PDA

View Full Version : What would my weight be at 10-12%?



strakttt
01-12-2010, 01:23 PM
Currently 5'6", 140, around 19% Body fat.


Pics are here: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=121336901


What weight would I be looking at once I'm 10-12%ish

AndrewSherman
01-12-2010, 01:41 PM
What weight would I be looking at once I'm 10-12%ish[/QUOTE]

Thats a large drop in bodyfat probably around 118- 124 lbs in my opinion. try cutting to about 14- 15% then do a clean bulk from there to put some extra lean mass on.

Maverick777
01-12-2010, 01:45 PM
:smacks forehead:

please think about what you're asking

IrishPilot
01-12-2010, 02:36 PM
Currently 5'6", 140, around 19% Body fat.


Pics are here: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=121336901


What weight would I be looking at once I'm 10-12%ish

140lbs at 19%bf means you have a lean weight of ~113lbs. To be at 10%bf with no other changes that would mean you would weigh 126lbs.

strakttt
01-12-2010, 02:40 PM
Is there roughly an estimate of how many lbs 1% of bf is equal to? Just curious.

Maverick777
01-12-2010, 02:41 PM
You're asking for an eating/psychological disorder diagnosis.

Try an keep you weight as its "ideal" for your height, but get into the ideal bf% as well, average is around 15.7%

QUOTE: "Is there roughly an estimate of how many lbs 1% of bf is equal to? Just curious. "

NO! Body Fat % is just a correlation measurement to the anthropmetric value known as body density. Again think about what you're asking when asking for #'s

strakttt
01-12-2010, 02:47 PM
140lbs at 19%bf means you have a lean weight of ~113lbs. To be at 10%bf with no other changes that would mean you would weigh 126lbs.

Can you show me how you calculated that?

Thanks.

chaser1712
01-12-2010, 02:53 PM
Can you show me how you calculated that?

Thanks.

Well 140 X.1= 1.4 so 1.4 is 1 percent of your body weight 1.4 X19= 26.6 lbs. of fat on you.

IrishPilot
01-12-2010, 02:57 PM
Can you show me how you calculated that?

Thanks.

You bet. If you are 140lbs at 19%bf, than you wanna know what the other 81% weights.

Take 140lbs x .81 = 113lbs fat free mass.

Now you wanna know what that weight would be with 10%bf. Work backwards.

113 / .90 (10%bf) = 126lbs.
113 / .88 (12%bf) = 128lbs.

One of the guys above was pointing you in the right direction, albeit with nonsense wording. Bodyfat is a percentage, so it works on a sliding scale. For example, a guy at 300lbs wanting to go from 19% to 10% is going to have to lose more weight than a guy at 150lbs wanting to go from 19% to 10%. Those bodyfat percentages work based on how much fat free mass you have.

300lbs at 19%bf has 243lbs lean mass and needs to be at 270lbs to be at 10% (needs to lose 30lbs)
150lbs at 19%bf has 121lbs lean mass and needs to be at 135lbs to be at 10% (needs to lose 15lbs)

etc.

chaser1712
01-12-2010, 02:59 PM
Well 140 X.1= 1.4 so 1.4 is 1 percent of your body weight 1.4 X19= 26.6 lbs. of fat on you.


You bet. If you are 140lbs at 19%bf, than you wanna know what the other 81% weights.

Take 140lbs x .81 = 113lbs fat free mass.

Now you wanna know what that weight would be with 10%bf. Work backwards.

113 / .90 (10%bf) = 126lbs.

Yep either of these work ;)

strakttt
01-12-2010, 03:03 PM
Alright, thanks a lot for the detailed responses!

IrishPilot
01-12-2010, 03:04 PM
Yep either of these work ;)

Indeed you are correct, though your method doesnt allow him to figure out what 10% would be quickly.