PDA

View Full Version : Feeling tired

shaf9
02-12-2010, 05:22 PM
Ok so I have been feeling tired and sleeping long amounts of time in the past few months. I was hoping eating clean foods would help but i see no improvements.
I usually eat oatmeal with skim milk in the morning with a bananna and some blueberries. Also I eat 3 - 4 egg whites with a cup of skim milk. I just feel really groggy and have no energy etc to do anything. I have cut candy and soda out of my diet so I dont know what it can be.

justin36253
02-12-2010, 05:53 PM
Throw some fat in that diet of yours. Add 2 handfuls of nuts to every meal and I guarantee you will not feel tired anymore. Also you possibly could be oversleeping? the tiredness could be a result of fatigue from your CNS due to overtraining? A lot of variables here, but overall add some more fat and protein to try and stabilize glucose levels.

halcyonnwar
02-12-2010, 06:06 PM
Are you on a deficit right now (eating below maintenance to lose fat)?

I feel *really* tired sometimes while I am cutting. Especially on workout days.

If you're not eating at a deficit maybe go get checked out by a doctor.

Meatpants
02-12-2010, 06:07 PM
How much water are you getting. Try drinking an extra glass of water with and after large carb meals. Good suggestion above with the nuts. If your in a deficit try some nuts or MCT's. What is you training schedule like? Could be a sign of over training?

_Meridian_
02-12-2010, 06:16 PM
Without knowing many more details this could be so many things! Definitely try adding fats or more carbs to your diet.

If you are in a caloric deficit a bit of low energy is sometimes expected, which is why a lot of people use energy supplements while cutting.

If you believe your diet is in check and you are still experiencing such low energy, definitely see a physician. It could be a vitamin or mineral deficiency, as well as many other things [thyroid, diabetes, etc].

Good luck.

Edit: Also, i you have seriously revamped your workout and/or eating habits recently, you may have just thrown you body for a loop. If this is the case, it will definitely take a while to adjust to such a drastic change. Even positive changes like eating better or working our more can make you feel worse before you begin to feel better.