PDA

View Full Version : New guy needs some input for eating...plz

xsuspencex
02-01-2010, 01:24 PM
So I have been working out 5 days a week (3 days lifting and 2 running) and for the last two months I have been a Vegetarian?long story lol. I?m able to eat meat again and really want to take my training to the next level and really put a lot of focus and effort into my nutrition but I never have before and need a little guidance. I found the article for Tareks transformation and was really inspired so I thought I would use his meal plan and workout as a layout to get started. Hopefully peoples input will help me fine tune this a little more for me. My main focus is to get bigger but also try for a nice beach body since summer is closing in. I used BB.com?s calculator based on my weight of 188lbs to come up with numbers below. Is this too many meals to start off with?

Right now the only supplements I take are Monster Milk and Monster Pump....any other suggestions here are greatly appreciated too :)

Thanks ahead for any and all input!

1st meal 5:30am:
1 cup of oatmeal and a protein shake
Oatmeal: Calories: 102, Total Fat: 1.99g, Total Carbs: 18.84g, Protein: 3.64g
Protein Shake: Calories: 350, Total Fat: 9g, Total Carbs: 18g, Protein: 50g

2nd meal 8:00am:
4 egg whites and 1 whole egg w/ 2 slices of wheat bread
Egg Whites: Calories: 17, Total Fat: 0.06g, Total Carbs: 0.24g, Protein: 3.6g
Whole Egg: Calories: 101, Total Fat: 7.45g, Total Carbs: 1.34g, Protein: 6.76g
Wheat bread (1 slice): Calories: 69, Total Fat: 0.94g, Total Carbs: 11.56g, Protein: 3.63g

3rd meal 11:00am:
Almonds and yogurt
Amonds: Calories: 164, Total Fat: 14.35g, Total Carbs: 5.65g, Protein: 6.22g
Greek Yogurt: Calories: 140, Total Fat: 0g, Total Carbs: 9g, Protein: 24g

4th meal 2:00pm:
Chicken breast w/ slice of wheat bread
Chicken breast: Calories: 144, Total Fat: 5.72g, Total Carbs: 0g, Protein: 21.9g
Wheat bread (1 slice): Calories: 69, Total Fat: 0.94g, Total Carbs: 11.56g, Protein: 3.63g

5th meal 4:00pm:
Protein Shake: Calories: 350, Total Fat: 9g, Total Carbs: 18g, Protein: 50g

6th meal 8:00pm: (pre-workout)
Chicken breast: Calories: 144, Total Fat: 5.72g, Total Carbs: 0g, Protein: 21.9g

7th meal 10:00pm: (post-workout)
Casein: Calories: 120, Total Fat: 1g, Total Carbs: 4g, Protein: 24g

This is what the BB.com's calculator told me I needed based on my weight
Weight: 188lbs
Calories- 3,008
Protein- 300g
Carbs- 263g
Fats- 83g

I got all the nutritional facts from DailyBurn and it says its daily totals are:
Cal. - 2597
Fat - 78.6g
Carb.- 140g
Prot.- 331.1g

Is it ok to have the protein that high or should I cut something back and work for some more carbs?

knox07
02-01-2010, 01:33 PM
whats up H town!

Lee1975
02-01-2010, 01:40 PM
I could be completely wrong, but just glancing at your list, it seems to only be a total of about 1800 calories. For anyone to be able to really comment on your meals, it would help a lot if you could add everything up. It's hard to assume something without knowing the numbers. Just get the total calories and total breakdown, and it should be easy from there.

xsuspencex
02-01-2010, 01:50 PM
whats up H town!
lol what it do?

I could be completely wrong, but just glancing at your list, it seems to only be a total of about 1800 calories. For anyone to be able to really comment on your meals, it would help a lot if you could add everything up. It's hard to assume something without knowing the numbers. Just get the total calories and total breakdown, and it should be easy from there.

Thanks for the response! I was actually thinking about that after I posted it up :( I will add the numbers and update it as soon as I get home. Thanks again.

casticonstantinescu
02-01-2010, 01:57 PM
My main focus is to get bigger but also try for a nice beach body since summer is closing in.

Which one is it? You can't do both.

You're on track for the latter option, since it doesn't look like you're eating much of anything. protein intake is high, that should help you out with that, but you definitely will not get big. enjoy the cut if you are comfortable with it and start your bulk again in august

xsuspencex
02-01-2010, 03:22 PM
Which one is it? You can't do both.

You're on track for the latter option, since it doesn't look like you're eating much of anything. protein intake is high, that should help you out with that, but you definitely will not get big. enjoy the cut if you are comfortable with it and start your bulk again in august

Hey thanks for the response. What i meant was that I dont mind beefing up my arms or legs but my core is in need of work and i want to try to steer away from adding unneeded fat to it as much as possible. I didnt really think about it until you commented, but the transformation that I got this from was going from fat to fit and im not fat so maybe thats where the diet is lacking the bulk edge. The guys final result was just awesome so I guess I thought his diet would be right for me. I appreciated the input.

belairdfence99
02-01-2010, 03:30 PM
So I have been working out 5 days a week (3 days lifting and 2 running) and for the last two months I have been a Vegetarian?long story lol. I?m able to eat meat again and really want to take my training to the next level and really put a lot of focus and effort into my nutrition but I never have before and need a little guidance. I found the article for Tareks transformation and was really inspired so I thought I would use his meal plan and workout as a layout to get started. Hopefully peoples input will help me fine tune this a little more for me. My main focus is to get bigger but also try for a nice beach body since summer is closing in. I used BB.com?s calculator based on my weight of 188lbs to come up with numbers below. Is this too many meals to start off with?

Right now the only supplements I take are Monster Milk and Monster Pump....any other suggestions here are greatly appreciated too :)

Thanks ahead for any and all input!

1st meal 5:30am:
1 cup of oatmeal and a protein shake

2nd meal 8:00am:
4 egg whites and 1 whole egg w/ 2 slices of wheat bread

3rd meal 11:00am:
Almonds and yogurt

4th meal 2:00pm:

5th meal 4:00pm:
protein shake

6th meal 8:00pm: (pre-workout)

7th meal 10:00pm: (post-workout)
Casein

Calories- 3,008
Protein- 300g
Carbs- 263g
Fats- 83g

Those meals seem really bland haha, but if you like it it's whatever. Try it for a week and see if you gain. If you're active, I think you'll need more around the 3200-3500 range. You could easily add some things to those protein shakes or remove them and add some more real meals. You do realize that you don't have to eat that many times a day. Whatever suits your lifestyle

xsuspencex
02-02-2010, 06:02 AM
Those meals seem really bland haha, but if you like it it's whatever. Try it for a week and see if you gain. If you're active, I think you'll need more around the 3200-3500 range. You could easily add some things to those protein shakes or remove them and add some more real meals. You do realize that you don't have to eat that many times a day. Whatever suits your lifestyle

Thanks for the response. lol yea the meals do seem a little bland but I love chicken and plan to try a lot of different cooking suggestions that I have seen on the forum to find a sound taste. You say add some things to the protein shakes, do you mean some things into the shake or something along side the shake? Any suggestions? Thanks again.

Tdogg2k8
02-02-2010, 06:12 AM
Calories- 3,008
Protein- 300g
Carbs- 263g
Fats- 83g

this is actually the exact same Macros im on ive notice the best muscle gains so far in my quest with minimal fat gain. (i was 7% now im at about 13%) after 2 1/2 months of dieting.

and I went from 170-182.5 now.

xsuspencex
02-02-2010, 07:39 AM
this is actually the exact same Macros im on ive notice the best muscle gains so far in my quest with minimal fat gain. (i was 7% now im at about 13%) after 2 1/2 months of dieting.

and I went from 170-182.5 now.

Congrats bro! Any tips you could share about your diet?