2000 American Society for Clinical Nutrition
Serotonin and central nervous system fatigue: nutritional considerations
J Mark Davis, Nathan L Alderson, and Ralph S Welsh

For BCAAs to be physiologically effective in reducing central fatigue, large doses are probably required. Large doses, however, are likely to increase the ammonia concentration in plasma, which is known to be toxic to the brain and muscle (36). It has been suggested that buffering of ammonia could lead to early fatigue in working muscles by depleting glycolytically derived carbon skeletons (pyruvate) and draining intermediates of the tricarboxylic acid cycle (38). Large doses of BCAA during exercise are also likely to slow water absorption across the gut, cause gastrointestinal disturbances, and decrease fluid palatability.