PDA

View Full Version : Question for the 200+ lbs lean lifters

gabster21
01-16-2010, 11:33 PM
How long did it take you to reach 200 lbs ripped, and how did you achieve it? Was it quickly bulking up to 220 then cutting down, or slowly clean bulking all the way?
I'm asking because the only time I managed to hit 200 lbs was by dirty bulking and I didn't look good (about 18% bf).

My current weight is 185 lbs at about 12% bf, currently bulking. My long term goal would be to reach 200 lbs lean (around 10% bf).

I'd like to hear real life experiences from natural seasoned lifters, for example:

1) Starting weight and bodyfat
2) How long it took you to reach 200 lbs ripped from that starting weight
3) What program(s) you used
4) How did you eat (clean/dirty bulk, what kind of cut)
5) Any additional tips, advice that kept you motivated

I think many people would benefit from this thread as it's always good to learn from people's experience to go along with the theory.

dat
01-16-2010, 11:51 PM
I'm clearly not 200lbs and ripped, but from all I've read this couldn't be closer to the truth:

What's my genetic muscular potential? (http://www.bodyrecomposition.com/muscle-gain/whats-my-genetic-muscular-potential.html)

I believe the models are empirically based off stats from PT customers.

gabster21
01-17-2010, 12:06 AM
I'm clearly not 200lbs and ripped, but from all I've read this couldn't be closer to the truth:

What's my genetic muscular potential? (http://www.bodyrecomposition.com/muscle-gain/whats-my-genetic-muscular-potential.html)

I believe the models are empirically based off stats from PT customers.
Good read, a bit disheartening if true but maximum potential for my height seems to fit my goal exactly :)

gabster21
01-17-2010, 08:18 PM
Bump. I wasn't expecting every poster to fit the description, but there must be at least a few 200 pounders reading this forum.. or not?

jaybird09
01-17-2010, 08:25 PM
Bump. I wasn't expecting every poster to fit the description, but there must be at least a few 200 pounders reading this forum.. or not?

I am not lean right now sitting at 14% or so after a bulk but up around 250lbs. I started this push around 200 in 2007 and I have been adding mass ever since. Diet is the biggest key and rest. Workout is about 30%.

Simmo0508
01-17-2010, 08:55 PM
How long did it take you to reach 200 lbs ripped, and how did you achieve it? Was it quickly bulking up to 220 then cutting down, or slowly clean bulking all the way?
I'm asking because the only time I managed to hit 200 lbs was by dirty bulking and I didn't look good (about 18% bf).

My current weight is 185 lbs at about 12% bf, currently bulking. My long term goal would be to reach 200 lbs lean (around 10% bf).

I'd like to hear real life experiences from natural seasoned lifters, for example:

1) Starting weight and bodyfat
2) How long it took you to reach 200 lbs ripped from that starting weight
3) What program(s) you used
4) How did you eat (clean/dirty bulk, what kind of cut)
5) Any additional tips, advice that kept you motivated

I think many people would benefit from this thread as it's always good to learn from people's experience to go along with the theory.

I know i'm not 190-200lbs (i'm 230'ish at the moment at 9'ish% b.f), but here's my answers anyway..

1) 58kgs (so about i dunno, 130lbs?!), 6ft tall, body fat has never been an issue in my life, back at the start though i remember a recording of around 13% however.
2) 2.5 years
3) I don't do "programs". I used simple principles like training heavy for each muscle group once per week or so (now, it's more like once every 10 days). I go by how i feel, and my energy at the time, and the muscle's responsiveness at the time.
4) Lots of protein, lots of carbs, moderate amount of fat. No junk food. I haven't had any since i was 18 and got serious about bodybuilding.

I gained weight really quickly because the body wasn't used to such a lifestyle, but after 7 years or so the gains obviously have stopped progressing as fast. Nowadays me i'm more concerned with keeping what i've got, maintaining strength, and focusing more on my gym and running my business. I achieved what i wanted to achieve, so i'm just keeping it, whilst still setting goals.

kusok
01-17-2010, 09:06 PM
I'm currently 210-212 (6'2) on a mild 5-7 week cut down from 215-220 area. Ectomorph. I'm seeing most of my abs, but would like to see the lower abs without flexing before I go back to maintenance and another mild very slow multi-month bulk.

I was 140lbs in Junior High... Yes... 170 in high school.

I got up to 230lbs in a few years while a teenager once I hit the gym and started eating, but obviously like most other people lost my abs by doing so. I stopped exercising for awhile when I totally lost motivation. I went down to 190-195 and was ripped WITHOUT actually working out regularly (in my early 20s)

After around my 25th birthday my metabolism came to a halt. I looked in the mirror one day and realized that I'm getting fat. The abs were gone. I was no longer 190lbs, more like 210.

I went back to gym a few months ago, and realized that I gain and lose both muscle and fat at an incredible rate, (must be the body memory from my teens), so I want to do things slowly now! Slow bulk, slow cut.

At 34 years old I now know that if I eat about 4k per day I become huge in a matter of days, AND fat :(
And I noticed that at about 2500 calories per day I lose weight WAY too fast, and lose my muscles.
So by method of trial and error I now get great results by bulking at about 3500 cals and cutting at about 2800.