PDA

View Full Version : Alcohol Consumption

peter_midnight
01-30-2010, 02:54 PM
So I started drinking for the first time last year. I rarely drink, but when I do I always drink just enough to get buzzed, but never outright drunk or puking all over or anything like that. One of the great benefits that I have recieved from this is almost instantaneous sleep with usually a full 8 hours of rest and waking up fresh and recovered. On 2 separate occasions I have gone out drinking and woke up the next day very relaxed and even reached new strength gains.

So my question is do you guys think it's okay to drink sometimes during the week to put me to sleep? Usually I drink hard liquor and depending on what kind about 2 shots will get me buzzed. Sometimes 3 shots, but never more than that. Once I had 4 mixed drinks and while I wasn't quite drunk I have a feeling that I was borderline so I don't tempt fate like that anymore.

Seriously, this is the best sleep I ever had and if I do get tired during the day a 7 minute nap put me back into the mix. Who knew alcohol could have such great "side effects", lol?!!

paulifer
01-30-2010, 03:26 PM
So I started drinking for the first time last year. I rarely drink, but when I do I always drink just enough to get buzzed, but never outright drunk or puking all over or anything like that. One of the great benefits that I have recieved from this is almost instantaneous sleep with usually a full 8 hours of rest and waking up fresh and recovered. On 2 separate occasions I have gone out drinking and woke up the next day very relaxed and even reached new strength gains.

So my question is do you guys think it's okay to drink sometimes during the week to put me to sleep? Usually I drink hard liquor and depending on what kind about 2 shots will get me buzzed. Sometimes 3 shots, but never more than that. Once I had 4 mixed drinks and while I wasn't quite drunk I have a feeling that I was borderline so I don't tempt fate like that anymore.

Seriously, this is the best sleep I ever had and if I do get tired during the day a 7 minute nap put me back into the mix. Who knew alcohol could have such great "side effects", lol?!!

there is nothing wrong with having up to 2 drinks a day.

1 is suposed to have some healthy affects on your body. 2 isnt bad. 3 is where people start to consider it unhealthy and excessive.

atleast thats what i was told in my alcohol substance abuse program.

i still wouldnt drink every day though ive never heard anybody say its good for muscle growth and being drunk affects how you metabolize food and fat.

ha but a couple drinks every few days why not?

x-ray vision
01-30-2010, 03:51 PM
Plenty of threads started regularly asking this. See here:

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/search.php?searchid=353069731

Or you could just read this:

http://www.tmuscle.com/free_online_article/sex_news_sports_funny/a_muscleheads_guide_to_alcohol_1

peter_midnight
01-30-2010, 06:05 PM
Plenty of threads started regularly asking this. See here:

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/search.php?searchid=353069731

Or you could just read this:

http://www.tmuscle.com/free_online_article/sex_news_sports_funny/a_muscleheads_guide_to_alcohol_1

Never found a thread that addressed the sleep issue and that is what I am asking about.

x-ray vision
01-30-2010, 07:16 PM
Never found a thread that addressed the sleep issue and that is what I am asking about.
Your question:

So my question is do you guys think it's okay to drink sometimes during the week to put me to sleep?
What specifically about that question hasn't been answered in other threads? There's plenty about how much is too much that's been addressed several times. The answer isn't dependent on what your reason for drinking is.

MaximusJuris
01-30-2010, 07:29 PM
I think it's fine to drink in moderation, I say that not trying to be the biggest, baddest, best bodybuilder in the world, but I personally do fine with the occassional drink.

In my opinion though, your specific question... drinking "to put you to sleep", I'm not sure I'd say drinking is the best way to address sleep problems...