PDA

View Full Version : Did the Jets luck out?

Hishiad
01-09-2010, 09:28 AM
I mean they had to win out to make the playoffs with two games left.

Playing the Colts and Bengals in the last two weeks was pretty sweet imo. Since both those teams managed to wrap up their division and were ready to rest for the playoffs.

NOT SAYING JETS SHOULDN'T BE IN PLAYOFFS

But that's pretty sweet scheduling. We didn't know the Bengals would be where they are, but the Colts in the last 2 weeks of the season are normally in rest mode.

aaronjbc123
01-09-2010, 09:30 AM
obviously they lucked out

aci150
01-09-2010, 09:58 AM
lucky the way it worked out against the colts? Yes. Lucky against the bengals? Nah jets straight whooped them. Home field plus benson is a 37 point swing? Dont think so. lucky to be in, maybe. but now that they are, the jets could make some noise!

alarmist
01-09-2010, 09:58 AM
now we have to see 4000 camera shots of fat rex ryan

wish the Titans had found a way into the playoffs

oh well, on the bright side...Pittsburgh didn't make it, lol

Nikhiln25
01-09-2010, 10:05 AM
Jets wouldn't even be in that position if it wasn't for sanchezy making his rookie mistakes. If jets had a decent qb, they would went like 13-3 probably.

gmenfan40
01-09-2010, 10:32 AM
The Jets could of easily won the division if they played consistent throughout the season. They have the talent to do very well in the playoffs if they stick to the game plan.

bking10
01-09-2010, 10:36 AM
they only lucked out because teams like the texans, miami, and titans had to play the colts when the games counted. gives them an added benefit in the tie breakers of like opponents.

but im not mad, because of all the teams that could ahve made it... im glad the sanchize is on the one that did. the texans, steelers, and titans are scary come playoffs

Huse
01-09-2010, 10:44 AM
The Jets could of easily won the division if they played consistent throughout the season. They have the talent to do very well in the playoffs if they stick to the game plan.

lmao okay and the pats could have easily won the division if they had the jet's schedule, didn't have a rusty Brady for the first 5 or so games, had 2 cake games at the end of the year, etc, etc.,

That being said I think the Jets are legit, I wouldn't at all be surprised to see them go far in the playoffs. I'd be scared to see the pats face them in the playoffs for sure. I think the Jets are a worse matchup for the pats than san diego and indy

gmenfan40
01-09-2010, 10:45 AM
lmao okay and the pats could have easily won the division if they had the jet's schedule, didn't have a rusty Brady for the first 5 or so games, had 2 cake games at the end of the year, etc, etc.,

I'm not even a Jets fan, i'm speaking from a non biased point of view.

Huse
01-09-2010, 11:01 AM

I'm not even a Jets fan, i'm speaking from a non biased point of view.

oh well now im definetly convinced

PotKettleBlack
01-09-2010, 11:23 AM
Jets wouldn't even be in that position if it wasn't for sanchezy making his rookie mistakes. If jets had a decent qb, they would went like 13-3 probably.
Yeah, I'm with you. If it wasn't for the Giants' pass rush being so dominating in the SuperBowl, the Patriots would've won in 2007/2008.

I like how this works, they should go on this woulda, shoulda, coulda rather than what actually happens...

iliveinjersey
01-09-2010, 11:51 AM

That being said I think the Jets are legit, I wouldn't at all be surprised to see them go far in the playoffs. I'd be scared to see the pats face them in the playoffs for sure. I think the Jets are a worse matchup for the pats than san diego and indy

dude the Jets and Pats play the same people for 14 of 16 games.

TAWS6
01-09-2010, 12:08 PM

ohhh lawddddddd

Next year you can repost this same post after tommy and the pats roll through the East yet again. What is it up to now 7/9 seasons they have won the east? lmao and one of those was without brady (08 season) lol

Going by your logic the dolphins COULD have easily won that division/

SpiderSense
01-09-2010, 12:23 PM
If you won't say it I will:

Jets don't belong in the playoffs

TheDude1987
01-09-2010, 12:36 PM
lucky the way it worked out against the colts? Yes. Lucky against the bengals? Nah jets straight whooped them. Home field plus benson is a 37 point swing? Dont think so. lucky to be in, maybe. but now that they are, the jets could make some noise!

Do you honestly think the Bengals were showing them anything similar, even with some starters in, to what they would normally bring considering they KNEW they would be playing them again the following week? They had no reason to want to win that game, especially considering the team sitting behind the Jets already spanked the the Bengals at home earlier in the season.

The Jets shouldn't be in the playoffs.

Mitch339
01-09-2010, 12:57 PM
as much as i hate the jets with a passion. I think theyll beat the bungles and hopefully take out the colts too so the pats can whoop them in the AFC final.

WheyneNewton
01-09-2010, 01:00 PM
as much as i hate the jets with a passion. I think theyll beat the bungles and hopefully take out the colts too so the pats can whoop them in the AFC final.

jets won't play the pats because they're gonna lose to the ravens

FatWhiteKid
01-09-2010, 01:07 PM
I love that Mark Sanchez

NDame616
01-09-2010, 01:28 PM

The Pats could've easily gone 16-0 if they just won every game....

FatWhiteKid
01-09-2010, 01:35 PM
The Pats could've easily gone 16-0 if they just won every game....

I blame Moss's beard.

wsuwarrior
01-09-2010, 02:16 PM
You could tell even Bart Scott thought they got lucky.

CCAurora
01-09-2010, 02:19 PM
Of course they got lucky, but the reset button has been hit.

Lean88
01-09-2010, 02:36 PM
Yeah they were lucky the way things worked out but thats not their problem, Jets did what they had to do and got in. Cant see them going all the way with Sanchez at qb though

iliveinjersey
01-09-2010, 05:38 PM
Delete this thread!

MusclePrime
01-09-2010, 05:40 PM
**** Yea, they lucked out. Going to be a horrible weak, with Ryans fatass gloating and thinking hes on top of the world.

Nikhiln25
01-09-2010, 05:41 PM
If you won't say it I will:

Jets don't belong in the playoffs
Ok negged for being wrong