PDA

View Full Version : No loss this week

utd4life7
01-25-2010, 04:26 AM
Hi i have been working out 5 times a week with weights as heavy as i can but keeping my form good. I am 5'11 12 stone ( 168 ) and i have been strick on my diet which daily works out like this

Cals - 1270
Protein - 142
Calbs - 103
Fat - 15 g

I drink 6/8 litres of water a day and take crearinw ith my protein shake after workouts. I currently do no cardio can anyone HELP ME i need to loose weight ( and get ripped ) before summer so any advice as i didnt loose a pound this week ?

Shr3dJunki3
01-25-2010, 04:27 AM
Hi i have been working out 5 times a week with weights as heavy as i can but keeping my form good. I am 5'11 12 stone ( 168 ) and i have been strick on my diet which daily works out like this

Cals - 1270
Protein - 142
Calbs - 103
Fat - 15 g

I drink 6/8 litres of water a day and take crearinw ith my protein shake after workouts. I currently do no cardio can anyone HELP ME i need to loose weight ( and get ripped ) before summer so any advice as i didnt loose a pound this week ?

The creatine makes you retain water so that could be it, as long as you see changes in the mirror you should be fine, and make sure you're calories are really on target, make sure you're not over estimating them.

Dominikm
01-25-2010, 04:31 AM
You cals are way to low, are you following this? If you are then you will drop fat each week. On top of that, 1 week of no scale change means nothing, your water weight can fluctuate a few lbs a day and may have weighted on a high day but you have actually lost weight. You need to get your cals in check first of all and then if you don't have any loss after 3-4 weeks lower cals a bit -

I originally posted this in the nutrition forum, but it probably belongs here. You only have to follow three simple rules:

- Workout 3 times a week with weights.
- Eat 1g protein / lb lean body mass.
- Reduce calories to lose 1-2 lbs / week.

Success is 100% guaranteed. There's really not much more to it. :)

A more elaborate guide is posted later in this thread:
http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?p=401681611#post401681611
Always check if newer versions of the guide have already been posted after that. :)

Also, no cardio is ok, I don't do cardio.

According to http://www.freedieting.com/tools/calorie_calculator.htm you need ~2100 cals a day for ~1lb/week fat loss.

So review what your doing and then see where you are in one month, I bet you will drop fat ;) Use the mirror for results + photo's

utd4life7
01-25-2010, 04:34 AM
Cheers guys

rtmiii
01-25-2010, 05:41 AM
What is your daily maintanence calories?

Decrease from there, and increase your cardio.

Also, track your calories online and be honest with the tracking. Not saying you havent been honest. Just saying to make sure you are keeping track of everythign and making sure you have the right serving sizes

AlexMR
01-25-2010, 06:01 AM
What is your BF%? 1270 calories sound like too few...If i were you I'd try to eat a little more and also exercise more. Make the deficit come from physical activity instead of starving yourself.

No weight changes in a week are common. I recommend you take weekly pictures because they dont lie. It is also a very good idea to measure your body fat percentage. It's very easy and it is some great to see how you are pinching less and less fat every week. I have read many times that a habit of those who keep the weight off (less than 20% of the people who lose it) is they keep checking the scale and other measures. Make it a habit.

utd4life7
01-25-2010, 06:47 AM
What is your BF%? 1270 calories sound like too few...If i were you I'd try to eat a little more and also exercise more. Make the deficit come from physical activity instead of starving yourself.

No weight changes in a week are common. I recommend you take weekly pictures because they dont lie. It is also a very good idea to measure your body fat percentage. It's very easy and it is some great to see how you are pinching less and less fat every week. I have read many times that a habit of those who keep the weight off (less than 20% of the people who lose it) is they keep checking the scale and other measures. Make it a habit.

I put my height and weight into a bmi calcualtor and it said 23% also how do i find out my maintinace? Or a better body fat calculator ?