PDA

View Full Version : Changing my diet?

Negative6
01-25-2007, 04:46 PM
Everyone says eating healthy is the first thing to get in order but they never say what eating healty is. I consider myself a healthy eater. Here is a normal days diet for me. I normally eat 4 meals a day. I am trying to gain weight.

Breakfast:
biscuits (with butter and apple butter jelly) or pancakes
turkey bacon
eggs

Lunch:
chicken and rice and a grilled cheese (home)
fast food or walmart deli (work)

supper:
same as above

Drinks:
Milk (2% around a gallon a day)
Water (two bottles a day)
sweet tea/coke (maybe one glass a day, but normally i stay with milk and water)

Other:
n large 2 shake before bed
bananas
doritoes (not very many)
potatoes
fish

I dont eat many veggies, fruits, or side items such as fries, chips etc. (truly I only eat 5 at the most)

I take the following vitamins:
Multi
E
C
aloe vera
Vigor
Omega 3 fish oils.

What should I add or drop to my diet. What to I need to focus on and what should I avoid. I really want to get it into great shape over the next couple of weeks

Thanks

shadowstrength
01-25-2007, 09:11 PM
What are your goals?(bulk/cut)
- I would definitly suggest you to break your meals up into at least 5-6 smaller meals a day. I would also stay away from fast food (big surprise, huh), and if you have no other options, stick w/ subways or salads, but try packing your lunch. When you make your grilled cheese try using whole grain wheat bread, using low fat of fat free cheese, and instead of a potatoe try sweet potatoes(tastes great) as white breads and potatoes spike insulin, causing fat gain, unless eaten as your first or right after workout meals. And a gallon of 2%milk seems kind of excessive.
-Hope this little bit helps. You should really try reading some articles on the site, thier great for help.

Negative6
01-26-2007, 06:07 AM
Thanks for the responce. I eat whole wheat bread, I will have to check on the cheese. I do plan on starting to bring my lunch more. i heard turkey burgers would be something good to carry. I am trying to Bullk. The reason i drink so much milk is because that is about the only drink i like. It wasnt something I started for my diet but the thing I have always drank alot of. I have never tried a sweet potatoe, so I will try that.

ZDub212
01-26-2007, 07:13 AM
Everyone says eating healthy is the first thing to get in order but they never say what eating healty is. I consider myself a healthy eater. Here is a normal days diet for me. I normally eat 4 meals a day. I am trying to gain weight.

Breakfast:
biscuits (with butter and apple butter jelly) or pancakes
turkey bacon
eggs

Lunch:
chicken and rice and a grilled cheese (home)
fast food or walmart deli (work)

supper:
same as above

Drinks:
Milk (2% around a gallon a day)
Water (two bottles a day)
sweet tea/coke (maybe one glass a day, but normally i stay with milk and water)

Other:
n large 2 shake before bed
bananas
doritoes (not very many)
potatoes
fish

I dont eat many veggies, fruits, or side items such as fries, chips etc. (truly I only eat 5 at the most)

I take the following vitamins:
Multi
E
C
aloe vera
Vigor
Omega 3 fish oils.

What should I add or drop to my diet. What to I need to focus on and what should I avoid. I really want to get it into great shape over the next couple of weeks

Thanks

Well, you DEFINITELY want to add more fruits/veggies into your diet. Also, don't have an NLarge shake before bed, as I'm pretty sure that they're high in carbs, which is not what you want before bed (Will lead to fat gain). I would add some oats and some other forms of complex carbs (Sweet potatoes, brown rice, whole grains), some more lean protein (chicken, lean red meat, turkey), and some more good fats (Peanut butter, avocados, olive oil). IMO it's best to have 4-6 adequate meals than 3 big ones +snacks. IMO you might want to drink 1% or skim milk instead of 2% and definitely drop the Coke (Switch it to diet at least) and drop the chips. Seriously, a little bit everyday will add up, and will lead to fat gain. Make sure you find out your BMR and add 500 calories to that to find out how many calories you should be eating in a day to gain muscle.