PDA

View Full Version : Fixing the Steelers!!

steelerrich
01-17-2010, 06:26 PM
The Steelers need secondary help badly, Tyrone Carter is a joke, Clark is overrated, and William Gay is just plain terrible! Timmons had a down year, and I think Farrior is past his prime. The defensive line is aging, What do you all think they need to do to get better? I think Farrior needs to be replaced. Clark and Gay also need to be replaced, anyone agree? also Ziggy Hood needs to see the field more.

Jets51
01-17-2010, 06:29 PM
gtfoh with all this noise.

no steelers talk will be clouding these boards right now.

Dennis71
01-17-2010, 06:31 PM
its playoffs time

nobody gives a **** about teams who didnt make the playoffs

steelerrich
01-17-2010, 06:31 PM
Oh come on, your team is in the championship game!! just want to talk some Steelers ball since our season is over, by the way stupidist thing Pittsburgh did was let Alan Faneca go you guys got a future hall of famer there!!!

Jets51
01-17-2010, 06:33 PM
yeah but steelers are not relevant. no one cares.

dead thread.

U.S.M.C. TANKER
01-17-2010, 06:33 PM
its playoffs time

lulz.

steelerrich
01-17-2010, 06:34 PM
yeah but you shouldn't be haters!!

Antonio519
01-17-2010, 06:34 PM
Oh come on, your team is in the championship game!! just want to talk some Steelers ball since our season is over, by the way stupidist thing Pittsburgh did was let Alan Faneca go you guys got a future hall of famer there!!!

Explain.

Dennis71
01-17-2010, 06:38 PM
yeah but you shouldn't be haters!!

hating is what everyone is doing to the Jets right now...

what are we doing with teams that arent in the playoffs
we are ignoring, disregarding, evading, overpassing, omitting, neglecting, disdaining, rejecting, scorning, and tuning out teams that arent in the playoffs.

steelerrich
01-17-2010, 06:41 PM
Im not hating the Jets there a solid team that has a chance to go all the way!!! personaly I think they can beat the Colts, the Jets have one hell of a defense, and they can run the ball, that formula will keep you in every game!!! plus dome teams are for sisssies!!!!!!!!

Ruger357
01-17-2010, 07:00 PM
Steelers would have won at least 2 of those games they lost if Polamalu wasn't hurt. And that is even more of a problem. One guy on the D shouldn't dictate if the game is won or lost. Which means I agree with your assessment of the D. I'd like to see a better O line, love to have Ben passing behind an O line like Peyton has, but that is a pipe dream. They are better, but still not there yet.

steelerrich
01-18-2010, 06:06 AM
I agree the o line is poorous, 50 sacks just won't cut it!!! but overall this is a powerful offense, the d needs work.

LikeAMachine
01-18-2010, 06:08 AM
GTFO with this bull, let the playoff teams have their due.

thegenerel
01-18-2010, 06:26 AM

dead thread.

steelers will always be more relevant than the jets.

ezmac31
01-18-2010, 07:34 AM
played little league football with william gay...he was awesome (no homo)

mchoodie
01-18-2010, 07:41 AM
I agree the o line is poorous, 50 sacks just won't cut it!!! but overall this is a powerful offense, the d needs work.

O-line needs work, but Ben needs to not hold the ball so long at times also. Gay is horrid, reminds me of the days of Dewayne Washington. Sometimes William Gay just completely forgets that the play has started, or that he is even in a football game. Clark is not as bad, but has gotten badly exposed without Troy there to help cover up.

LikeAMachine
01-18-2010, 07:43 AM
The Steelers need secondary help badly, Tyrone Carter is a joke, Clark is overrated, and William Gay is just plain terrible! Timmons had a down year, and I think Farrior is past his prime. The defensive line is aging, What do you all think they need to do to get better? I think Farrior needs to be replaced. Clark and Gay also need to be replaced, anyone agree? also Ziggy Hood needs to see the field more.

O-line needs work, but Ben needs to not hold the ball so long at times also. Gay is horrid, reminds me of the days of Dewayne Washington. Sometimes William Gay just completely forgets that the play has started, or that he is even in a football game. Clark is not as bad, but has gotten badly exposed without Troy there to help cover up.

WTF is this ****?

http://lurkmore.ru/images/9/95/ImageDoubleFacepalmRickerPicard.jpg

mchoodie
01-18-2010, 07:49 AM

WTF is this ****?

Just moved to Illinois last May, lived in Western PA most of my life... not a steelers fan though, just giving my opinion since I still saw a good portion of their games. It's not what I want them to fix, but where I saw their weakest points.

Browns fan, btw.

LikeAMachine
01-18-2010, 07:57 AM
Browns fan, btw.

Oryl?

Prove it and I will rep.

Knowledge or photo in Browns gear will do.

thegenerel
01-18-2010, 08:24 AM
Oryl?

Prove it and I will rep.

well thats not homosexual...

LikeAMachine
01-18-2010, 08:28 AM
no homo

thegenerel
01-18-2010, 08:31 AM
no homo

there ya go

DoubtErased
01-18-2010, 08:34 AM
hating is what everyone is doing to the Jets right now...

what are we doing with teams that arent in the playoffs
we are ignoring, disregarding, evading, overpassing, omitting, neglecting, disdaining, rejecting, scorning, and tuning out teams that arent in the playoffs.

enough said

Big7Ben86
01-18-2010, 08:53 AM
i cry everyday knowing the jets snagged revis right before we got timmons

steelerrich
01-18-2010, 05:17 PM
Yeah wouldn't that be nice Revis a Steeler. oh well they got a stud overthere for years to come.

kethnaab
01-18-2010, 09:11 PM
gtfoh with all this noise.

no steelers talk will be clouding these boards right now.

oh, negatron mah man. Steelers nation is a YEAR ROUND OBSESSION MY FRIEND!!!

grats to the Jets though. Calvin Pace, David Harris, kris Jenkins (d'oh!) and the best cover CB in the game....man respect!

its playoffs time

see above. Steelers fans aren't fair weather, despite what the haters wish they could claim

dead thread.

thread not dead. I'll make it a mission to keep it alive.

Explain.

Steelers Nation is worldwide my friend!

Steelers would have won at least 2 of those games they lost if Polamalu wasn't hurt. And that is even more of a problem. One guy on the D shouldn't dictate if the game is won or lost. Which means I agree with your assessment of the D. I'd like to see a better O line, love to have Ben passing behind an O line like Peyton has, but that is a pipe dream. They are better, but still not there yet.

more than 2.

Troy ended the season leading the Steelers in interceptions. he had more than all of our CBs combined, and he played all of 4 games.

GTFO with this bull, let the playoff teams have their due.

season-long, nation-wide obsession, BpG. You know this.

Oryl?

Prove it and I will rep.

I bet I know as much about the Brownies as you do, and I bet I've watched more Browns games than you have.

(in b4 "phuck you old man!") :D

i cry everyday knowing the jets snagged revis right before we got timmons

Yes. yes, I do that still.

ONE ****ING PICK EARLY.

raaaaaaaaage.jpg
fuuuuuuuuuuu.jpg

Yeah wouldn't that be nice Revis a Steeler. oh well they got a stud overthere for years to come.

yep. got to run, will post my Steelers "need to do" list when I get back

Russia25
01-18-2010, 09:15 PM
The system the steelers run on d doesnt neccessarily require "shutdown" corners but it has pained me the last 4 years watching the CBs the steelers have. Ike Taylor is their best cover guy and he is just an average corner.

They need to go with best quality position at OL or CB at their draft position.

mchoodie
01-19-2010, 04:48 AM
Oryl?

Prove it and I will rep.

I don't need the reps or anything, just an fyi. Ever since I was Bernie Kosar for halloween as a kid I was hooked on the brownies. Playing backyard football pretending I was Metcalf, Vardell, Turner, Pepper Johnson, etc.

I bet I know as much about the Brownies as you do, and I bet I've watched more Browns games than you have.

(in b4 "phuck you old man!") :D

Yeah over the years, I have seen more steelers games than browns game, largely due to the years the browns were not around. Anyhow, every year I watch my fair share on steelers games so it's fun to assess where the steelers stand as well.

mchoodie
01-19-2010, 04:53 AM
The system the steelers run on d doesnt neccessarily require "shutdown" corners but it has pained me the last 4 years watching the CBs the steelers have. Ike Taylor is their best cover guy and he is just an average corner.

They need to go with best quality position at OL or CB at their draft position.

In a blitz heavy 3-4, when it is working the corners don't have to be the classic playmaking shutdown guy. They require corners that can tackle, are physical, and play the man rather than the ball. When the D in running the way it should Ike Taylor has been an excellent corner for the steelers. Leave most any corner (with a few exceptions) one on one in tight man coverage for too long and he is going to let up some plays.

matt_vizzle
01-19-2010, 05:01 AM
Please wait a couple years Steelers to fix your team. As a Bengals fan I would like to see the playoffs 1 more time in my life and possibly our moronic coach could somehow out coach the other team.

LikeAMachine
01-19-2010, 06:04 AM
Phuck you old man!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:D

steelerrich
01-19-2010, 08:55 AM
No way we can't do that we have to get better now!! I wouldn't worry the Bengals are going to be tough.