PDA

View Full Version : Fruit?

bradhore
02-07-2010, 04:01 AM
Why do i never see fruit such as apples and bannanas in bodybuilding diets??

Zangeif Lagasse
02-07-2010, 04:14 AM

maybe you're not looking in the right places?

apples are low GI and you can find plenty of people that eat them and I only know a handful of people that don't eat bananas pre-workout.

IronTerminator
02-07-2010, 05:45 AM
Broscience is a powerful thing....

KQguy
02-07-2010, 05:52 AM
In my opinion,every diet should consist of fruits and vegetables.I eat at least 2 servings of each daily,if not more.

Alyion
02-07-2010, 06:19 AM
I eat fruit all the time, nothing wrong with it.

RUDEMIX
02-07-2010, 06:46 AM
1 Banana pre-workout everyday for me.

Mr.Fuhrer
02-07-2010, 07:22 AM
Common guys, 8-10 servings. Increases metabolism, promotes healthy digestive track, constant energy curve. Especially in today's world where over farming is so prevalent, soil quality is diminishing, fruit/veg just don't have the nutritional values they used to.

Eat up.

AlphaBrass01
02-07-2010, 07:36 AM
I eat an apple every day. Sometimes I get some bananas and citrus in there. Also, I love dried fruits like figs, dates, and prunes.

-BodySculptor-
02-07-2010, 07:48 AM
Common guys, 8-10 servings. Increases metabolism, promotes healthy digestive track, constant energy curve. Especially in today's world where over farming is so prevalent, soil quality is diminishing, fruit/veg just don't have the nutritional values they used to.

Eat up.

This, and if any vegetables or fruits are heated in the microwave it is supposed to diminish some of the nutrients even farther. Supposedly according to a study an agricultural teacher showed me at school.

Simmo0508
02-07-2010, 07:52 AM

Because of the sugar content and more specifically the fructose. Bodybuilders rather their muscle glycogen be more of a priority than liver glycogen for example.

There's some bodybuilders that do eat fruit, but there's more that don't. You're right. Typically fruit is cut out and/or reduced mainly around pre-contest time. Off season you'll find that guys don't neglect it on purpose as much.

Not saying i necessarily agree with it, but hey i'm not gonna tell them what to do. They know what they're doin.

-TC-
02-07-2010, 07:54 AM
I eat banana's but they go bad quickly.