PDA

View Full Version : Training and weight gain

crafty100
01-12-2010, 05:40 AM
Hi,

I am trying to increase my weight (currently at 111) and am wandering wat the best way to do this is??

I currently play football/soccer twice a week for 30-40 minutes, would doing some weights at the gym twice a week also be beneficial?? Obvioulsy i want to see good weight gains and didnt just want to eat more and do nothing. Should i add in more cardio other than the football or just 2x 45 minute weight sessions a week?

Also, i am wandering as i am underweight will initial weight gain be for the essential parts of my body (organs, essential tissue, etc) or will it be visible??

Any help repped.......

x Idealist x
01-12-2010, 05:50 AM
The easy answer is eat more then you burn, that being said let me answer all your questions.

First of all, You should not add any more cardio in, if you are playing soccer you are probably getting more then enough. I would also say if you are only lifting a few times a week, make sure and get full body workouts in. I usually recommend a strength enhancing routine like rippetoes, which only takes around 40 minutes and I think is very good for beginners.

As for the question of where the weight is going to go is hard for me to say, due to genetic factors, trying to determine where it goes is next to impossible but if I had to take a guess...If you are eating more then you are burning i think in a short amount of time you could see some visible gains in a short amount of time.

xtml
01-12-2010, 06:48 AM
WONDERING.

W-O-N-D-E-R-I-N-G

How will doing weights cause you to get bigger intestines? lolllllllll

crafty100
01-12-2010, 12:52 PM
The easy answer is eat more then you burn, that being said let me answer all your questions.

First of all, You should not add any more cardio in, if you are playing soccer you are probably getting more then enough. I would also say if you are only lifting a few times a week, make sure and get full body workouts in. I usually recommend a strength enhancing routine like rippetoes, which only takes around 40 minutes and I think is very good for beginners.

As for the question of where the weight is going to go is hard for me to say, due to genetic factors, trying to determine where it goes is next to impossible but if I had to take a guess...If you are eating more then you are burning i think in a short amount of time you could see some visible gains in a short amount of time.

Thanks for the advice I will take it on board. Just one more question though, I am aiming for around 1 lb gain a week would that be a good way to try and keep fat gain to a minimum??

Thanks and any further input would be great........:)

crafty100
01-12-2010, 03:06 PM
bump......

dat
01-12-2010, 03:21 PM
1lb a week would likely be fine at your size for minimal fat gain. Keep in mind that is "minimal" and not "zero".

crafty100
01-12-2010, 03:44 PM
1lb a week would likely be fine at your size for minimal fat gain. Keep in mind that is "minimal" and not "zero".

Okay thanks will bear that in mind, :)

crafty100
01-13-2010, 04:37 AM
Anybody else have any input they could give me??.....:):)

Jeclavad
01-13-2010, 06:16 AM
First of all, You should not add any more cardio in, if you are playing soccer you are probably getting more then enough.

Why? If you eat properly meaning according to the energy you burn, it should be ok.

I would also say if you are only lifting a few times a week, make sure and get full body workouts in. I usually recommend a strength enhancing routine like rippetoes, which only takes around 40 minutes and I think is very good for beginners.

Agreed. Stick with compound lift (Deadlift, (Front) squat, bench, pull/chin up) in your full body sessions. Twice a week is a good starting point.