PDA

View Full Version : diet critique

neil0072
02-12-2010, 10:16 AM
I have been on a diet for about 3 weeks now and have started to see some resuluts. I have lost 8 pounds. I usually work out 3 times a week and do cardio usually about 5. I was just wondering if I am eating the right things. I want to start getting some definition on my abs. I currently weigh 174.

For breakfast
3 egg whites
bowl of oatmeal with almonds in it

workout

snack 2 clementines and a protein bar

Lunch Turkey/Tuna Sandwich with corn and an apple with PB

Snack Protein Shake

Dinner Chicken/fish/turkey burger/steak with veggies

Thanks for the help

Nab0610
02-12-2010, 10:21 AM
as long as the burger and steak are lean cuts of meat and not real fatty, than your doing really good

x-plicit
02-12-2010, 10:48 AM
I have been on a diet for about 3 weeks now and have started to see some resuluts. I have lost 8 pounds. I usually work out 3 times a week and do cardio usually about 5. I was just wondering if I am eating the right things. I want to start getting some definition on my abs. I currently weigh 174.

For breakfast
3 egg whites
bowl of oatmeal with almonds in it

workout

snack 2 clementines and a protein bar

Lunch Turkey/Tuna Sandwich with corn and an apple with PB

Snack Protein Shake

Dinner Chicken/fish/turkey burger/steak with veggies

Thanks for the help

The post-workout snack would be my point of critique. Two clementines and a protein bar... Firstly, it depends on the protein bar and it's rations. I'd rather recommend to consume something like lean meat, fish or egg whites post-workout. If you want to have some carbs post-work out, rather go for complex carbs like wholegrain oats, brown rice etc (the list is long). I am not a big fan of commercial foods. Protein bars are usually full of polyols (sugar alcohols) instead of complex carbohydrates, which your body needs.

Further, if you're into protein bars, it would be a better idea to prepare your own bars using oats, protein powder & peanut butter. ;)

Which supplements are you taking?
Make sure to include EFAs into your diet. Go for coldpressed flax seed oil for instance or Udo's Choice Oil Blend (my personal favorite).

Another tip, don't stick to the same meal plan. A good way would be to cycle carbs: higher carb intake on lifting days, and lower on your days off.

Good luck.

P.S.: Personally, I don't include carbs into my post-workout meal.

neil0072
02-12-2010, 03:03 PM
I use 100% protein 20g a serving. Usually I work out from 7:20-830 am. Then I have class for 4 hours. SO during that time I have my snack. As soon as i am done I come home and have some kind of meat to help my body.