PDA

View Full Version : Staggering carb intake after workout

Gymrat-UK
01-26-2007, 07:51 AM
Armed with the info from Alan's pre/post nutrition thread and Cat's creatine article.. http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/catcrea.htm . I'm trying to combine what I've learnt from both. Will be following Alan's advice of the amount of carbs and protein I need with the timings but when i start taking creating next month I want to incorporate a staggering carb intake to my post workout shake.

Cat's theory is that a prolonged insulin spike is best for the optimum absorption.

Just unsure how to do this best. Total of carbs i need after my workout is 100g. Was thinking of having a mixture of Oats and Dextrose with my Whey and creatine.. then taking some dex at 20, 30 and 40 mins after that.

So maybe.. 20g Oats/20g Dex post, then at 20, 30 and 40mins after, another 20g dex, at each of those time intervals. Giving a total of 100g.

What do you guys reckon? Do i need more carbs in the initial shake? I could obviously take the 100g carbs in the initial shake and then another 60g's after that but i think that may be overkill.

Gymrat-UK
01-30-2007, 07:42 AM
Any input?