PDA

View Full Version : Holistic Health

wn1998
02-12-2010, 09:14 AM
I have been reading up a ton on holistic health plans and the diets associated with them. Many seem to favor the "raw" type diets and many denounce the use of any kind of pasturized milk product (Cheese, milk, cottage cheese etc).

Many of them also say the human body can not digest grains and grains and sugar are the main contributing factors to many diseases. They say that you need to get all carbs from vegetables and potatoes.

I have cut out all high frutose corn syrup out of my diet as well as diet soda and fruit juice. I currently only use stevia in moderation as a sweetner and I have never felt better! Anyone follow any of this advice?

Doheenz
02-12-2010, 10:26 AM
i try to follow a holistic diet, especially when at home, however i find it is much harder to do at college... I dont consume HFCS, nor do i take any artificial sweeteners, ive read up on stevia and i dont really trust it,,, i just stick with honey to sweeten anything.

rhizome
02-12-2010, 10:33 AM
I have been reading up a ton on holistic health plans and the diets associated with them. Many seem to favor the "raw" type diets and many denounce the use of any kind of pasturized milk product (Cheese, milk, cottage cheese etc).

Many of them also say the human body can not digest grains and grains and sugar are the main contributing factors to many diseases. They say that you need to get all carbs from vegetables and potatoes.

I have cut out all high frutose corn syrup out of my diet as well as diet soda and fruit juice. I currently only use stevia in moderation as a sweetner and I have never felt better! Anyone follow any of this advice?
In other words, blah blah blah, blah, blah blah, blah blah blah blah, BROSCIENCE.

wn1998
02-12-2010, 11:41 AM
In other words, blah blah blah, blah, blah blah, blah blah blah blah, BROSCIENCE.

Not really! There are a lot of studies done on the topics. take a look at www.mercola.com

rhizome
02-12-2010, 02:22 PM
Not really! There are a lot of studies done on the topics. take a look at www.mercola.com
Mercola is about the biggest quack there is and his sheeple line up behind him like a bunch of dumb ****ers.

VTRunner
02-12-2010, 02:38 PM

*Facepalm

...*Facepalm, facepalm, facepalm

Go ahead and eat raw food for the rest of your life. See how great you feel.

VTRunner
02-12-2010, 02:39 PM
Mercola is about the biggest quack there is and his sheeple line up behind him like a bunch of dumb ****ers.

Thank you!!! Someone who has sense.

Please provide VAIBLE research that backs your claim from REPUTABLE sources. (Meaning pubmed, etc.)

Opies
02-12-2010, 03:30 PM
no need to cut out sugar, just use it in moderation. HFCS is no different than table sugar, nor the sugar in fruit, so don't bother going out of your way to avoid it. Grains and dairy are dependant on the person. Some people don't handle grains or dairy as well as others. If you have never had any problems, then you have no reason to avoid either of them.

All you need for a good diet is meats, fruit, veggies, and nuts. On top of that add whatever you want, dairy, grains, sugar, processed foods galore, just do it in moderation and stay away from one extreme or the other

shroper
02-12-2010, 05:05 PM
People can't digest grains..??? I guess we can eat just eat tons of bread, pasta, etc and not gain an oz since it will just pass through undigested. NICE!!!

franklin2
02-12-2010, 06:55 PM

Yeah, Im sure youre much more knowledeable. Mercola has been cutting edge and ground breaking on many things. Not to mention he sells many great products that arent loaded with absolute garbage like 95% of the products sold on this site.
His sheeple line up behind him? I bet you dont have a clue of one person who is behind him or associated with him.
Ill give you one thing, he has become too slightly too commercial and lax on a few of his products but his newsletters and information is extremely helpful to many.
The only people who would call him a "quack" are the traditional western-world medicine people who think that chemotherapy (and nothing else) is the only way to cure cancer and organic foods are absolutely no different than conventional.

franklin2
02-12-2010, 06:57 PM
HFCS is no different than table sugar, nor the sugar in fruit, so don't bother going out of your way to avoid it.

Im not even going to get started with this comment.
If you dont know what youre talking about, then you probably should not comment on it and misinform/give people the wrong information.