PDA

View Full Version : I think people still underestimate the Cowboys.

Dyncommon
01-12-2010, 11:43 PM
In every playoff thread I see people talking about how the Cowboys still haven't beaten anyone noteworthy and still talk about them choking. The problem with this is that I believe people underestimate the Eagles. There you go, I said it. A Cowboys fan complimented the Eagles.

The Eagles went in to their game with the Cowboys as a large percentage of sportscasters NFC Superbowl pick. In fact, several of them had them as the Superbowl favorites. Then they went and got absolutely destroyed by the Boys. Funny how now people act like the Eagles were horrible all year.

The Saints were unstoppable until they faced the Cowboys. Again, I see people talking about how that was a walkover win for the Boys, that the Saints really weren't that good. Then how come you didn't beat them?

I think we are better then a lot of you give us credit for. I bet a large percentage of you will be surprised on Sunday.

Oh and inb4 Farve is exposed as an old man.
http://i846.photobucket.com/albums/ab23/SirHypnotoad/Cowboys/2009/Week18%20PHI/GIF/18-req-romospank.gif

BeanieWells
01-12-2010, 11:45 PM
I think this might be the 3rd thread today telling us how the Cowboys are unstoppable.

quietstormx1
01-13-2010, 12:01 AM
Cowboys/Chargers superbowl

i originally had the g-men in the SB against the chargers (partial homer pick), once they were out i had the packers. theyre gone, now im down to my 3rd option which was the cowboys. if the cowboys go out, im at a loss for the NFC.

imo, and i know im going to get a bunch of WHAT WHAT WHAAAAAAAAAAAAATs for this BUT...

this sunday will determine the superbowl winner. if the jets beat the chargers, i think the jets will win the superbowl (assuming sanchez doesnt choke). if the chargers win, i stick with them as my pick to win it all. but i really dont think the jets will beat the chargers. the jets are forever cursed. when namath dies, and his deal with the devil is met, then the jets might have a shot.

inb4 "Location: New Jersey"

Snakethejake83
01-13-2010, 01:20 AM
In every playoff thread I see people talking about how the Cowboys still haven't beaten anyone noteworthy and still talk about them choking. The problem with this is that I believe people underestimate the Eagles. There you go, I said it. A Cowboys fan complimented the Eagles.

The Eagles went in to their game with the Cowboys as a large percentage of sportscasters NFC Superbowl pick. In fact, several of them had them as the Superbowl favorites. Then they went and got absolutely destroyed by the Boys. Funny how now people act like the Eagles were horrible all year.

The Saints were unstoppable until they faced the Cowboys. Again, I see people talking about how that was a walkover win for the Boys, that the Saints really weren't that good. Then how come you didn't beat them?

I think we are better then a lot of you give us credit for. I bet a large percentage of you will be surprised on Sunday.

Whatever floats your boat buddy.

Your trying to play the "underdog" role, and that isn't gonna fly. I must be in la-la land... because every time I turn on ESPN, I see almost every analyst with Jerry Jones Penis so far in their mouth, that I cannot even differentiate if they are talking about how "Formidable Dallas' defense is", or "how big of a weiner Tony Romo has."

Yes Mad.

Yes sick of ESPN talking about Cowboys.

P.S. This just is, Trent Dilfer is actually wiping Cowboy tadpoles off his chin.

Snakethejake83
01-13-2010, 01:22 AM
Cowboys/Chargers superbowl

i originally had the g-men in the SB against the chargers (partial homer pick), once they were out i had the packers. theyre gone, now im down to my 3rd option which was the cowboys. if the cowboys go out, im at a loss for the NFC.

imo, and i know im going to get a bunch of WHAT WHAT WHAAAAAAAAAAAAATs for this BUT...

this sunday will determine the superbowl winner. if the jets beat the chargers, i think the jets will win the superbowl (assuming sanchez doesnt choke). if the chargers win, i stick with them as my pick to win it all. but i really dont think the jets will beat the chargers. the jets are forever cursed. when namath dies, and his deal with the devil is met, then the jets might have a shot.

inb4 "Location: New Jersey"

With your past picks, please do me a favor. Do not pick the Vikings to win, and all will be well... Haha

aci150
01-13-2010, 01:57 AM
jets cards. old vs young.

Amoral
01-13-2010, 02:35 AM
Did the eagles OR cowboys play anyone good this year? Also most of the coverage ive seen is Dallas knighting.

BigDreams21
01-13-2010, 05:21 AM
Did the eagles OR cowboys play anyone good this year? Also most of the coverage ive seen is Dallas knighting.
Not sure if serious.

Ralph Wiggum
01-13-2010, 05:26 AM
I'm an Eagles fan and I just don't think the Eagles were that good this year. They were hurt in about 10 starting positions and had to come back to win 4 games.

aaronjbc123
01-13-2010, 06:12 AM
the eagles were about as one dimensional as a team can possibly be. I don't think anyone is underestimating the cowboys, I haven't seen one analyst or anyone for that matter pick the vikings to win....except me.

joelz54_99
01-13-2010, 06:47 AM
That's just how piece of sht people are that talk to much.

chargerfn909
01-13-2010, 06:54 AM
I think everyone realizes the 'Boys are playing good football, it's just a lack of trust in what they can do in the playoffs.. Probably the same way people talk about the Bolts. Good players but can't get it done in the playoffs. Time will tell

charity4thepoor
01-13-2010, 07:01 AM
considering everyone is now picking them to win the superbowl for dominating a 1-dimensional team, i believe the word you are looking for is overrated.

chargerfn909
01-13-2010, 07:11 AM
considering everyone is now picking them to win the superbowl for dominating a 1-dimensional team, i believe the word you are looking for is overrated.

The Eagles played some good ball down the stretch, the Cowboys just had their #. As soon as a team is eliminated everyone all of a sudden just throws them out the window and acts like they were never a force. Prior to the final week MOST analysis had the Eagles as the top NFC team. -- The Cowyboys knocked off the (at that time) undefeated Saints in their house and won out from there. The last loss they had was against the Bolts in a VERY close game.

They aren't overrated. You could make an argument that ANY team is overrated for that matter.

thegenerel
01-13-2010, 07:13 AM
maybe next time their opponents will estimate them...