PDA

View Full Version : Ravens sign Donte Stallworth

DavidJr74
02-17-2010, 05:15 PM
I'm like 50/50 on this........Not in mode for debate so eh. One side of me says its bad publicty and bad decision for the Ravens to sign a guy with DUI Manslauther. But I'm pasting this from yahoo answers which was pretty interesting

Don't compare what Donte Stallworth did to what Micheal Vick did. What Vick did was malicious. What Donte did was an accident. He was no more intoxicated than 90% of the people who walk out of a bar and drive home every day. He had had a few drinks. The reason that his sentence was minimal was because the fact that he had been drinking was incidental to the accident. In other words, the police determined that the accident would most likely have happened whether he had been drinking or not.

The pedestrian was as much at fault for the tragic accident. Sure it would be easy to blame Donte because he was drunk, but the fact is it was just a tragic accident. If he hadn't been drinking he wouldn't have been charged at all.

Stallworth has not had a history of problems and acted very responsibly in the aftermath of the tragedy, unlike many who would have fled the scene.

What do you guys think? Is this bad publicity for the Ravens? (then again I'm guess ozzie is used to it....IE keeping Ray Lewis despite murder allegations)

tmc.
02-17-2010, 05:20 PM
Who cares about bad publicity? Didn't affect the Eagles at all with Vick.

Stallworth should still be in prison and should have been banned for life from the NFL, but that's not going to change anything.

jdo1
02-17-2010, 05:34 PM
Didn't stop Rey Lewis....

Negatron617
02-17-2010, 05:36 PM
hes gonna crash and burn

DavidJr74
02-17-2010, 05:38 PM
Didn't stop Rey Lewis....

lol lets keep Ray Ray out of it. I'm sure thats been discussed thousands of times on these boards....

Who cares about bad publicity? Didn't affect the Eagles at all with Vick.

Stallworth should still be in prison and should have been banned for life from the NFL, but that's not going to change anything.

I think bad publicity will distract a team. Your right though it didn't seem to affect the eagles...but did sales go down from eagles signing him?

NoS_oUtLaSt
02-17-2010, 05:43 PM
he was also high.... just saying not hating. i dont give a ****

Miked1978
02-17-2010, 06:11 PM
I think its a good signing. Ravens don't have a WR except for an ancient Mason.

The manslaughter case was an unfortunate incident. After I read what happened I don't think alcohol played any part in the accident. It would have happened regardless. He I believe he has payed his price and deserves a 2nd chance. If he was truely drunk and jumped a curve and plowed some people down I would feel differently.

tmc.
02-17-2010, 06:22 PM
I think its a good signing. Ravens don't have a WR except for an ancient Mason.

The manslaughter case was an unfortunate incident. After I read what happened I don't think alcohol played any part in the accident. It would have happened regardless. He I believe he has payed his price and deserves a 2nd chance. If he was truely drunk and jumped a curve and plowed some people down I would feel differently.

he murdered a guy driving while intoxicated

the rest is just PR spin

Cheezefryz
02-17-2010, 08:13 PM
Yeah I still like the pick up since it was a low risk/high reward signing.. although his recent transgressions make me wonder.. Since Ravens normally sign only players without any baggage, and good character

The_Albatross
02-17-2010, 08:23 PM
do the ravens lead the nfl in most confirmed kills now?