PDA

View Full Version : Are they Kashi frozen entrees good for diet?

DanX47
02-18-2010, 09:16 PM
I am trying the new abs diet and when I work I want to get something that can be part of my diet. How is the Kashi Chicken Florentine?

determined4000
02-18-2010, 09:32 PM
I am trying the new abs diet and when I work I want to get something that can be part of my diet. How is the Kashi Chicken Florentine?

overpriced
buy the ingredients yourself and you can make 5 meals for the same price

Murderfox
02-18-2010, 09:56 PM
They taste real good, i enjoy em from time to time, not a staple though, i prefer to make my own food. As for macro wise, just try to fit it in your calories w/ whatever you're doing & you should be fine.

DanX47
02-18-2010, 10:26 PM
overpriced
buy the ingredients yourself and you can make 5 meals for the same price
Well I can't really make food at work. That's why it's convenient for me. I work in a grocery store. Huge variety of food so I though Kashi would be quick and convenient.

BunkMoreland
02-19-2010, 07:33 AM
Well I can't really make food at work. That's why it's convenient for me.

i highly doubt he meant for you to prepare your items at work. prepare your meals at home in bulk, freeze whatever you wont have in the next couple of days. tupperware it up. self-prepped meals from whole foods- better than that processed stuff. and had at a fraction of the price.

though, if you just dont have the time, or the want to prepare your own meals (like i used to)- and have to pick prepared stuff- you can do a lot worse than Kashi.

Zangeif Lagasse
02-19-2010, 07:38 AM
i highly doubt he meant for you to prepare your items at work. prepare your meals at home in bulk, freeze whatever you wont have in the next couple of days. tupperware it up. self-prepped meals from whole foods- better than that processed stuff. and had at a fraction of the price.

though, if you just dont have the time, or the want to prepare your own meals (like i used to)- and have to pick prepared stuff- you can do a lot worse than Kashi.

Yeah, cooking in bulk saves a ton of time and money.

DanX47
02-19-2010, 10:55 PM
i highly doubt he meant for you to prepare your items at work. prepare your meals at home in bulk, freeze whatever you wont have in the next couple of days. tupperware it up. self-prepped meals from WHOLE FOODS- better than that processed stuff. and had at a fraction of the price.

For a second I thought you meant the store lol.

determined4000
02-19-2010, 11:05 PM
my point was they sell for about $4 and get you only 300 or less calories and about 20g prtoein
For that price, I can buy 2+ lbs of chicken (the other ingredients are even cheaper per unit) --> almost 200g protein