PDA

View Full Version : 6-0 on 14 shots in the 1st period... U scared Canada?

DonMegaR
02-26-2010, 12:43 PM
well... are you?

BrainChild
02-26-2010, 12:44 PM
In LUUUUUUUU we trust.

no not scared.

SkinnyFatPhil
02-26-2010, 12:45 PM
nah. im excited cause its gonna be a great game

Saint-Odin
02-26-2010, 12:45 PM
a little.

either way pumped to watch the game. Doesn't matter who you're cheerin for, if its USA vs CAN in the gold medal game its gonna be one hell of a show.

DonMegaR
02-26-2010, 12:46 PM
sorry but luongo is a siv bro's

slowteg
02-26-2010, 12:46 PM
i would be

KraftDanner
02-26-2010, 12:47 PM
lol KIPPER gave you the momentum on a silver plate with that first goal.. He's TERRIBLE... Oh and Finland =/= Canada...

BRB 7-3 against Russia... Much more impressive.

BrainChild
sorry but luongo is a siv bro's

aware me on siv?

i am from vancouver and worship the canucks. tread lightly here bro.

Cjjlpsp
It doesn't make me think the US is good, it makes me think Finland is bad.

But I guess we'll find out if we beat Slovakia.

DonMegaR
according to great hockey minds this was supposed to be a one goal game... lol

Phee123
Finland is playing like ****, gona be a good game sunday

BrainChild
lol KIPPER gave you the momentum on a silver plate with that first goal.. He's TERRIBLE... Oh and Finland =/= Canada...

its nice to be cheering for the same team for once.

GO CANADA.

DavyCrockett
02-26-2010, 12:48 PM
kipper taking lessons on how to be bad in net from brodeur.

Montre
02-26-2010, 12:49 PM
kipper taking lessons on how to be bad in net from brodeur.

lmfao

They should have put the giant cardboard luongo head people in the stands had instead of brodeur for the first US game. We would have had a better chance.

BrainChild
02-26-2010, 12:51 PM
lmfao

They should have put the giant cardboard luongo head people in the stands had instead of brodeur for the first US game. We would have had a better chance.

come on now. give brodeur more credit than that. He is just at his tail end of his career. There is a reason the guy is the most decorated nhl goalie of all time.

SkinnyFatPhil
02-26-2010, 12:52 PM
lol why people saying brodeur played bad. he played good, not great, thats why he got pulled, goalies go on and off hot streaks lots. still one of the best. tbh lu ain't doing a whole lot better, not even close to miller

Mac_xX
lmfao, Finland is a joke. Sooo embarassing if your finnish.

FlyinTurdNugget
lol... USA already beat Kanadia once... quit trying to act tough Kanadienz

DonMegaR
aware me on siv?

i am from vancouver and worship the canucks. tread lightly here bro.

Etymology: Middle English sive, from Old English sife; akin to Old High German sib sieve
: a device with meshes or perforations through which finer particles of a mixture (as of ashes, flour, or sand) of various sizes may be passed to separate them from coarser ones, through which the liquid may be drained from liquid-containing material, or through which soft materials may be forced for reduction to fine particles

Relativity
02-26-2010, 12:53 PM
Hockey, America's sport.

BrainChild
02-26-2010, 12:53 PM
lol... USA already beat Kanadia once... quit trying to act tough Kanadienz

im sorry when was the late time usa mens hockey won gold? canada won in 2002.

enough said.

PraetorianG
02-26-2010, 12:54 PM
Can't wait for the rematch. Gonna be epic.

DonMegaR
02-26-2010, 12:55 PM
5-3... lol

Mac_xX
02-26-2010, 12:56 PM
Canadians have to remember we have to beat a sold Slovakian team that ALSO beat Russia. I think we have a good chance though, if we play like we did against Russia and Germany.

AC33
02-26-2010, 12:56 PM
come on now. give brodeur more credit than that. He is just at his tail end of his career. There is a reason the guy is the most decorated nhl goalie of all time.

http://blackgaygossip.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/09/vma-kanye-swift1.jpg

Relativity
02-26-2010, 12:57 PM

enough said.

you livin the past bruh? 5-3.

FlyinTurdNugget
02-26-2010, 12:57 PM

enough said.

I'm sorry what was the score the last time the teams played?

****ing moron. Hang on to the past and you'll miss the present.

Mac_xX
02-26-2010, 01:01 PM

lol why u mad tho?

BrainChild
02-26-2010, 01:01 PM

lol it was 5-3 and the 5th goal was an empty netter....

i find it funny that americans who say they dont care about hockey are now all up in canadas face about a win that could have gone eitherway.

blah blah blah see you in the finals when a win actually counts.

bustermac
02-26-2010, 01:02 PM

i find it funny that americans who say they dont care about hockey are now all up in canadas face about a win that could have gone eitherway.

To quote your sig:

GO CANUCK GO

FlyinTurdNugget
02-26-2010, 01:03 PM

i really could give two ****s about hockey to tell you the truth. i just find it funny that you ignore the fact that we beat you not even a week ago, and chose to reference a game that happened 8 years ago.

I mean... I'm a Tampa Bay Bucs fan... thats almost exactly like me saying to a Falcons fan, "Yeah well when was the last time you won a super bowl? We won it in 2002!" even though they swept the Bucs this past season. Just a losers mentality.

BrainChild
02-26-2010, 01:04 PM
To quote your sig:

GO CANUCK GO

ya go all the way to the gold medal podium.

Relativity
02-26-2010, 01:04 PM

lol this phaggot negging people because the truth hurts.

FappingBrah
02-26-2010, 01:06 PM
lol US beating canada is gonna come back to bite them. with that kind of talent, a pissed off canadian team will do lethal damage

BrainChild
02-26-2010, 01:06 PM
i really could give two ****s about hockey to tell you the truth. i just find it funny that you ignore the fact that we beat you not even a week ago, and chose to reference a game that happened 8 years ago.

i find it funny that you americans keep talking trash and as soon as we try to come back with any sory of defense....you guys are like "stop living in the past" "we won a game that doesnt count for **** except an extra day off"

anyways, on sunday will be gold medal match. most likey it will be usa and canada. let the shiit talking resume then. for now yes you won the last preliminary game. I wont say you out played us that game but ya you did win no excuses. see you on sunday

redbinder
02-26-2010, 01:07 PM
7-3 over Russia is more impressive.

Also lol at bragging over useless preliminary game win. That's like bragging in the superbowl that you beat the opposing team in the regular season: doesn't matter and medal round is entirely different game.

BrainChild
02-26-2010, 01:07 PM
lol this phaggot negging people because the truth hurts.

you complaining about a neg you baby?

Relativity
02-26-2010, 01:08 PM
you complaining about a neg you baby?

laughing hence the lol

PraetorianG
02-26-2010, 01:09 PM
7-3 over Russia is more impressive.

Also lol at bragging over useless preliminary game win. That's like bragging in the superbowl that you beat the opposing team in the regular season: doesn't matter and medal round is entirely different game.

Despite the fact that Canada has a way better team and still lost?

BrainChild
02-26-2010, 01:09 PM
god im at work and getting all riled up.

truth is i hated that we lost to usa. would have rather lost to a china womans team to be honest.

bustermac
02-26-2010, 01:10 PM
ya go all the way to the gold medal podium.

Your trashy, drunken ladies won your only hockey gold this time around.

BrainChild
02-26-2010, 01:10 PM
Despite the fact that Canada has a way better team and still lost?

stop living in the past bro that game was like a week ago. lol

BulkinBrah
02-26-2010, 01:11 PM
brb, comparing a win against the second best team in the tournmament (russia) to arguably a 6th,7th or 8th place team finland.

Even with this lead, I would still put money on USA losing to Russia

wakeboy21
02-26-2010, 01:12 PM
http://www4.pictures.gi.zimbio.com/Norway+v+Canada+IIHF+World+Championship+63D46RnJ3C-l.jpg
http://www.thehockeynews.com/imgs/dynamique/photos/original/h011102A.jpg

can shut down ovechkin, malkin, semin, datsyuk, kovalchuk.... not really scared of zach parise kessel and kane LOL

you guys realize how badly canada out shot and out played the us in the first game? the us didnt win it was a win for this guy
http://blogues.cyberpresse.ca/gagnon/wp-content/uploads/2009/03/ryan-miller.jpg

moto46
02-26-2010, 01:14 PM
No, we never are!

redbinder
02-26-2010, 01:15 PM
TBH I'm much more afraid of losing to Slovakia than the USA in the finals: Canada seems to not be able to get it up for teams that are supposed to be inferior, and only plays at high intensity in what is supposed to be a tough test.

bustermac
02-26-2010, 01:18 PM
brb, comparing a win against the second best team in the tournmament (russia) to arguably a 6th,7th or 8th place team finland.

Even with this lead, i would still put money on usa losing to russia

5-3

redbinder
02-26-2010, 01:20 PM
5-3

irrelevant prelim game; medal round is entirely different beast. It's like regular season vs playoffs: beating a team in the regular season means nothing with respect to winning game 7 or the superbowl.

AC33
02-26-2010, 01:22 PM
TBH I'm much more afraid of losing to Slovakia than the USA in the finals: Canada seems to not be able to get it up for teams that are supposed to be inferior, and only plays at high intensity in what is supposed to be a tough test.

haha I feel the same way

redbinder
02-26-2010, 01:23 PM
haha I feel the same way

I can honestly see Slovakia winning like 1-0, 2-0 or 2-1 or something similar. Should Canada make the finals, though, I have no doubt they will win. It's that back-up-against-the-wall, dont-lose-at-home feeling when playing against a strong team that is supposed to have a good chance to win that brings the best from Team Canada. Against a scrub team, though, Canada can't seem to score.

DowntoGoal
02-26-2010, 01:23 PM
I thought Americans didn't care about hockey...too cool or something.

BulkinBrah
02-26-2010, 01:27 PM
5-3

brb, giving a **** about a game that doesnt matter because its preliminary. Has it in any way impeded our way to gold...no, has it brought down Team Canada's motivation...no (if anything it made us realize we have to play better and that showed in the russia game), will you win in the finals against Canada...no, will American brahs still be saying "yea but we beat you in a preliminary game 5-3 so hahaa" after Canada takes gold on sunday...probably

Fuegoman
02-26-2010, 01:32 PM
I thought Americans didn't care about hockey...too cool or something.

A USA-Canada finals game would be the most watched TV program of all time in Canada. It won't even be top 20 for the year in the US.. probably won't beat any Monday Night Football viewer ratings this year.

Prn
02-26-2010, 01:36 PM
finland

stevedarsh
02-26-2010, 01:41 PM

this is just annoying, all of canada is acting like they already forgot what happened LESS THAN A WEEK AGO. yes i'm worried about the US winning on sunday, but jeeze canada winning is far from a given. theyve already proven they can lose to the US.

and i'm sorry, but luongo is not a better goalie than brodeur. he's capable of having bad nights too.

BulkinBrah
02-26-2010, 01:50 PM
A USA-Canada finals game would be the most watched TV program of all time in Canada. It won't even be top 20 for the year in the US.. probably won't beat any Monday Night Football viewer ratings this year.

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a387/deathbypika/Message%20Board%20Crap/not_sure_if_srs.jpg

Even though alot of american's dont care about hockey and dont watch it at all, the media will hype it up just because you guys are trying to beat us at our game, and its going to be against Canada. Pretty sure there will be alot of american viewers who don't care about hockey, just want to see USA beat Canada.

BulkinBrah
02-26-2010, 01:54 PM
this is just annoying, all of canada is acting like they already forgot what happened LESS THAN A WEEK AGO. yes i'm worried about the US winning on sunday, but jeeze canada winning is far from a given. theyve already proven they can lose to the US.

and i'm sorry, but luongo is not a better goalie than brodeur. he's capable of having bad nights too.

in this tournament, and any tournament for that matter, given the right circumstances, any team can beat any team. Even if you look at olympic basketball, I'm sure spain could beat USA a couples times out of 10 games, but still USA would win most. Same goes for hockey for that matter, USA would win maybe a couple times out of 10 games, but Canada would still win at least 70% of the time at least.

And so far luongo is playing better than Brodeur has in this tournament. So for this matter, he is a better goalie

Adonish-AOE14
02-26-2010, 01:56 PM
Not scared at all. I think americans are praying for a miracle in Slovakia beating Canada. They know they're gonna get destroyed if its Canada

Adonish-AOE14
02-26-2010, 01:58 PM
Funny thing is when we embarass you guys on sunday, and we make 49583982 threads about how badly we own you americans, the same ones talking sh*t right now and making hockey threads will claim they dont care about hockey. lol, sad but true. yes u mad and will be irate sunday.

Prn
02-26-2010, 01:59 PM
Funny thing is when we embarass you guys on sunday, and we make 49583982 threads about how badly we own you americans, the same ones talking sh*t right now and making hockey threads will claim they dont care about hockey. lol, sad but true. yes u mad and will be irate sunday.

was just about to say this
should be a great laugh

BrainChild
02-26-2010, 02:01 PM

lol last game we played it set a canadian broadcast record of 30 million viewers in canada. we only have 34 million people in canada.

Adonish-AOE14
02-26-2010, 02:08 PM
lol last game we played it set a canadian broadcast record of 30 million viewers in canada. we only have 34 million people in canada.
It was 10.5 million viewers.

dblb48
02-26-2010, 02:08 PM

rlly? did they get up for the USA game?

wrknhrd00
02-26-2010, 02:10 PM
rlly? did they get up for the USA game?

Did you not read his quote?

The way Americans feel about hockey is how the Canadian hockey team views the American hockey team. They really dont give a **** about them and view them as some third world nation playing the sport.

Unfortunately that bites you in the ass sometimes, but luckily never happens twice.

dblb48
02-26-2010, 02:10 PM

well lets make this clear rite now. No one down here does care about hockey, but any time we beat a country thats "the best" at something, we pay attention.

dblb48
02-26-2010, 02:12 PM

The way Americans feel about hockey is how the Canadian hockey team views the American hockey team. They really dont give a **** about them and view them as some third world nation playing the sport.

Unfortunately that bites you in the ass sometimes, but luckily never happens twice.

lol okay, the country that owns the Olympics isn't viewed as a threat? c'mon man....what other excuses you got?

stevedarsh
02-26-2010, 02:14 PM

You guys don't understand the concept of "nothing to lose." When Stanford beats USC, they celebrate. When USC beats Stanford, both teams go "meh." Get ready for a whole lot of "meh"

DowntoGoal
02-26-2010, 02:15 PM

Cool analysis brah

Greg1983
02-26-2010, 02:18 PM
You guys don't understand the concept of "nothing to lose." When Stanford beats USC, they celebrate. When USC beats Stanford, both teams go "meh." Get ready for a whole lot of "meh"

So it's only a big deal if you win gold and not if we do? Strong copout. I guess it didn't matter when the redeem team won at the summer games.

Monkey Helmet
02-26-2010, 02:18 PM
brb starting threads to jinx the US team

You guys are no better than the Canadians who started sh*t talking threads before the last game. Now they'll probably shut us out and the American trash talkers who don't even watch hockey will be long gone and the rest of us will have to put up with the Canadians rubbing gold in our faces.

BrainChild
02-26-2010, 02:26 PM

source? the radio in vancouver told me 30 million

INeedToGainNJ
02-26-2010, 02:30 PM
I'm just super happy that for 1 week, a lot of people in America are actually watching hockey.

Feels good.

moto46
02-26-2010, 02:33 PM
Its gold or nothing for us, as it always is. We dont play for silver!

JTrain306
02-26-2010, 02:33 PM
brb starting threads to jinx the US team

Because the fate and performance of the US Olympic team rests upon internet threads posted by anonymous users on a bodybuilding forum....

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_462KFnMmBbk/SqcDg0W5eiI/AAAAAAAAB2c/W_GQpASoKCo/s400/Skeptical-Hippo_500x500.jpg

moto46
02-26-2010, 02:40 PM

13.mill

DocHollidy
02-26-2010, 02:49 PM
LOL at canadiens saying that it was a prelim game

first off all over this board, ESPN, etc. their was nothing but canadiens running mouth, I wouldnt even had know their was a Canada/USA hockey game had it not been for all you canucks

if canada won the first game, all of you would be talking trash, so until you do win then your argument is invalid.

Monkey Helmet
02-26-2010, 02:53 PM
Because the fate and performance of the US Olympic team rests upon internet threads posted by anonymous users on a bodybuilding forum....

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_462KFnMmBbk/SqcDg0W5eiI/AAAAAAAAB2c/W_GQpASoKCo/s400/Skeptical-Hippo_500x500.jpg

If we lose I neg you.

dolphan34
02-26-2010, 03:04 PM
http://content.usatoday.com/communities/gameon/post/2010/02/usa-canada-hockey-most-watched-sports-program-in-history-in-canada/1

From what the article basically says 10.6 mil Canadians watched the game through, making it the most watched program in Canadian history. 21.5 million Canadians tuned in to the game at one point, but didn't watch the whole thing through is what I gather.

http://sportsmediawatch.blogspot.com/2010/02/usacanada-hockey-game-scores-82-million.html

8.2 million Americans watched the Canada U.S. hockey game.

http://www.multichannel.com/article/356974-Favre_Fever_MNF_Draws_21_8_Million_Viewers_Most_In _Cable_History.php

Monday Night Football. Keep in mind this airs EVERY WEEK during the NFL season. Drew 21.8 million viewers. That was a high game, but it averages 15.2 million a week.

So basically you can see that regardless of what the Sports section of the Misc may lead you to believe, the majority Americans do not care about hockey. The game vs. the United States was the most watched in Canadian history, but here in the US three times as many people saw a game of football that is played on a weekly basis.

INeedToGainNJ
02-26-2010, 03:09 PM
So basically you can see that regardless of what the Sports section of the Misc may lead you to believe, the majority Americans do not care about hockey. The game vs. the United States was the most watched in Canadian history, but here in the US three times as many people saw a game of football that is played on a weekly basis.

And 70% of Americans who watch football don't even know what a 1st down is. Everyone and their sister watches football games because it's the cool thing to do.

Sublime82
Etymology: Middle English sive, from Old English sife; akin to Old High German sib sieve
: a device with meshes or perforations through which finer particles of a mixture (as of ashes, flour, or sand) of various sizes may be passed to separate them from coarser ones, through which the liquid may be drained from liquid-containing material, or through which soft materials may be forced for reduction to fine particles

You left out the part where it's actually written sieve and that you can't spell.

JTrain306
If we lose I neg you.

Hey now.... I've never started a thread about it :D In fact that's one of the only posts I've made in the hockey threads.

Revolver45
02-26-2010, 03:25 PM
I think if we get by Slovakia today Sunday's game will be great. However I already notice the more obnoxious Americans having defense mechanisms like "we don't care about hockey down here." Well apparently you do or you wouldn't be posting in this thread. Seriously though I'm glad you have some excuses handy.

At any rate, much respect to the Americans who know about hockey and haven't just come on here to talk **** while they ride the high of a preliminary round win.

PS not scared but not taking the US lightly.

eMan0n
02-26-2010, 03:33 PM
but... but... Brodeur was having a bad game

but... but... Ryan Miller stole the show

but.. but.. it was just a preliminary round

but.. but... finland is gonna beat you

but.. but...

Revolver45
02-26-2010, 03:40 PM
but... but... Brodeur was having a bad game
Luongo>Brodeur

but... but... Ryan Miller stole the show
If you think otherwise you clearly didn't watch the game.
but.. but.. it was just a preliminary round
Nothing gets by you does it?

but.. but... finland is gonna beat you
No one said that.

Good argument brah. Your hockey knowledge is overwhelming.

eMan0n
02-26-2010, 03:44 PM
Good argument brah. Your hockey knowledge is overwhelming.

raging canadien is still raging

FlyinTurdNugget
02-26-2010, 03:47 PM
ITT: Kanadienz mad that a "third world country" hockey team beat them.

Revolver45
02-26-2010, 03:53 PM
raging canadien is still raging
Only til Sunday brah...

ITT: Kanadienz mad that a "third world country" hockey team beat them.
...wut?

CLEAN_SET_OF_10
02-26-2010, 03:55 PM
Kipper shat the bed.

FlyinTurdNugget
02-26-2010, 04:00 PM
...wut?

Kenetics
02-26-2010, 04:02 PM

How are the americans a third world team playing the sport when their team is full of NHLers? Only two teams are like this in the IIHF, team Canada and USA. Not even Russia has a team full of NHLers.

Vandamwtc
02-26-2010, 06:40 PM
What time sunday will the game be anyways?