PDA

View Full Version : Bosh for Bynum deal in the works.

poppa_boner
01-12-2010, 01:26 AM
This will make the Lakers unstoppable. Wow.

EVERYONE is all over this rumor now.

Bill Simmons on Twitter:

FYI: Bosh & Banks (exp 2011) for Bynum, Vujacic (exp 2011) and Morrison's expiring works under the cap. I am terrified.

Ken Berger of CBS Sports (who broke the Ron Artest signing first with his own sources):

..and sources believe there could be legs to a scenario that would send Bosh to the Lakers for Andrew Bynum. Bynum?s base-year compensation status complicates matters slightly, but sources believe a workable deal could be consummated.

Chad Ford of ESPN:

As word spread over the weekend that, before the Feb. 18 trade deadline, there will be some serious interest in Chris Bosh from the Rockets and Lakers (among others), the reaction around the league was swift.

If the Raptors were to trade Bosh to a contender in February, a team with which he might want to stay, it could dramatically alter the 2010 NBA free agent landscape.

If Bosh were to leave for the Lakers or Rockets -- teams he would be expected to sign with, given the financial advantages involved in doing so -- it would change things for the Nets and Knicks.

Mafiafolife77
01-12-2010, 01:28 AM
haha if this happened KC would have an absolute SH!T FIT.

warbird00
01-12-2010, 01:30 AM
Holy ****, if the Lakers sign him game over, not even close

Shangius
01-12-2010, 01:30 AM
if this happens, it is undeniable proof Stern is the man behind the curtain on these deals. if Pau and Artest ending up on the lakers wasn't enough.

Mafiafolife77
01-12-2010, 01:33 AM
if this happens, it is undeniable proof Stern is the man behind the curtain on these deals. if Pau and Artest ending up on the lakers wasn't enough.

yeah cuz lakers are doing sooooo much better this season since the blockbuster artest trade :rolleyes:

gswarrior510
01-12-2010, 01:34 AM
wow..that's just unfair..I mean it's not a bad deal for raptors, but ****..

kyleTX
01-12-2010, 01:36 AM
they get Gasol for a bag of chips and a snuggie, and now possibly Bosh? fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

SteezeFactory
01-12-2010, 01:44 AM
If this happens there's not much of a reason to watch basketball. Good god.

_Translucency
01-12-2010, 01:44 AM
they get Gasol for a bag of chips and a snuggie, and now possibly Bosh? fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

Have you ever worn a snuggie?

Nodice123
01-12-2010, 01:48 AM
I wouldn't be completely upset about this trade. I would still prefer Bosh to re-sign.

stevematic
01-12-2010, 01:57 AM
I have faith in you, Mitch.

Nodice123
01-12-2010, 02:00 AM
Just thought about losing Halladay and Bosh...feels bad man.

-iLift-
01-12-2010, 02:03 AM
Lakers fan.

Feels good man. This all means nothing, though. Well have to see how he fits in with the rest of the team.

TexasHeat
01-12-2010, 02:07 AM
Bynum is better than Bosh lulz

*DH*
01-12-2010, 02:08 AM
Fisher/Bryant/Artest/Bosh/Gasol

Damn...

stoopid
01-12-2010, 02:20 AM
I'm curious as to who will play center, and how that will work out.

But really, Bynum for Bosh? If there's not tons of money involved on the Lakers part or at least other players, then we need no more proof that something is up with the Lakers getting deal after deal because they aren't winning.

stoopid
01-12-2010, 02:28 AM
Do you think the softi, Gasol, is going to be able to hang at Center? Or will Bosh be put there, even though he's shorter?

Hardcore_D00d
01-12-2010, 02:32 AM
with a bench of Odom, Shannon Brown, Farmar and Luke Walton. Cot damn

thats like almost a decent team itself. damn lakers, damn

Ephedra
01-12-2010, 02:36 AM
I hope they get rid of Vujacic and Morrison somehow with this deal.

Vujacic fouls non-stop and bricks every 3 he has shot for the past 2 seasons, while Morrison is just an awkward bballer.

Minhsanity
01-12-2010, 02:39 AM
I hope they get rid of Vujacic and Morrison somehow with this deal.

Vujacic fouls non-stop and bricks every 3 he has shot for the past 2 seasons, while Morrison is just an awkward bballer.

Ammo is there for lulz man...

how2quitdrinkin
01-12-2010, 06:42 AM
Do you think the softi, Gasol, is going to be able to hang at Center? Or will Bosh be put there, even though he's shorter?

Carolina doesnt even have a good team so why do the Lakers get your panties in such a bunch? Gasol held his own during the playoffs/finals last year at the C. Take off the hatervision, and watch the damn game you phag.

BTW dont do this trade. You still have the best team in the short term, and have a good opportunity to still be one when Bynum hits his prime in a few years. Keep him.

niospecv
01-12-2010, 06:48 AM
Isn't Bynum younger and stronger in the middle than Bosh? There is also 2 inches and a 50lb difference between the two. I dunno while they play different position I feel the lakers would get more out of bynum for longer. Either way i dont care as I'm a spurs fan.

feelsbadman.jpg

stoopid
01-12-2010, 07:38 AM
Carolina doesnt even have a good team so why do the Lakers get your panties in such a bunch? Gasol held his own during the playoffs/finals last year at the C. Take off the hatervision, and watch the damn game you phag.

BTW dont do this trade. You still have the best team in the short term, and have a good opportunity to still be one when Bynum hits his prime in a few years. Keep him.

Oh yes. An expansion team that is now 4-5 years old not being great is why I don't like a Lakers team that is Stern's baby and gets unfair treatment.

You called it.

Note: Did you know that Charlotte was the team that originally drafted Kobe? And we traded him away for Divac? Yeah, that's why the Hornets moved and we started a new team. Because of management like that.

Bulldog0520
01-12-2010, 07:39 AM
Might as well cancel the rest of the season and give the lakers another ring if this happens

stoopid
01-12-2010, 08:07 AM
Might as well cancel the rest of the season and give the lakers another ring if this happens

I don't know. This might not work out well for the Lakers. I think they are better off with Bynum. I can't really see Bosh as a second option, and I don't see Gasol enjoying 3rd.

On top of that, the Lakers are already clearly good enough on offense. So giving up one of the best centers in the league and their only big guy to help in the paint may cause some serious defensive problems. Gasol is good at power forward, but I don't know how well he can play as center for the rest of the season, hopefully he doesn't get injured once he returns, and then playoffs against the big men like Duncan, Perkins/Garnett, Howard, or Shaq.

Could cause problems, and he could also leave after the year is over if he got a ring wanting to be the leader of a team knowing he already has a ring while Bynum still has tons of room for improvement, has a longer contract, and the age of a typical rookie.

It would be an interesting trade, can't wait to see how it turns out.

VernonWellsFargo
01-12-2010, 08:15 AM

http://images.icanhascheezburger.com/completestore/2008/6/12/ohaiwerebr128577633328423636.jpg

14 PPG 9.6 RPG 1.5 BPG 60 percent FG

and you ignore the fact the grizzlies have made a complete turn around since trading gasol........

TaeBoNinja
01-12-2010, 08:28 AM
This would be great for LA.

-Bynum is ineffective playing next to Gasol. He only plays well when gasol is out.
-Bynum is a couple years younger, BUT Bosh is healthier and not injury prone like Bynum.
-LA did fine the past 2 years without Bynum for half the season and the playoffs.
-Gasol/Bosh frontcourt = OMFG!
-Toronto gets a nice young center for Bosh who was going to bolt at the end of the year.

stoopid
01-12-2010, 08:37 AM
inb4bynumfakesaninjurysotorontodoesntwanthim

chargerfn909
01-12-2010, 09:07 AM
inb4bynumfakesaninjurysotorontodoesntwanthim

icwhatyoudidrightthere.haha

lee4
01-12-2010, 09:14 AM
if this happens i'm going to be pissed. crap trades of this magnitude are inexcusable. either someone is pulling strings or the man behind the raptors trades should be shot... next to the guy from memphis, and houston (don't lie, lakers and rockets really just traded ariza :) )

Greg1983
01-12-2010, 09:30 AM
If Bynum didn't get injured every goddamn year I'd say go for it. But with his current status, no way is this better than the Biedrins+Randolph deal proposed last year.

joelz54_99
01-12-2010, 09:31 AM
wtf man

VernonWellsFargo
01-12-2010, 09:33 AM
If Bynum didn't get injured every goddamn year I'd say go for it. But with his current status, no way is this better than the Biedrins+Randolph deal proposed last year.

how is it not better? biendrins is a rebound and dunk guy, bynum, is a legit post scorer, and bargani can turn into that dirk type PF working outside in

stoopid
01-12-2010, 09:35 AM
how is it not better? biendrins is a rebound and dunk guy, bynum, is a legit post scorer, and bargani can turn into that dirk type PF working outside in

lol at you trying to make it sound like a legit trade.

VernonWellsFargo
01-12-2010, 09:36 AM
if this happens i'm going to be pissed. crap trades of this magnitude are inexcusable. either someone is pulling strings or the man behind the raptors trades should be shot... next to the guy from memphis, and houston (don't lie, lakers and rockets really just traded ariza :) )

yeas cuz memphis really got jobbed and didnt get a franchise Center from the lakers, and Houston really wanted to resign ron

VernonWellsFargo
01-12-2010, 09:38 AM
lol at you trying to make it sound like a legit trade.

wow, you again? srry i didnt know trading a guy whos probably gonna leave for nothing at the end of year for a young guy who puts up near the same stats wasnt legit, go show me a "legit" trade for bosh that can be done

lee4
01-12-2010, 09:45 AM
yeas cuz memphis really got jobbed and didnt get a franchise Center from the lakers, and Houston really wanted to resign ron

are you seriously considering kwame "stone hands" brown a franchise center? because marc has yet to prove that, and i can't name too many "franchise" players that were drafted second round.

Otaman
01-12-2010, 09:50 AM
Bosh for Mbenga

KingCanuck
01-12-2010, 10:05 AM
I dont mind this trade that much.. I love Bosh and his my favorite player but I would hate to lose him for nothing. I don't think he would like playing in LA though as he would get very little touches compared to the Raptors.

Bynum and Bargnani as a duo would be very scary... Bargnani puts up good numbers without getting a lot of touches, he could be a 20+ guy if Bosh were to leave.

How about including Hedo and Artest in the deal.. (Lakers take on a bad contract)

To Raptors
Artest
Bynum
+ scrub(s) to make money work

To Lakers
Hedo
Bosh

stoopid
01-12-2010, 10:06 AM
wow, you again? srry i didnt know trading a guy whos probably gonna leave for nothing at the end of year for a young guy who puts up near the same stats wasnt legit, go show me a "legit" trade for bosh that can be done

Bynum puts up nearly the same stats as Bosh?

No wonder you're always red.

VernonWellsFargo
01-12-2010, 10:09 AM
are you seriously considering kwame "stone hands" brown a franchise center? because marc has yet to prove that, and i can't name too many "franchise" players that were drafted second round.

lol look at gasols stats, look at how much better the team is now, gasol is a top center in the league but for your arguments sake marc is not **** and memphis totally got ripped off, who in the world would trade away a player who did not want to be there for a guy WHO WAS ALREADY IN TALKS FOR ROOKIE OF THE YEAR BEFORE COMING OVER, anyone who follows basketball and not ESPN knew Gasol was going to be a good player, which obviously you dont along with the other morons who cry WHAT A TERRIBLE TRADE who also didnt even know **** about Pau till he came to the lakers

stoopid
01-12-2010, 10:10 AM
I dont mind this trade that much.. I love Bosh and his my favorite player but I would hate to lose him for nothing. I don't think he would like playing in LA though as he would get very little touches compared to the Raptors.

Bynum and Bargnani as a duo would be very scary... Bargnani puts up good numbers without getting a lot of touches, he could be a 20+ guy if Bosh were to leave.

How about including Hedo and Artest in the deal.. (Lakers take on a bad contract)

To Raptors
Artest
Bynum
+ scrub(s) to make money work

To Lakers
Hedo
Bosh

It all comes down to pride. We all know Bynum is wayyy too cocky for his own good, so I'm sure he would LOVE to be the star of a team in the very near future. But will he like being on a team that's not going to have a championship team? Sure, he has a contract for I believe 3 more years...but he can always demand a trade.

And I have a hard time seeing Bosh accept being second or third option. Sure there is nothing he can do about it if the trade is done, but I'm sure the Lakers would hate to see Bosh leave and basically mean they lost Bynum for nothing.

That's what makes this so interesting. I hope more information comes out soon, and I'd love to hear the GM's and players opinion on the rumor.

KingCanuck
01-12-2010, 10:11 AM
It all comes down to pride. We all know Bynum is wayyy too cocky for his own good, so I'm sure he would LOVE to be the star of a team in the very near future. But will he like being on a team that's not going to have a championship team? Sure, he has a contract for I believe 3 more years...but he can always demand a trade.

And I have a hard time seeing Bosh accept being second or third option. Sure there is nothing he can do about it if the trade is done, but I'm sure the Lakers would hate to see Bosh leave and basically mean they lost Bynum for nothing.

That's what makes this so interesting. I hope more information comes out soon, and I'd love to hear the GM's and players opinion on the rumor.

Yeah the thing is even if this trade happens, theres probably a good chance Bosh bolts the Lakers at the end of the year.

Infusion943
01-12-2010, 10:15 AM
Bosh for Mbenga

i lol'd

VernonWellsFargo
01-12-2010, 10:17 AM
Bynum puts up nearly the same stats as Bosh?

No wonder you're always red.

so you take a look at bynums current stats and say wow wat is this? when bynum is in the lineup as a featured player hes a lock for 20 - 10, so your trading a 23-11 player whos not gonna defend anyone to a "potential" 20-10 guy who can guard Centers and give u "potential" 2 blocks a game. inb4 retarded argument on how andrew bynum sucks

Alphalfa
01-12-2010, 10:17 AM
Bynum would do better imo....he doesn't fit in currently

stoopid
01-12-2010, 10:18 AM
lol look at gasols stats, look at how much better the team is now, gasol is a top center in the league but for your arguments sake marc is not **** and memphis totally got ripped off, who in the world would trade away a player who did not want to be there for a guy WHO WAS ALREADY IN TALKS FOR ROOKIE OF THE YEAR BEFORE COMING OVER, anyone who follows basketball and not ESPN knew Gasol was going to be a good player, which obviously you dont along with the other morons who cry WHAT A TERRIBLE TRADE who also didnt even know **** about Pau till he came to the lakers

Why would they think it was a terrible biased trade if they didn't know Pau? If they didn't know Pau, it would have just been draft picks and nobodies for nobodies.

Oh, and where did you hear about Marc, and knew that he was going to be a good player? Because apparently you knew more than the pros and scouts, because he was nearly the last pick in the second round. Oh yeah, his standards were set high!

stoopid
01-12-2010, 10:19 AM
so you take a look at bynums current stats and say wow wat is this? when bynum is in the lineup as a featured player hes a lock for 20 - 10, so your trading a 23-11 player whos not gonna defend anyone to a "potential" 20-10 guy who can guard Centers and give u "potential" 2 blocks a game. inb4 retarded argument on how andrew bynum sucks

Oh, wait.

You said they have nearly the same stats.

Now you say 'potentially' the same stats.

You're retarded. You can't even make a complete thought. You speak out of your ass and then change your story.

camaleom
01-12-2010, 10:21 AM
Bosh for Mbenga

toronto has to send money to the lakers too, just to make it fear.

LOL

Otaman
01-12-2010, 10:24 AM
toronto has to send money to the lakers too, just to make it fear.

LOL

true, this bad boy could shift the division of powers:
http://i48.tinypic.com/1z52mxi.jpg

k_rock
01-12-2010, 10:25 AM
how about we trade bosh for eric williams, aaron williams and alonzo mourning who will go on to diss canada and not report.

Bynum being a prototypical centre might be a good thing for Bargnani.

However this trade aint ish if we don't unload Calderon or Turk or Marcus Banks' stank contract.

stoopid
01-12-2010, 10:27 AM
how about we trade bosh for eric williams, aaron williams and alonzo mourning who will go on to diss canada and not report.

Bynum being a prototypical centre might be a good thing for Bargnani.

However this trade aint ish if we don't unload Calderon or Turk or Marcus Banks' stank contract.

Trade Turk for Carter.

SpiderSense
01-12-2010, 10:34 AM
TBH if I were the GM I'd keep Bynum, tons of potential and a true Center.

4thgen
01-12-2010, 10:34 AM
I don't see why the Lakers fans are liking this. Gasol is a softy, and you're not going to want him playing as a Center. Bosh isn't going to like being 2nd or 3rd option too much, and will more than likely jet, ring or not. No ring, he'll leave for a team where he can be the store. A ring, he'll still probably leave for a team where he can be the star knowing that he already has his ring to brag about.

So then, they gave up Bynum for half a season and playoffs of Bosh.

Is he really worth that price?

SpiderSense
01-12-2010, 10:35 AM

Agreed, and Bynum is still pretty young.

Stupid deal IMO Bynum > Bosh

If not now, definitely by next year.

VernonWellsFargo
01-12-2010, 10:46 AM
Oh, wait.

You said they have nearly the same stats.

Now you say 'potentially' the same stats.

You're retarded. You can't even make a complete thought. You speak out of your ass and then change your story.

i used potentially because obviously when you go to NBA.com and tell me the stats are not nearly the same you are right, but nba.com doesnt tell you that when andrew bynum is a featured player in the lineup and not playing next to gasol he is a 20 and 10 guy, and to marc gasol he was drafted in 07 with the lakers obviously not intending for him to come over for a few a years, if he wasnt drafted in 07 he was going to be a for sure lotto pick in the 08 draft, he was the fuking MVP of the spanish league..... Are you telling me the Lakers did not know what they were doing and that the Grizzlies had no scouting reports on marc???

Dmoney30
01-12-2010, 10:49 AM
looks like mitch is trying to make as many runs to a title in the next couple of years while kobe is still in his prime. Otherwise I'd say keep bynum, he is becomin a force in the middle plus dude is gettin his swole on. Finally growing into his own but injury prone is what holds him back.

Lloyd Braun
01-12-2010, 10:50 AM
Gasol isn't a prototypical center however how many prototypical centers are even in the league? Bynum. Howard. Yao. That's pretty much it. Gasol might be labeled a "softie" but he toughed up a bit in the last year and he can hang with the rest of the centers in the league IMHO.

I'm not sure I would do this trade though if I were Toronto. They have been playing decently lately anyways. Maybe if they knew Bosh would bolt.

4thgen
01-12-2010, 10:57 AM
i used potentially because obviously when you go to NBA.com and tell me the stats are not nearly the same you are right, but nba.com doesnt tell you that when andrew bynum is a featured player in the lineup and not playing next to gasol he is a 20 and 10 guy, and to marc gasol he was drafted in 07 with the lakers obviously not intending for him to come over for a few a years, if he wasnt drafted in 07 he was going to be a for sure lotto pick in the 08 draft, he was the fuking MVP of the spanish league..... Are you telling me the Lakers did not know what they were doing and that the Grizzlies had no scouting reports on marc???

If other teams thought that this guy was going to be a great center in the league, even if he wasn't going to come in a few years, he would have still went first round. PLENTY of teams were out looking for long term improvements, and would have gladly used their first round pick for someone that was going to be an allstar in a few years over someone that was known to be a bench player their entire career.

Stop with the excuses. No one knew. If Grizzlies knew, they would have gotten him in the draft themselves, and still been able to keep Gasol. THINK LOGICALLY!

"Oh, this Marc guy is going to be good! Let's pick this dude here that's going to be a career 5 1 1 guy until he retires after 5 seasons because who wants to draft someone that's going to wait a few years before he comes here an allstar?!?!"

TrainOfThought
01-12-2010, 10:59 AM
Don't like this..

but if Bosh is going to leave anyways at the end of the year, might as well get something out of him. I think Bynum and Bargs would be a decent fit too, get a true center and Bargs can do his thing

Ephedra
01-12-2010, 11:04 AM
Bosh for Bynum, hmmmmm.

Bynum is just now starting to blossom into a good center, but Bosh is definately on another level. My question is who would the bench center be when Gasol is out? Either Powell, Mbenga, or I guess Bosh. Powell and Mbenga are both just "ok" players and not 'real' center material, so we would definately have to work on keeping the 2nd string center up to par.

Can't wait to see what happens.

VernonWellsFargo
01-12-2010, 11:08 AM
If other teams thought that this guy was going to be a great center in the league, even if he wasn't going to come in a few years, he would have still went first round. PLENTY of teams were out looking for long term improvements, and would have gladly used their first round pick for someone that was going to be an allstar in a few years over someone that was known to be a bench player their entire career.

Stop with the excuses. No one knew. If Grizzlies knew, they would have gotten him in the draft themselves, and still been able to keep Gasol. THINK LOGICALLY!

"Oh, this Marc guy is going to be good! Let's pick this dude here that's going to be a career 5 1 1 guy until he retires after 5 seasons because who wants to draft someone that's going to wait a few years before he comes here an allstar?!?!"

uhhhh, drafted in 07, spanish league MVP in 08, from when he was drafted to when he arrived in the NBa you dont think any teams had any reports on him? do you think the lakers just drafted him without knowing anyhting about him? after his MVP season if he wasnt drafted in 07 he would have been a lotto pick...... you must be retarded if you think the grizzlies were not aware of his skills and upside at the time of the gasol trade, all it took was a year for him to go from little known overweight C to spanish league MVP and a Euro player with the body of a NBA C

b3rtstare
01-12-2010, 11:22 AM
Doesn't matter what the Lakers do. The Mavricks are the best team in the NBA and we are gonna SMASH the lakers if we meet them in the playoffs.

Ephedra
01-12-2010, 11:24 AM
Doesn't matter what the Lakers do. The Mavricks are the best team in the NBA and we are gonna SMASH the lakers if we meet them in the playoffs.

Notsureifserious.jpg

BrawnySwoleman
01-12-2010, 11:41 AM
lol at people acting like this is an amazing trade for the Lakers. Better for this year, MAYBE, but not for the future. Bosh has just about approached his potential (as an all-star), while Bynum is going to be a dominant center during the 10's.

Coconut187
01-12-2010, 11:58 AM

Artest was a free agent fyi

bOOgie CurlZ
01-12-2010, 12:04 PM
Canuck put the gun down! Lulz

KingCanuck
01-12-2010, 12:07 PM
Sources from both the Los Angeles Lakers and the Toronto Raptors insist there have been no talks between the two clubs regarding an Andrew Bynum-for-Chris Bosh swap.

Sources continue to insist that Toronto will not trade Bosh unless he tells the club that he will not re-sign this summer.

/thread

bOOgie CurlZ
01-12-2010, 12:08 PM
Sources from both the Los Angeles Lakers and the Toronto Raptors insist there have been no talks between the two clubs regarding an Andrew Bynum-for-Chris Bosh swap.

Sources continue to insist that Toronto will not trade Bosh unless he tells the club that he will not re-sign this summer.

/thread

source???????

GPx
01-12-2010, 12:10 PM
I'd rather keep Bynum.

VernonWellsFargo
01-12-2010, 12:12 PM

/thread

so what, everything is always denied

F.A.M.E.
01-12-2010, 12:17 PM
This shiit is crazy. Was hopin' the Pistons would get em in the off-season.

Ephedra
01-12-2010, 12:19 PM

/thread

In b4 he tells the club he will not re-sign this summer.

GetBigyo
01-12-2010, 12:19 PM
Stupid trade for the Lakers.

Bosh is an amazing player but you dont give up a 22 year old solid center who most likely isnt even near his prime yet.

With all the sh*tty centers and no more real Olawjwons (sp?), Shaq (prime), etc. (besides really only Dwight Howard now) you want to keep Bynum for years to come.You dont trade a dominant center like that when your team is already god-like.

MR.bearfromtheforest
01-12-2010, 12:20 PM
Stupid trade for the Lakers.

Bosh is an amazing player but you dont give up a 22 year old solid center who most likely isnt even near his prime yet.

With all the sh*tty centers and no more real Olawjwons (sp?), Shaq (prime), etc. (besides really only Dwight Howard now) you want to keep Bynum for years to come.You dont trade a dominant center like that when your team is already god-like.

Kaman lol

KingCanuck
01-12-2010, 12:26 PM
source???????

http://basketball.realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/63988/20100112/sources_no_bosh_for_bynum_trade_talks/

johnny-oh
01-12-2010, 01:11 PM

/thread

this

_Translucency
01-13-2010, 02:45 PM
Don't like this..

but if Bosh is going to leave anyways at the end of the year, might as well get something out of him. I think Bynum and Bargs would be a decent fit too, get a true center and Bargs can do his thing

If I were a Toronto fan, which I am not, I would love to see this deal happen. Assuming Bynum can stay healthy and continue to develop, he could be a force in the league for years to come.

I hope this is a joke.

lol at people acting like this is an amazing trade for the Lakers. Better for this year, MAYBE, but not for the future. Bosh has just about approached his potential (as an all-star), while Bynum is going to be a dominant center during the 10's.

For the time being, this trade will obviously be tilted in the Lakers favor. They have the pieces together to make a couple runs at the NBA title. For the future, see above.

/thread

Interesting - the trade would make sense for both sides.

Pretty Boy Floyd
01-13-2010, 03:02 PM
yeah cuz lakers are doing sooooo much better this season since the blockbuster artest trade :rolleyes:

Artest wasnt traded

This would be great for LA.

-Bynum is ineffective playing next to Gasol. He only plays well when gasol is out.
-Bynum is a couple years younger, BUT Bosh is healthier and not injury prone like Bynum.
-LA did fine the past 2 years without Bynum for half the season and the playoffs.
-Gasol/Bosh frontcourt = OMFG!
-Toronto gets a nice young center for Bosh who was going to bolt at the end of the year.

what makes everyone think that Bosh will be effective?

he needs touches and PT

him, Gasol and Odom are all very similar players

wait wait, hold on, wasnt all of Canada on Calderons nuts a few years back, I remember LOLing at an entire thread for Calderon for an AllStar when he was averaging 12 and 7 or something like that and every Raptor fan claimed that he deserves to be an all-star

now you guys dont want him?

Trade Turk for Carter.

LULZ

camaleom
01-13-2010, 04:36 PM

/thread

in b4 he sign with another team next year, and raptors get NADA...

ethanjkaplan
01-13-2010, 04:42 PM
Bosh - Gasol - Artest - Kobe - I don't even know their point guard. Would they even need one?

eagleshot
01-13-2010, 04:44 PM
If that happens, I'm done watching B-Ball for good!