PDA

View Full Version : How can i adjust the dave polumbo diet for some that's 185?

gmenfan40
02-05-2010, 06:31 AM
The diet for a 200 pound man is

For a 200lb man:

MEAL #1
5 whole eggs (make sure to buy OMEGA-3 EGGS from the supermarket. They contain virtually NO saturated fat and tons of good OMEGA-3 fats); add another 4 egg whites to this (they don?t need to be the Omega-3 ones; you can use liquid egg whites)

MEAL #2
SHAKE: 50g Whey Protein with 1 ? tablespoon of All Natural Peanut butter (no sugar)

MEAL #3
"Lean Protein Meal": 8oz chicken with 1/2-cup cashew nuts (almonds, or walnuts)

MEAL #4
SHAKE: 50g Whey Protein with 1 ? tablespoons of All Natural Peanut butter (no sugar added)

MEAL #5
"Fatty Protein Meal": 8oz Salmon, Swordfish, or RED MEAT with a green salad (no tomatoes, carrots, or red peppers) with 1 tablespoon of Olive Oil or Macadamia nut oil and vinegar

MEAL #6
SHAKE: 50g Whey with 1 ? tablespoon all natural peanut butter or 4 whole (Omega-3) eggs and 4 extra whites

I have been sick all this weekend have been cutting before that, doing pretty well. The thing is i lowered my calories a little too fast and started to plateau, so while i have been sick i still have a strong appetite so i have been eating a lot of carbs and upped my calories so when i go on a keto diet it should shock it once again.

Well when i put the diet into fitday i made it only one scoop of whey instead of two for every serving. Now as i look at it, it looks liek the right amount of calories.

Any modifications or anything i should try to touch up?

http://i182.photobucket.com/albums/x261/gmenfan40/palumbodiet.jpg?t=1265380118

ste247
02-05-2010, 08:13 AM
bring your fatty meal portion down to 6 oz of meat, same as for your chicken and get some protien in with less carbs........

gmenfan40
02-05-2010, 08:38 AM
bring your fatty meal portion down to 6 oz of meat, same as for your chicken and get some protien in with less carbs........

Ok i lowered the chicken and beef to 6 oz and the almonds a little to lessen the carbs, but the almonds are most of the carbs which consists of mostly fiber so i don't think the carbs will become too much of a factor. I also forgot to add the green salad the first time, so that's a little more carbs but it's still mostly fiber. You also said to add more protein, but how? Should i add in another scoop of protein in one of my shakes?

http://i182.photobucket.com/albums/x261/gmenfan40/Untitled.jpg?t=1265387724

gmenfan40
02-05-2010, 12:22 PM
bump

slobass
02-05-2010, 12:44 PM
your protein has to many carbs. Look for an isolate and ur numbers will be fine

nvm u have to much fat and not enough protein either

its 1.5 grams of protein x ur body weight and .5x ur body weight of fat.

278p 92 f figure out what u need to do

if you have an isolate protein u should have close to 50 grams per protein shake and u will cut the carbs with the isolate and u shold have 1 oz of almonds not 2 and that will make ur numbers just about right.

0ATMEAL
02-05-2010, 01:18 PM
Your chicken breast nutrition facts seem off. 17g of fat is way too much for a boneless skinless chicken breast. Here is the nutrition facts I got from John Romano for chicken breast:

Serving Size: 4oz (cooked)

Calories 120 Calories from Fat 14

Total Fat 1.5g
Saturated Fat 0.5g
Monounsaturated Fat 1g
Polyunsaturated Fat 0g
Trans Fat 0g
Cholesterol 70mg
Sodium 0mg
Potassium 0mg
Total Carbohydrate 0g
Dietary Fiber 0g
Sugars 0g
Protein 24g

gmenfan40
02-05-2010, 01:27 PM
your protein has to many carbs. Look for an isolate and ur numbers will be fine

nvm u have to much fat and not enough protein either

its 1.5 grams of protein x ur body weight and .5x ur body weight of fat.

278p 92 f figure out what u need to do

if you have an isolate protein u should have close to 50 grams per protein shake and u will cut the carbs with the isolate and u shold have 1 oz of almonds not 2 and that will make ur numbers just about right.

http://i182.photobucket.com/albums/x261/gmenfan40/Untitled-1.jpg?t=1265405140

I just made the protein 2 scoops a shake and cut the almonds to 1 oz. I don't get why you're telling me to cut the fat if it's a keto diet.