PDA

View Full Version : Help needed =)

Shikarii
03-05-2010, 02:09 AM
Hey im 17 188cm 89kg, i started a diet for cutting and would love opinions on my diet, atm it is pretty plain and simple. Atm i do weights 4 times week run 3 times week

Meal 1
3 Egg whites

Meal 2
Can of tuna on sandwich
1 Apple

Meal 3
4 Rice crackers with peanut butter
2 Kiwis
1 Bananna

Meal 4
200g lean chicken
Protein shake

Meal 5
200g lean chicken
Veggies
Satay rice
2 Potatoes

This roughly comes to 2000 calories, do you think im getting enough protein/carbs and fats?

Insight
03-05-2010, 02:25 AM
Well, add up the fats and carbs and protein amount and you'll have your answer.

And I hope that you like those foods, and you aren't just forcing yourself to eat bland tasteless crap because you think its' "betteR" or something.

AdamRingshall
03-05-2010, 02:41 AM
Couple of things my man....

1. Just three egg whites on their own for breakfast? That's definitely not enough for the ksot important meal of the day. Add in some low GI carbs like oats and some raw nuts for healthy fats.

2. Why would you have 200g of chicken and a protein shake at the same meal? That's a protein overload man, take the chicken breast or protein shake and have it with meal 3 where you currently don't have enough protein.

3. Again add a small amount of low GI carbs with meal 4. "Low carb but not NO Carb".

Every meal should be balanced and consistent. Each meal needs a balance of high quality lean protein and low GI carbs. Keep it simple and then some healthy fats from nuts, avacados or fish at some of those meals.

Hope that helps a little

Adam
Get a Free video course on fat loss and boosting metabolism at www.BodyByAdam.co.uk

Insight
03-05-2010, 03:38 AM
Except for the fact that the GI is a worthless pile of horsesh*t, I agree with the above post.

th3pwn3r
03-05-2010, 03:55 AM
Are you making progress? If you are then you don't "need" help. Only adjust your diet and activity as needed/desired. Don't fix what ain't broke UNLESS you're certain you can make it better.