PDA

View Full Version : Madden Ultimate Team

cor030
01-08-2010, 09:50 PM
What is this? I just put in Madden 10 after a week or so of playing Modern Warfare 2 and got hit with an update and now this is on my menu. What's the deal? It said it's like a trading card or DLC thing.

Mafiafolife77
01-08-2010, 09:52 PM
http://www.nullamatix.com/images/I-dunno-lol.jpg

ChicagoCubz
01-08-2010, 10:00 PM
It's kind of cool. Basically you get cards of players, then you play games against other people (or the CPU) using your team and get coins.

You can buy more card packs with the coins and get legendary players. Not sure if there are any HoF'ers or not but you can get cards of players in their prime.

For example I've got a Pro-Bowl Philip Rivers from a couple years back and a 49ers TO. His rating reflects that. Cool concept, but the downside is every card has a contract, which is a number of games they can play before you'll have to buy a new contract card or lose that card/player. And you can buy cards with real money, so some people are going to have all-star teams.

Still pretty fun though.

cor030
01-08-2010, 10:10 PM
It's kind of cool. Basically you get cards of players, then you play games against other people (or the CPU) using your team and get coins.

You can buy more card packs with the coins and get legendary players. Not sure if there are any HoF'ers or not but you can get cards of players in their prime.

For example I've got a Pro-Bowl Philip Rivers from a couple years back and a 49ers TO. His rating reflects that. Cool concept, but the downside is every card has a contract, which is a number of games they can play before you'll have to buy a new contract card or lose that card/player. And you can buy cards with real money, so some people are going to have all-star teams.

Still pretty fun though.

wow, actually sounds pretty ****in awesome. I hope that you're only matched against players with equal rated teams rather than having to fight all-stars at the beginning.

thanks for the info.

ChicagoCubz
01-08-2010, 10:26 PM
wow, actually sounds pretty ****in awesome. I hope that you're only matched against players with equal rated teams rather than having to fight all-stars at the beginning.

thanks for the info.

This is EA we're talking about. You're randomly matched against someone regardless of team rating. You also can't invite friends to play.

cor030
01-09-2010, 08:26 PM
enjoying this so far. got a pretty ballin team set up but I'm not happy with my playbooks/WR's/RB.

I went ahead and bought the Tom Brady card because I was tired of my 58ovr rated quarterback missing about 80% of his throws. Cost like 1500 coins.

Do you get more points playing online than against computer?

echo117
01-09-2010, 08:43 PM
cor030 add me on xbl paub3ar

cor030
01-14-2010, 03:54 PM
cor030 add me on xbl paub3ar

k I will when I log back in

and wow, this game mode is ****ing sick. I've got a pretty good team set up. After saving for a while I bought my first platinum pack and got a legendary Orlando Pace card :D That set me up, and now I've just been playing the auction block, just wasted most of my coins on a Steve Smith legendary card though. :\

Oh, did I forget to mention a platinum pack I just opened had a legendary Randy Moss card in it!? :D :D :D

Glad Madden did this, provides a break for when I get tired of modern warfare 2.

Anyone else playing this?

JuicintheJuice
01-14-2010, 03:56 PM
After awhile you'll begin to realize it is mad gay. It's impossible to keep good players around because of their contracts. The only way to maintain a great team is to buy coins with microsoft points. **** that.

cor030
01-14-2010, 04:02 PM
After awhile you'll begin to realize it is mad gay. It's impossible to keep good players around because of their contracts. The only way to maintain a great team is to buy coins with microsoft points. **** that.

I've only used points once, and that was to buy Tom Brady's legendary card. The rest have just been finding lucky cards on auction block and reselling them, or getting a rare card that will sell for a lot. I like it because I can play online with an accurate quarterback(I'm used to playing with Matt Moore/Jake Delhomme who overthrow a receiver at least half the time.)

SpiderSense
01-14-2010, 04:16 PM
Video game?

Best team I ever had was the Bears.

But I traded for Marshall, kept Hester and Olsen.

On defense I traded for Haynesworth and Peppers, kept Harris and Alex Brown.

Same LB's.

Forget who my CB's were but I always go for tall guys with speed, strength, and can tackle.

Moved Tillman to safety where he was like a 95+.

This was over 3 years.

I believe every starter was 92 or better, and nobody was lower than 85 on my team.

Had draft picks at all other spots.

justin6683
01-14-2010, 04:53 PM
Had an ultra rare 99overall ap card but sold it :( have spent 100,000s of coins and yeah it does get boring after a while, u beat the computer by 100 points just to get 400-600 coins? F that