PDA

View Full Version : Weight issues....help

notherz
01-27-2010, 06:35 AM
here is the issue..
I am 6'7" and weigh 270. Athletic frame and work out six days a week. I keep my calorie intake around 2300 daily. Drink propel and one or two diet Mt. Dew everyday.
3 days cardio (20 minutes, high intensity intervals)
3 days weight train.

I am wanting to drop excess body fat, and eat 'pretty' healthy. Other than a few handful of chips here and their, that is it. Why is my weight not fluctuating ?????

Diet tips, please...I need some rippage by July 1st.

Beech27
01-27-2010, 06:50 AM
Are you sure you're only taking in 2300 cals a day? For a guy your size, that's a pretty huge deficit. Calculate everything you eat, every last thing, and see where it comes out. If you're already doing that, then I'm at a bit of a loss.

jdominic6
01-27-2010, 08:05 AM
I would double check your calories for maintainance, and also calories you are consuming daily. If you are really working out that hard and still not losing with a caloric deficit I suspect you are still eating at or above maintainance. Also try drastically changing up your routine, that may help break a plateau if you think you've hit one. If you always lift first then jog, try jogging first, then lift, then jog again. Also when lifting, try to hit muscle groups out of order than what you normally do (most people have a routine but don't really change it up). You can research different exercises you have never done before as well and your body should respond.