PDA

View Full Version : Was the Big Eleven really good this season, or the rest of college football

SwagMorris
01-09-2010, 07:50 AM
really bad?

I was thinking to myself last night everyone has been saying that college football had a down year last season, which I agree with. tOSU was finally able to win a BCS game against a team that couldn't beat a WAC opponent. U$C has a down year and everyone thinks the Pac-**** is awesome, maybe the best, and bowl season proved otherwise.

The Sec cleary wasn't as dominant as it usually is, and it showed. LSU lost to PSU and Arkansas needed horrible college kicking to beat ECU.

The ACC was won by one of the most one dimensional teams that I can remember, and played (and lost) to a Big Eleven team in a BCS game.

The Big 12 was simple not good. OU was just bad this season, for obvious reasons, but also because their o-line with 1 returning starter was atrocious. Then to bring up another point with them, Miami beats OU and is supposedly back. So Miami beat two teams that didn't even end up ranked at the end of the year, and the most one dimensional team in college football and everyone says they're back (until they preceded to lose more and more conference games).

Then look who Miami lost to in a bowl game. A Big Eleven team.

The point is, yeah, you could say that the Big Eleven is the second best conference in college football this season, and I would agree with you. But they're the second best conference in a very down year of college football.

/logic

Fastforward7
01-09-2010, 08:30 AM
I think the Pac 10 aand SEC were slightlly down. The Big 12 was way down. The Big East and ACC were about where they usually are. The Big 10 was slightly up. Just my $.02

charity4thepoor
01-09-2010, 08:39 AM
there was no category of elite teams this year. just a whole bunch of good/great teams but alabama was the best of the group.

thats what i thought all year and its still what i think

Tyler44
01-09-2010, 08:41 AM
I think the Pac 10 aand SEC were slightlly down. The Big 12 was way down. The Big East and ACC were about where they usually are. The Big 10 was slightly up. Just my $.02

Id agree with this.

The Big10 has definately improved from the last couple years, cant deny that. Pac10 was a little down, and the Big12 was very down(besides Texas). ACC was like usual and the Big East may have been a litle better than usual.

Good season by the Big10, and next year could easily be a lot better.

LikeAMachine
01-09-2010, 08:44 AM
Hater

DRob27
01-09-2010, 10:00 AM
you say that the other conferences are in down years but don't acknowledge the fact that big 10 is still in one of its down years

G-mane12
01-09-2010, 10:01 AM
You know you doin' something right when you have a new HATER everyday

SwagMorris
01-09-2010, 10:06 AM
You know you doin' something right when you have a new HATER everyday

"New" hater? Lulz

Obviously the Big Eleven is in one of its down years since Michigan has been sucking it up.

BuckeyeROC
01-09-2010, 10:07 AM
This was a year filled with parity. No standout teams or players. Yes, some were very good, but not great this year.

As for the Big 10, things go in cycles. I think the conference as a whole is back on the rise after being down recently. There were a lot of younger players in the Big 10 this season too, teams like OSU and Iowa return a lot of guys.

Something I noticed too, which as a former linebacker and defensive end I LOVE seeing: OSU and some other Big 10 teams had swarming defenses. I'll take a defense filled with no name or "lesser name" guys that swarms to the ball over a defense with big names that just doesn't play as sound. OSU lost a great LB and CB last season, but it was obvious early on this season that this year's defense was better overall and swarmed.