PDA

View Full Version : need help losing fat

caledoniagolf
01-19-2010, 11:38 AM
hey all! i am 6'1 and weigh 231 i wanna get to 185-190! i have problems with eating too many carbs and i am the kind of person that needs a layed out plan were i can stick to it and i was wanting to see if nanyone had any suggestions on a eating plan?

i currently eat 3 eggs and apple or blueberries for breakfast and lunch i eat a tuna sw on whole wheat bread and some kind of veggie and wheat thins dinner is usually some kind of meat and some veggie! snacks are usually a whey protein shake and a apple in between breakfast and lunch and dinner. just started this plan last week that i made.

i currently go to the gym 3-4 times a week mon-wed-fri and anytime i feel like going! i start off by running on treadmill at 5 mph to get warmed up then i go to 7.5-8 and run for 1 minute then i go down to 5 and do it for 2 minutes i repeat this till i reach 30 minutes then i weight train full body each of those days i do different exercises for each body part each day i workout i have a rest day in between each workout so the full body workout is not killing me at all i have been doing 2 sets of 15 reps!!

can anyone help me on any suggestions for my eating plan and workout plan?

ps. i am starting a complete body cleansing program 7 day from GNC tommorrow!!

caledoniagolf
01-20-2010, 05:30 PM
anyone please???

murderess
01-20-2010, 06:39 PM
i personally dont know what to tell you other than dont do the gnc body cleanse.. december 23rd i was 175lbs and now im 190lbs after i took gnc body cleanse... idk wtf happened and now im not eating much at all and breaking myself at the gym everyday and cant lose a pound... thats why im on here looking for help myself... good luck though

caledoniagolf
01-20-2010, 08:16 PM
did u follow the eating plan with it?

Shr3dJunki3
01-20-2010, 08:22 PM
1) Read the how to lose fat for noobs sticky.
2) Follow the how to lose fat for noobs sticky.
3) Lose the fat.

mbieker1
01-20-2010, 08:27 PM
hey all! i am 6'1 and weigh 231 i wanna get to 185-190! i have problems with eating too many carbs and i am the kind of person that needs a layed out plan were i can stick to it and i was wanting to see if nanyone had any suggestions on a eating plan?

i currently eat 3 eggs and apple or blueberries for breakfast and lunch i eat a tuna sw on whole wheat bread and some kind of veggie and wheat thins dinner is usually some kind of meat and some veggie! snacks are usually a whey protein shake and a apple in between breakfast and lunch and dinner. just started this plan last week that i made.

i currently go to the gym 3-4 times a week mon-wed-fri and anytime i feel like going! i start off by running on treadmill at 5 mph to get warmed up then i go to 7.5-8 and run for 1 minute then i go down to 5 and do it for 2 minutes i repeat this till i reach 30 minutes then i weight train full body each of those days i do different exercises for each body part each day i workout i have a rest day in between each workout so the full body workout is not killing me at all i have been doing 2 sets of 15 reps!!

I started with stats nearly identical to yours, and am planning on cutting to ~175. The diet and workout regimen you outlined is fairly in line with mine, only I've eschewed the cardio since early December, and I'm now down to ~208 (started in November). I'd say just stick to it. I count calories, which I think helps keep you from straying too far from where you want to be. I've taken in between 1750 and 2000 calories pretty much every day, if that's of any help.

tryingtofocus
01-20-2010, 08:35 PM
Need to go into a calorie defict to garner any weight loss.....find your maintenance weight and take off 500 calories from that to get 1 pound of weight loss per week or 1000 for 2 pounds.

With your 3-4 days a week at the gym and being in a calorie deficit, the weight will come off....might not be as fast as you like, but would be the best way IMO.

Good luck!

cwscribner
01-20-2010, 08:52 PM

Lift Routine Mon-Wed-Fri:
Deadlifts: 2x10 warm up sets then 3x10 work sets
Squats: 1x12-15 warm up then 3x10 work sets
Bench: 3x8 warm up then 3x8 work sets
TBar: 1x10 warm up then 2x12 work sets
(45 second break between sets)
Do cardio AFTER your lifts
Do abs, forearms, bis/tris(if you want), calves, and cardio on Tuesday and Thursday

Nutrition:
Cut down on the carbs, keep the protein clean(chicken breast, tuna, etc.)

Side Note: Don't sweat the weight too much unless its all fat. I'm 6'2" and 320lbs but I'm built like a brick house. Dense body structure, thick bones, and plenty of muscle. So just for a comparison if you're built like me, don't sweat it ;-)

caledoniagolf
01-21-2010, 09:15 AM
thanks man i will def do that when i was 17 i kick boxed till i was 18 and my legs are muscular not to much fat on them at all! but my stomache and love handles is were the fat is! so i will def consider what u said i will def do that workout routine.

igglesphan
01-21-2010, 11:29 AM
3) Lose the fat.

^^ This... It's a long thread but well worth the read. If you don't have time, at least read the beginning. Everything you need to know is there.

HYDRAE
01-21-2010, 12:39 PM
3) Lose the fat.

^^^this. read it. use the search function. spend hours here reading and educate yourself, nobody is going to post everything you need to know in this thread.

luv2pump
01-21-2010, 12:59 PM
3) Lose the fat.

This.

caledoniagolf
01-21-2010, 01:20 PM
this is my first day on NEW DIET foods info from fitday.com
Calories Goal 1500-1700

Fat (31%) Carbs (42%)
Protein (27%) Alcohol (0%)

second day

Fat (25%) Carbs (33%)
Protein (42%) Alcohol (0%)

WHICH IS THE BETTER NUMBERS FOR FAT LOSS?? MORE PROTEIN LESS CARBS OR MORE CARBS LESS PROTEIN??
i think def need more protein and use it as fuel instead of using carbs i think 2nd day is best?

i was thinking of takin ripped fuel 5x in conjunction with healthy eating and workout THOUGHTS??