PDA

View Full Version : 2 specific questions regarding nutrition

schafe15
02-27-2010, 10:26 AM
#1 -- im trying to eat alot better mostly to lose a little bit of belly fat. i'm at work right now and just had some extreme peta, this is the nutrition i receieved from it (as said from the nutrition guide)

cals: 242
fat: 2.0g
saturated: 0.5
trans: 0.0
sodium(mg): 1022
carbs: 35.1
fibre:7.8
protein: 18.6

Also had a bag of lays baked chips..140cals

#2 -- you say stay away from soft drinks. Is there anything wrong with having some diet pepsi say once a day?

abergirl
02-27-2010, 10:50 AM
#1 -- im trying to eat alot better mostly to lose a little bit of belly fat. i'm at work right now and just had some extreme peta, this is the nutrition i receieved from it (as said from the nutrition guide)

cals: 242
fat: 2.0g
saturated: 0.5
trans: 0.0
sodium(mg): 1022
carbs: 35.1
fibre:7.8
protein: 18.6

Also had a bag of lays baked chips..140cals

#2 -- you say stay away from soft drinks. Is there anything wrong with having some diet pepsi say once a day?

I don't understand what the question was exactly for #1, if there was a question?

For #2, this is a really contested subject. Some swear by diet soda but some just cut it out from their diets. It's really personal preference. Read some previous threads on this and form your own opinion:

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=111155311
http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=122488361

BookMonkey
02-27-2010, 01:04 PM
If you're asking in #1 if that meal is "healthy," then I would have to say almost. The calories and fat are nice and low. The carbs and protein are nice and balanced. But that sodium is nearly half of most people's daily in one meal. I'm not trying to be a sodiumphobe, but I figure if you aren't taking in the same amount of salt with every meal, then you're fine. Otherwise, just up your water intake to compensate or something.

As far as #2 goes, as an above poster said, there is controversy on it. The way I feel about it is that if you aren't using it to replace water, you're fine. Some people think that they can just drink diet soda instead of water and be fine, but that is far from the truth. Soda (diet or otherwise) is a diuretic and will cause your body to lose water. Now, if you want to treat yourself with a diet soda daily, that's fine. But just make sure to get plenty of water otherwise.

To me, this combo of food and drink is more of a cheat meal. Something that I don't consider to be helpful towards my diet since I'd be having to make compensations to work it in. But that's just me...