PDA

View Full Version : Diet question

02-05-2010, 12:24 AM
Do you think for someone staying healthy that eating roughly the equal amount of fats, proteins, and carbohydrates is a good diet to follow? It's the easiest diet for me to use. I don't exactly always eat 33% in fats though. I tend to go lower on fat at times while protein and carbohydrates make up 80% of my diet from time to time.

My current activities
Running - 1 hour (non-HIIT) just for fun mostly

Dancing/Abdominal Workouts - I spend an hour on my abdominal muscles while I do dancing in between sets. This is my HIIT in a sense. I never try to let my self stop moving except for 30 second breaks sometimes.

Lifting - I do upper body hard and heavy, but lower body I stay to conditioning and lifting heavy only sometimes. I go for repetitions since I'm a runner and I don't exactly need an explosive amount of power.

Weight: 170
Height: 5'9"

Workout Schedule is always being rotated to fit my schedule (time wise).

Day 1: Upper Body
Day 2: Running
Day 3: Lower Body
Day 4: Dancing/Abdominals
Day 5: Upper Body
Day 6: Depends on work and if I feel like it.
Day 7: Depends on work and if I feel like it.

Weekends are usually two 9 hour days of lifting and walking. I don't always feel like working out.

I put in roughly 4k-10k calories a day. 10k is on days I feel I need more. Try not to drink any of those calories, but I can eat anytime I want since I work outside and it's cold up here in Minnesota at times. Hunger wise of course. I always need to be eating. I can put in 3k calories in a meal since I will need the energy to do my work at times.

My question
1. Is it alright to eat a higher amount of fats for my kind of training? People are always questioning me on it, but I enjoy it more instead of lower fats/higher carbohydrate diets.