PDA

View Full Version : Starting all over again...

ShadyRensch
01-26-2007, 10:33 AM
Well, it's been a crazy last few months for me, and actually since about early September I haven't lifted/done cardio. Some things came up in my life, and I needed to focus on them instead. I've put on about 20 pounds going from 188 to about 210, and I lost the decent physique I had less than a year ago.

Well next week I'm getting back in the weight room, and am going to throw 20-30 minutes of cardio at the end of it, 4 days a week. I'm in college and am required to be on a meal plan, so I will have to eat cafeteria food in moderation, and take ON Whey protein following my workouts. I hope I can still manage to lose weight even though I won't be able to calorie count. I guess I can remember what I eat in the cafe and guess on fitday.

Anyone else do this before? And can I expect to lose some weight just by eating healthy, and making good choices? Hopefully I have some muscle memory as well.

Struct09
01-26-2007, 10:46 AM
Do you go to the U of MN Twin Cities? That's where I went :)

Anyways, I was overweight going into college, and was on the required meal plan as well. What worked for me was keeping my dining hall portions moderate, sticking to the smarter choices (salad, fruit, chicken, etc), and walking to all my classes (Even in the winter, I know how tempting those busses are).

ShadyRensch
01-26-2007, 10:49 AM
Yeah I plan on doin cottage cheese, whatever meats they have that isn't fried, and fruits/veggies. That and ON Whey before/after workouts. I actually go to Augsburg college right by the U, but I almost went to the U.

master_no_name
01-26-2007, 10:49 AM
wtf is a "required meal plan"?! They tell you what you have to eat? You can ONLY eat in a cafeteria? It's part of tuition costs or what? I don't get it ad whatever it is, it sounds REALLY retarded. Any of you care to expand on the subject?

ShadyRensch
01-26-2007, 10:54 AM
^Yeah. When staying on campus they require us to buy a meal plan that's about $1,500. It's really lame.

Struct09
01-26-2007, 10:55 AM
wtf is a "required meal plan"?! They tell you what you have to eat? You can ONLY eat in a cafeteria? It's part of tuition costs or what? I don't get it ad whatever it is, it sounds REALLY retarded. Any of you care to expand on the subject?

If we lived in the dorms, part of the cost was a meal plan. The food alone was around $1000 for a semester, and that included 3 meals per day.

Luckily, they had some decent choices where I went.