PDA

View Full Version : Bill Simmons declares Lebron vs Kobe argument dead

KingJames1027
01-20-2010, 08:23 AM
http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=simmons/100120&sportCat=nba
Great read, even if you disagree.
Bill Simmons' articles are always great; witty, funny, always entertaining.
Inb4 ****storm

JuicintheJuice
01-20-2010, 08:30 AM
username: KingJames1027

Mr.Hombre
01-20-2010, 08:38 AM
haha I used to intern for the Clippers and talk **** about the them with Simmons before the games. He's a cool dude. I brought up the Kobe vs. Lebron topic last leason, and he said Kobe still had the edge, would win 2 or 3 more championships, but that next season Lebron would start to emerge as the preeminent player. And that Lebron's crown at the top wouldn't last as long as Kobe's though...cuz he hasn't developed a true midrange game yet. I'd still take Kobe in the playoffs over Lebron, but dude is right so far about this season. Kobe's finger may finger may very well be a big part of the reason, but he still has more tenacity and ice in his veins than Lebron

Anyway, unlike a lot of people on this board, as a basketball fan, I love Kobe and Lebron. And while people are hating on one and sucking off the other, they're truly gonna missing out on getting to experience one of the greatest basketball players of all time either way. My philosophy is that if you truly love the game, don't miss out on them.

LikeAMachine
01-20-2010, 08:38 AM
I freaking love the old Uni's

I want that Jersey!

KingJames1027
01-20-2010, 08:49 AM
haha I used to intern for the Clippers and talk **** about the them with Simmons before the games. He's a cool dude. I brought up the Kobe vs. Lebron topic last leason, and he said Kobe still had the edge, would win 2 or 3 more championships, but that next season Lebron would start to emerge as the preeminent player. And that Lebron's crown as the preeminent spot wouldn't last as long as Kobe's though if he doesn't develop a more polished midrange game. I'd still take Kobe in the playoffs over Lebron, but dude is right so far about this season.

Anyway, unlike a lot of people on this board, as a basketball fan, I love Kobe and Lebron. And while people are hating on one and sucking off the other, they're truly gonna missing out on getting to experience one of the greatest basketball players of all time either way. My philosophy is that if you truly love the game, don't miss out on them.

Could not have said it any better. Take my measly reps. As an Ohio native obviously I'm a huge Cavs fan and love Lebron, but I also have a tremendous amount of respect for Kobe. I hate the people who think one player is the best and the other "sucks". You're a huge fukcing idiot if you think either player sucks.

CCAurora
01-20-2010, 08:55 AM
Didn't read after "You don't miss the game when the most charismatic athlete of his generation visits your city."

Why would they write about Ocho-Cinco under a picture of LeBron?

KingJames1027
01-20-2010, 09:08 AM
Didn't read after "You don't miss the game when the most charismatic athlete of his generation visits your city."

Why would they write about Ocho-Cinco under a picture of LeBron?

charisma =/= talking trash about a CB saying that he can't cover you in a paper bag in a phonebooth on a corner of a street in manhattan, then getting shut out in Wk 17, and held to 2 catches for 28 yards in a playoff game for 2 losses.

trainTilfailure
01-20-2010, 09:25 AM
i think this article was well-written.
and i loved this paragraph

The silver lining: He's only 25 years old. Bird, Magic, Hakeem, Jordan, Shaq, Kobe ... all of them peaked as players in their late 20s. Why? Because you need to lose a few times, need to lick your wounds and taste your own blood, need to sit in silence in the locker room of another lost season wondering what went wrong, and then you need to say, "Never again, not ever, I am NOT letting this happen again." Given how easy basketball comes to him right now, given how many people probably kiss his rear end on a day-to-day basis, given how much he enjoys playing and being part of a team, I just don't think LeBron James has hit that point yet. If it never happens, too bad. If it happens, look out.

gswarrior510
01-20-2010, 09:50 AM
Lulz. Right. Because Bill ****ing Simmons is as unbiased as they come :rolleyes: ..he's the same dude that said kobe is not very good in 2007.

and wow..sucking much dick?

"I shaved and dressed up a little. For me, anyway.

I showed up early. Seven o'clock. Gotta watch the warm-ups. Gotta see everything."

what a clown

trainTilfailure
01-20-2010, 09:57 AM
lulz. Right. Because bill ****ing simmons is as unbiased as they come :rolleyes: ..he's the same dude that said kobe is not very good in 2007.

And wow..sucking much dick?

"i shaved and dressed up a little. For me, anyway.

I showed up early. Seven o'clock. Gotta watch the warm-ups. Gotta see everything."

what a clown

lmao