PDA

View Full Version : What im doing wrong?

SiZcO18
01-14-2010, 09:31 AM
Ive been counting my cals and eating clean sense the 1st of jan.. i was down 5 pounds... its been 2 weeks now got on the scale this morning and i'm 232 again which was my starting of the new year =/ ive been working out almost every day and intaking 2K cals..

th3pwn3r
01-14-2010, 09:34 AM
Ive been counting my cals and eating clean sense the 1st of jan.. i was down 5 pounds... its been 2 weeks now got on the scale this morning and i'm 232 again which was my starting of the new year =/ ive been working out almost every day and intaking 2K cals..

Odds are that you're eating too much or you're not as active as you need to be.

SiZcO18
01-14-2010, 09:43 AM

i eat about 5 small meals a day.. but never go over 2200 cals and prob burn 400 with workout.. i do P90X 6 days a week.

Schnitter
01-14-2010, 09:44 AM
Describe "counting"

counting to 3k calories? that wont help much lol.

Just lookup a diet that you can follow (I am trying out Dave Palumbo's Keto now) and stick with it to the book.

I bet you are starving yourself and then cheating so your body feeds off your cheat meals. There is no way you can put weight back if you dont cheat.

SiZcO18
01-14-2010, 09:49 AM

Describe "counting"

counting to 3k calories? that wont help much lol.

Just lookup a diet that you can follow (I am trying out Dave Palumbo's Keto now) and stick with it to the book.

I bet you are starving yourself and then cheating so your body feeds off your cheat meals. There is no way you can put weight back if you dont cheat.

been counting with fitday..

drink acouple protein drinks and eat mostly veggies and salads and a few home cooked meals during the week and ive had a few LEAN CUISINE's... i wouldn't be writing this thread though if i knew why i was at my starting weight and if i was cheating.. ive been eating clean and working out and eating no fast food

ejthomp
01-14-2010, 09:55 AM
Maybe you're just overdue for a big dump.

Seriously.... Go workout and check it again tomorrow. 5 pounds is nothing.

flinty90
01-14-2010, 10:11 AM
been counting with fitday..

drink acouple protein drinks and eat mostly veggies and salads and a few home cooked meals during the week and ive had a few LEAN CUISINE's... i wouldn't be writing this thread though if i knew why i was at my starting weight and if i was cheating.. ive been eating clean and working out and eating no fast food

Have you checked your muscle mass against your starting muscle mass..??

If you have worked out hard as you say you have you could have lost fat but gained muscle (which is heavier than fat)

Just keep going mate dont get disheartened, and dont keep living by the scales, if your eating well and working out you will tell the benefits after a couple of months without fail..

Dont get disheartened. and like i say check your fat % and muscle % you will probably find thats why your weighing different !!

xazzu
01-14-2010, 10:18 AM
It's already been said, but I'll repeat it.

If you're a beginner, you'll be losing fat and gaining muscle. Muscle weighs more than fat, so can account for the difference.

Body weight can fluctuate quite a bit from day to day/time to time. I can weigh myself in the morning and gain 5 pounds by the afternoon. Weigh yourself at the same time and same day once a week. That's a much better measure.

Use the mirror and how clothes fit to determine your fat loss as well. Those are much better indicators than a random number on an inaccurate home scale.

If, after a few weeks, you haven't lost any appreciable weight, re-evaluate your caloric restriction. And make sure you're being true to yourself about what you're eating.

SiZcO18
01-14-2010, 10:32 AM
Maybe you're just overdue for a big dump.

Seriously.... Go workout and check it again tomorrow. 5 pounds is nothing.

lmfao, maybe your right. lol.

If you have worked out hard as you say you have you could have lost fat but gained muscle (which is heavier than fat)

Just keep going mate dont get disheartened, and dont keep living by the scales, if your eating well and working out you will tell the benefits after a couple of months without fail..

Dont get disheartened. and like i say check your fat % and muscle % you will probably find thats why your weighing different !!

Well i did P90X the first 90 days but i didnt put as much into it like im doing this round.. first round i had a ****ty diet so i didnt get hardly any results.. but sense ive started this new round with a clean diet.. i can tell im slimming up but scale isn't telling me that.. but yeah i started with hardly any muscle at all. last year was the first time i really worked out in my whole life.

It's already been said, but I'll repeat it.

If you're a beginner, you'll be losing fat and gaining muscle. Muscle weighs more than fat, so can account for the difference.

Body weight can fluctuate quite a bit from day to day/time to time. I can weigh myself in the morning and gain 5 pounds by the afternoon. Weigh yourself at the same time and same day once a week. That's a much better measure.

Use the mirror and how clothes fit to determine your fat loss as well. Those are much better indicators than a random number on an inaccurate home scale.

If, after a few weeks, you haven't lost any appreciable weight, re-evaluate your caloric restriction. And make sure you're being true to yourself about what you're eating.

thanks for the advice, yeah thinking about it like i said before really had no muscle mass really to start with.. i just didn't think i would be gaining muscle already.. but just last friday i was 227.. which was water weight maybe it was just a bad weigh in this morning. but im gonna start working out and biking and not really worry about the scale then.

th3pwn3r
01-14-2010, 10:33 AM

Sorry but you're not going to gain muscle mass as fast as you lose fat mass weight wise. I guess if you lost only .5 pounds of fat per week and gained .5 pounds of muscle per week it would work. Odds of that aren't likely though.

minvec
01-14-2010, 10:49 AM
Either you are not counting accurately enough, ie you are eating more than 2200cal or you matabolism is shocking for guy your size/weight.

Also those pre-preped meals have lot of salt in them which can make you retain water. But more likely what I have said above.

sangreal
01-14-2010, 10:52 AM
are you counting your drinks too?

Jets51
01-14-2010, 11:00 AM
re-evaluate after another 2-3 weeks. 2 1/2 weeks isnt enough to guage whether your diet is working or not.

SiZcO18
01-14-2010, 11:11 AM
yeah counted my drinks too... but yeah its only been 2 weeks.. so yeah i guess i shouldn't be worried about it quite yet.

flinty90
01-14-2010, 11:56 AM
Sorry but you're not going to gain muscle mass as fast as you lose fat mass weight wise. I guess if you lost only .5 pounds of fat per week and gained .5 pounds of muscle per week it would work. Odds of that aren't likely though.

No mate your right i was basically trying to tell him to get a starting fat % and Muscle % as these are the measures that will matter more than a weight on a scale.

Sorry if i didnt explain it well enough ..

igglesphan
01-14-2010, 12:05 PM
If you were down 5 lbs, keep doing what you're doing. I have short term fluctuations of a few lbs all the time, then it just takes a few days to back to normal. Don't let a short term change frustrate you.

SiZcO18
01-14-2010, 12:37 PM
If you were down 5 lbs, keep doing what you're doing. I have short term fluctuations of a few lbs all the time, then it just takes a few days to back to normal. Don't let a short term change frustrate you.

thanks bro, makes me feel alittle better maybe its just that.