PDA

View Full Version : New guy just looking for tips and advise

xxAaronBxx
02-07-2010, 09:11 PM
Hello my name is Aaron and i have decided to stop being lazy and get myself in shape . I am really looking to trim down and then to tone myself . I have been on a diet for a bout 2 weeks and i have returned to the gym starting a week ago.I am curently going to the gym 6 times a week , doing lifting and cardio . I am 5'8" and i weigh 306 pounds ( down from 320 two weeks ago). I would like to get down to 220 to 230 pounds . I will be searching this forum like crazy for help but i was just wondering if anybody had any helpfull tips or advise . Also if i should be taking anything to help me .

Dths
02-07-2010, 09:13 PM
Hello my name is Aaron and i have decided to stop being lazy and get myself in shape . I am really looking to trim down and then to tone myself . I have been on a diet for a bout 2 weeks and i have returned to the gym starting a week ago.I am curently going to the gym 6 times a week , doing lifting and cardio . I am 5'8" and i weigh 306 pounds ( down from 320 two weeks ago). I would like to get down to 220 to 230 pounds . I will be searching this forum like crazy for help but i was just wondering if anybody had any helpfull tips or advise . Also if i should be taking anything to help me .

Figure out how many calories you burn a day and eat less than that. Get your lean body mass in protein each day. Get alot of sleep if you are lifting 6 days a week but in all honesty lifting 4 days would be perfectly fine and probably better if you are in a deficit.

chaser1712
02-07-2010, 09:24 PM
Eat filling foods like lean meat and veggies.

rel83
02-07-2010, 09:35 PM
Don't worry about taking fat burners or other stuff like that. Your diet will determine the majority of your results(caloric deficit), also if you've never been to the gym I'd scale it back a bit for now since you might burn yourself out. If you do fall off the horse with the diet and gym don't think of it as you failing, get back on track and continue. Dedication, motivation, and a lot of will power will aide you in your journey, good luck.

xxAaronBxx
02-08-2010, 03:12 AM
Thanks everybody for all the advise i have already learned a lot from just reading on here . I have been to the gym before its just this is my first time back in like a year .

ejthomp
02-08-2010, 07:01 AM
Eat filling foods like lean meat and veggies.

Can't go wrong with this advice! Simple meat and veggies AND WATER. Don't starve yourself (14 pounds in 2 weeks is too much!!!)

This isn't a sprint. You won't lose and more importantly KEEP OFF 100 pounds by going on a crazy starvation diet.

xxAaronBxx
02-08-2010, 06:06 PM
i am not trying to lose the weight that fast i just havent been hungry i have just cut a few things out of my diet that i felt i didnt need like soda and sweets and i havent been eating before bed .

everblue
02-08-2010, 06:15 PM

Congrats on the weightloss thus far, keep up the hard work. Someone said that 14 pounds in 2 weeks is too much, I have to disagree. As long as you keep hydrated you're not going to die. In fact, I think it's better to lose the weight as fast as possible especially being at 300lbs. I'd say about 90% of the patients that come into the cardiac cath lab getting stents are obese.

I started out at almost 300 (began at 287-290) when I hit 270's I couldn't go lower, then I went on a very low carb diet and shot down to the 230's. I'm currently in the 220's and have been slacking off and eating a ton of carbs cause of school (your brain only uses carbohydrates and ketone bodies, and ketone bodies are not as good as a fuel source as carbs and plus they are only around when you fast/no carb it for a long time as a source of fuel)