PDA

View Full Version : NFL MVP goes to..........

manofmany
01-09-2010, 07:37 AM
Peyton Manning

Hishiad
01-09-2010, 07:40 AM
Honestly I'd give it to Drew Brees this year.

70.6% 4338 34 TDs 11 INTs 109 QB rating

Peyton only had more yards and INTs...

manofmany
01-09-2010, 07:46 AM
Honestly I'd give it to Drew Brees this year.

70.6% 4338 34 TDs 11 INTs 109 QB rating

Peyton only had more yards and INTs...

Well it's supposed to be based on which player was the most valuable to his team. Peyton Manning made history with the most comeback wins this year while having the 32nd ranked rushing offense. Not sure where the Saints ranked but it's much higher than 32.

manofmany
01-09-2010, 08:08 AM
It wasn't even close. Manning got 39.5 out of 50 votes.

Hishiad
01-09-2010, 08:36 AM
Well it's supposed to be based on which player was the most valuable to his team. Peyton Manning made history with the most comeback wins this year while having the 32nd ranked rushing offense. Not sure where the Saints ranked but it's much higher than 32.

The Colts have been doing this winning without a rushing game for awhile though.

Brees has taken the lowly Saints into 13-3 with a first round bye.

But I'm a Peyton homer, so glad he got it...Wish the Colts had actually tried for 19-0 :(

manofmany
01-09-2010, 08:47 AM
The Colts have been doing this winning without a rushing game for awhile though.

Brees has taken the lowly Saints into 13-3 with a first round bye.

But I'm a Peyton homer, so glad he got it...Wish the Colts had actually tried for 19-0 :(

You can't discredit what they've done just because they do it consistently.

Hishiad
01-09-2010, 08:55 AM
You can't discredit what they've done just because they do it consistently.

MVP isn't a team award and Brees bested Manning in every stat but one, yards.

he had a better percentage, more TDs, less INTs, higher QB rating, and more yds per game and yds per attempt.

As I said I'm a Manning homer, but let's be real. Saints without Brees don't even reach .500 percent....Colts without Manning were still playoff bound (see 95 and 96 seasons)

manofmany
01-09-2010, 09:11 AM

he had a better percentage, more TDs, less INTs, higher QB rating, and more yds per game and yds per attempt.

As I said I'm a Manning homer, but let's be real. Saints without Brees don't even reach .500 percent....Colts without Manning were still playoff bound (see 95 and 96 seasons)

Hahaha I think you've got that ass backwards! Brunell > Sorgi and Painter. I don't think this team even had 1 of the same players 14-15 years ago lol

Hishiad
01-09-2010, 09:23 AM
Hahaha I think you've got that ass backwards! Brunell > Sorgi and Painter. I don't think this team even had 1 of the same players 14-15 years ago lol

Now I know why people don't like the Colts.

At least I'm not too much of a homer to see Peyton didn't have the best year.

I mean this was his 4th highest INT total for a season in his career.

ColtsForTheWin
01-09-2010, 10:05 AM

First of all, a lot of the interceptions weren't his fault.

Second of all, Brees had way more FUMBLES than Manning. Manning releases the ball in ~3.5 seconds, while the SECOND fastest QB in the league is a full second slower; not only does Manning avoid sacks by releasing the ball so quickly, he is always aware of his surroundings.

People were projecting the colts to be 8-8 this year WITH Manning...you're telling me that without Manning we're a playoff bound team based on a season 15 years ago? Have you even seen any Colts games this year?

Brees put up better numbers, but Manning won every game he started and finished. It is a team aspect, but Manning lead seven 4th quarter comebacks. What has Brees done? Barely scraped by some crappy teams and choked to a Bucs team.

It was a clear cut case, and the voting reflected it despite all the NO homers.

Greg1983
01-09-2010, 10:39 AM
My congratulations go to the greatest regular season QB of all time.

Back Double Biceps18
01-09-2010, 10:39 AM
Kind of saw this coming, but Chris Johnson not getting a SINGLE vote, pretty bad after the season he had.

Greg1983
01-09-2010, 10:40 AM
Kind of saw this coming, but Chris Johnson not getting a SINGLE vote, pretty bad after the season he had.

Hopefully he wins offensive player of the year. That award generally goes to the person who should have won MVP (see: Drew Brees last year).

stupidb0y
01-09-2010, 10:40 AM
well deserved..

robogain
01-09-2010, 10:42 AM
well deserved..

this

BeanieWells
01-09-2010, 10:45 AM

Second of all, Brees had way more FUMBLES than Manning. Manning releases the ball in ~3.5 seconds, while the SECOND fastest QB in the league is a full second slower; not only does Manning avoid sacks by releasing the ball so quickly, he is always aware of his surroundings.

People were projecting the colts to be 8-8 this year WITH Manning...you're telling me that without Manning we're a playoff bound team based on a season 15 years ago? Have you even seen any Colts games this year?

Brees put up better numbers, but Manning won every game he started and finished. It is a team aspect, but Manning lead seven 4th quarter comebacks. What has Brees done? Barely scraped by some crappy teams and choked to a Bucs team.

They were projected to go 8-8 this year since when? wait wut?

Scoundrel
01-09-2010, 10:49 AM
Manning releases the ball in ~3.5 seconds, while the SECOND fastest QB in the league is a full second slower; not only does Manning avoid sacks by releasing the ball so quickly, he is always aware of his surroundings.

wtfisthis****.jpg

dmoneythegoat
01-09-2010, 10:52 AM

The Saints were picked to finish 3rd in a crappy division WITH brees. The number 1 offense in the league looked absolutely pathetic in the last game against Carolina. With brunell in there it looked like Aaron Brooks all over again.

stupidb0y
01-09-2010, 10:59 AM
They were projected to go 8-8 this year since when? wait wut?

lost of the Offensive Coordinators , Tony Dungy , Marvin Harrison , Defensive Coordinators and yeah i know im missing a couple more. but you get the point . no one thought the colts would even break .500 this year

Parlor_Mob
01-09-2010, 11:04 AM
Good for him. He put on a show this season. That game against the Pats he had was one of my favs this season.

BeanieWells
01-09-2010, 11:06 AM
lost of the Offensive Coordinators , Tony Dungy , Marvin Harrison , Defensive Coordinators and yeah i know im missing a couple more. but you get the point . no one thought the colts would even break .500 this year

Nope. Nobody expected the Colts to be any different. Everybody knows the success behind the Colts was Bill Polian and #18.

Huse
01-09-2010, 11:17 AM
amazing regular season QB

Evolutionary1
01-09-2010, 11:24 AM
fuk peyton hes gonna lose his first playoff game yes mad im not worrying about the mvp from here on out

robogain
01-09-2010, 11:25 AM
My congratulations go to the greatest regular season QB of all time.

amazing regular season QB

http://curtisbaigent.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2009/11/haters_gonna_hate.gif

CCAurora
01-09-2010, 11:29 AM
The award isn't "best stats of the year," is most valuable player. There's more to it than flat numbers.

I think its easy to see that Brees was in a better situation in New Orleans with the running game he had supporting him. How many teams could have gone undefeated with literally the worst running game in all of football? If Brees goes down, they pound the run. If Manning is out, well, we saw what a disaster that becomes.

dmoneythegoat
01-09-2010, 11:47 AM
If you watched the NO-Carolina game, you see what this offense is without drew brees. Its truly pathetic. Do you really think our front office which has a very poor history, would be able to find all these guys? Colston-7th round pick out of hofstra, Thomas-undrafted, Bell-undrafted out of Arizona (i think), Moore-undrafted out of toledo. Brees makes all these guys way better than actually are with the exception of Colston

CCAurora
01-09-2010, 11:49 AM
If you watched the NO-Carolina game, you see what this offense is without drew brees. Its truly pathetic. Do you really think our front office which has a very poor history, would be able to find all these guys? Colston-7th round pick out of hofstra, Thomas-undrafted, Bell-undrafted out of Arizona (i think), Moore-undrafted out of toledo. Brees makes all these guys way better than actually are with the exception of Colston

Did you see how Brees did against the Buffalo Bills and NY Jets? That offense was shut down WITH Drew Brees.

jdo1
01-09-2010, 12:01 PM
There has only been 2 ppl that ever thrown over 5,000 yards and 6 ppl that ever ran over 2,000 yards.....and he still gets the award

robogain
01-09-2010, 12:06 PM
There has only been 2 ppl that ever thrown over 5,000 yards and 6 ppl that ever ran over 2,000 yards.....and he still gets the award

aint all bout stats

Huse
01-09-2010, 12:07 PM
aint all bout stats

....coming from a peyton-nuthugger

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Evolutionary1
01-09-2010, 12:09 PM

this, CJ deserved more props than he got
The whole argument about the team without Peyton not being half as good could be said about any successful team with only a few exceptions

n1e
01-09-2010, 12:35 PM
coming from the Pats fan, speaking non-biasedly of course

Peyton Manning doesn't deserve the MVP

IMO the MVP needs to go to Darrelle Revis/Charles Woodson but seeing how it's a QB vs a DB odds are it's not gonna happen

i know there is a DPOY award but i truly believe one of these guys deserves the MVP award over Manning

not sure what Mannings done to deserve the award this year srsly

if you guys can give me legit reasons as to why Peyton deserves the award over these two let me know

STA1011
01-09-2010, 12:46 PM

Hopefully he wins offensive player of the year. That award generally goes to the person who should have won MVP (see: Drew Brees last year).

The award isn't "best stats of the year," is most valuable player.

CJ first 6 games (Titans 0-6): 722 yds (596 rushing), 3 TDs (2 rushing)

CJ last 10 games (Titans 8-2): 1787 yds (1410 rushing), 13 TDs (12 rushing)

So you're saying this jump in production had NOTHING to do with the Titans 2nd half success? GTFO. Without CJ the Titans are picking in the top 5

robogain
01-09-2010, 12:54 PM

IMO the MVP needs to go to Darrelle Revis/Charles Woodson but seeing how it's a QB vs a DB odds are it's not gonna happen

i know there is a DPOY award but i truly believe one of these guys deserves the MVP award over Manning

if you guys can give me legit reasons as to why Peyton deserves the award over these two let me know
yea h your right he doesnt deserve anything . or doesnt count for anything the colts did this year until they rested starters. colts would be 12-4 without him

he was terrible this season.

KingCanuck
01-09-2010, 01:16 PM
Goat

FatWhiteKid
01-09-2010, 01:25 PM
The saint's would be alright without Brees, the Colts would be absolute **** without Peyton Manning. Truely a master at his craft.

MA5Bergey
01-09-2010, 02:11 PM
Brees should have gotten the award.

Brees 109.6 QB Rating to Peyton's 99.9
Brees 34 TDs to Peyton's 33
Brees 11 INTs to Peyton's 16
Brees 70.6% passing to Peyton's 68.8%

And Peyton has better weapons around him than Brees does (nothing you can say will convince me that Colston, Meachem, Shockey, and Bush/Thomas is better than Wayne, Collie, Garcon, Clark and Addai/Brown)

CCAurora
01-09-2010, 02:16 PM
CJ first 6 games (Titans 0-6): 722 yds (596 rushing), 3 TDs (2 rushing)

CJ last 10 games (Titans 8-2): 1787 yds (1410 rushing), 13 TDs (12 rushing)

So you're saying this jump in production had NOTHING to do with the Titans 2nd half success? GTFO. Without CJ the Titans are picking in the top 5

If by "success," you mean "missing the playoffs," then yes, very successful. This isn't the "how did you end the season" award! Its for the entire season. A loss in week 2 means the same as a loss in week 17.

And this is coming from a big time Titans fan. You don't give the MVP award to a guy whose team didn't make the plaoyffs. What a joke of an argument!

CCAurora
01-09-2010, 02:18 PM

A DB doesn't get it because its a much, much less important position. You can lose a top DB and recover, but comparing losing Charles Woodson to losing Peyton Manning is laughable.

n1e
01-09-2010, 02:20 PM
yea h your right he doesnt deserve anything . or doesnt count for anything the colts did this year until they rested starters. colts would be 12-4 without him

he was terrible this season.

LMAO strong ranting

no where in my post did i say he was terrible
i just thought Revis/Woodson was more deserving of it

a defensive player is just as valuable as an offensive player

you really think the jets could dial up all those blitzes and coverages if they didn't have a shutdown corner who could blanket the other teams number 1, same with the Packers

plus they had a MUCH more productive year individually than Manning

cor030
01-09-2010, 02:23 PM
jake delhomme deserved this he was definitely the other teams MVP the 10 games he started.

n1e
01-09-2010, 02:23 PM
A DB doesn't get it because its a much, much less important position. You can lose a top DB and recover, but comparing losing Charles Woodson to losing Peyton Manning is laughable.

a legit argument

but what about Drew Brees or Brett Favre?

might as well name it the Most-Valuable-Peyton award

bbacn123
01-09-2010, 02:24 PM
the peyton manning nut-hugging continues.

CCAurora
01-09-2010, 02:48 PM
a legit argument

but what about Drew Brees or Brett Favre?

might as well name it the Most-Valuable-Peyton award

Its funny you say that! Here's the first sentence from the NFL.com article on Manning winning the award:

"Maybe the award should be renamed Most Valuable Peyton."

I was a big Favre supporter for MVP up until his December stumble. You could argue that Jackson at QB would have cost them the first-week bye, but not a playoff spot.

Beasly3333
01-09-2010, 03:08 PM
ITT: Butthurt Patriots fans

MA5Bergey
01-09-2010, 03:31 PM
ITT: Butthurt Patriots fans

I don't see anyone rallying for Tom Brady

ITT: People who don't read the thread then make baseless assumptions

Greg1983
01-13-2010, 09:31 AM

This.

joelz54_99
01-13-2010, 09:40 AM
Peyton Manning

Strong NFL Poster Boy

INGENIUM
01-13-2010, 09:42 AM
Peyton FTW...

and it wsn't even close this year...

Peyton is making guys (Collie, Garcon, etc.) that would never sniff the field for other teams look like Pro Bowlers.

Should have been 16-0 as well...

sammy21
01-13-2010, 09:55 AM
Oh hai guys whatz goin on in dis here thread?

http://www.palmbeachpost.com/multimedia/dynamic/00110/chrisjohnson800_110190c.jpg

http://stlouisramfan.com/blog/uploaded_images/Chris-Johnson1-720542.JPG

Blasphemy
01-13-2010, 10:00 AM
hahaha

lazylifter69
01-13-2010, 11:15 AM
The mvp award is a mixture of stats plus team win/loss record imo. If peyton had thrown for 3400 yards, 20 td and 20 ints no way he wins it but he did have a pretty damn good year so he is deserving. I wanted Brees to win it though.

SpiderSense
01-13-2010, 01:33 PM
Peyton didn't deserve his last MVP either.

Rodgers FTW.