PDA

View Full Version : school diet

melson
02-28-2010, 01:44 PM
I'm 15 and i need help on finding a diet that will work with school. Every meal plan i read out of magazines always involves eating some kind of large meat at lunch, which as you know, is hard to make at school. Could anyone help me with a meal plan that will work with school?

Thanks

DirtyRobot
02-28-2010, 01:58 PM
Are you referring to cafeteria food or are you bringing in a lunch?

If you're bringing a lunch... well, nothing much changes between school/college/"real life." Do it all up the night before (make some chicken breasts, tuna sandwiches, or whatever), stick it in the fridge, and then throw it into your lunch bag in the morning.

An easy way to bring in some extra protein is to get a rubbermaid or tupperware juice box, throw in some protein powder in the morning, and then at lunch just add water and shake.

If it's cafeteria food, look for sandwiches with lots of meat, drink a lot of milk.

DirtyRobot
02-28-2010, 02:09 PM
Sorry, I reread your question and realize I didn't answer it very well.

I am assuming you're trying to gain weight? If so, considering your age, I would try to eat up. A lot of people find it easier to keep energy levels balanced with 6 small meals (thought it's not necessary). Try to get in some protein and some carbs with every meal. If you're eating a lot, the fats should add up. Have some whole eggs in the morning, and that'll get your healthy fats up there.

Anyways, try to get in 140 or more grams of protein a day. Other than that, you need a meal plan with calories. All you need to do is set up a plan that's sustainable for you, and then stick to it. If it's working, great. Keep everything as is. If you're not gaining weight, then it's easy to just add some food to your plan.

You don't need any specific "meal plan" per se. As long as you get in a good amount of protein and a good amount of calories, you're all set.