PDA

View Full Version : laker fans and phil would pee themselves if the lakers meet portland in the playoffs

lustsmith
01-08-2010, 09:09 PM
lolz......

portland always destroys the lakers lolz

stoopid
01-08-2010, 09:12 PM
Let's be real here.

The Lakers are now 6-6 against winning teams.

So any team they play that is over .500 will scare the Lakers.

Oneandonlysunkist
01-08-2010, 09:13 PM
Let's be reality. Portland only does well at home when the refs are on their side. Lakers will have overall better record and will win 4-3

4thgen
01-08-2010, 09:14 PM
Let's be reality. Portland only does well at home when the refs are on their side. Lakers will have overall better record and will win 4-3

You seriously think that this game was determined by refs?

Oneandonlysunkist
01-08-2010, 09:16 PM

Most of the momentum swings. Yes. Not saying Portland didn't shoot better then the Lakers but there were TONS of missed calls on the Lakers end.

JMB987
01-08-2010, 09:17 PM
Lakers are missing their 2nd best player, Kobe has a broken index finger on his SHOOTING HAND. Season is not even halfway over, yawn. Wake me up in April.

/thread.

4thgen
01-08-2010, 09:18 PM
Most of the momentum swings. Yes. Not saying Portland didn't shoot better then the Lakers but there were TONS of missed calls on the Lakers end.

Wow.

VernonWellsFargo
01-08-2010, 09:26 PM
30 free throws vs like 10

Oneandonlysunkist
01-08-2010, 09:28 PM
Wow.

Lakers 24 PF called
Blazers 15 PF called

Wow.

TexasHeat
01-08-2010, 09:49 PM
notsureifserious.jpg

NoobThumper
01-08-2010, 09:55 PM
Blazer fan here, and I think the Blazers would probably lose a series to the Lakers in 5 or 6. We're good enough at home to potentially keep the series going, but I don't see us winning one in L.A. just yet.

As for tonight's game, Lakers were missing Gasol but the Blazers were still missing 1/2 their team. As for the calls, the Lakers were terribly non-aggressive until the closing minutes of the game, whereas Portland was constantly driving to the basket and attacking. There were some questionable calls as there always will be but I don't think it was as badly officiated as a lot of people are claiming.

If you're not aggressive and you don't play defense, you probably don't win (and they didn't tonight).

Fastforward7
01-08-2010, 09:56 PM
Lakers are missing their 2nd best player, Kobe has a broken index finger on his SHOOTING HAND.

Lol, Portland is missing like 75% of their team. You're kidding right? Cracks me up.

JMB987
01-08-2010, 09:59 PM
Lakers are known for sleepwalking through games. Not surprised. Like I said, talk to me in April.

LAballin24
01-08-2010, 10:01 PM
Lakers have a history of raping the blazers in the playoffs. I would love that match up.

TexasHeat
01-08-2010, 10:03 PM
The Blazers are gonna get knocked out in the 1st round.

NoobThumper
01-08-2010, 10:10 PM
The Blazers are gonna get knocked out in the 1st round.

Depends on who they play.

I can see them beating a team like San Antonio or Houston, but think they'd have a lot of problems with teams like Denver and L.A.

IllPhill
01-08-2010, 10:48 PM

Wut. Every time LA wins a game I see people bitching about refs determining the game

GPx
01-08-2010, 11:23 PM
Let's be real here.

The Lakers are now 6-6 against winning teams.

So any team they play that is over .500 will scare the Lakers.

Let's be real here...

You're a dumbfuk that looks to stats rather than seeing the truth. By your standards, the Lakers will be eliminated in the first round of the playoffs. Guess what, it's not gonna happen and they'll be back in the finals. Have fun with your stats then.

Hurleyy
01-08-2010, 11:24 PM
dammit. i was gonna bet on portland today. fuuu

4thgen
01-08-2010, 11:36 PM
Let's be real here...

You're a dumbfuk that looks to stats rather than seeing the truth. By your standards, the Lakers will be eliminated in the first round of the playoffs. Guess what, it's not gonna happen and they'll be back in the finals. Have fun with your stats then.

My bad. I did not know that Carmelo averaged 30 points a game.

You know, since it's a stat and all.

But then again, I'm pretty sure he does get 30 points on average per game. But I'm wrong, right? Since it's a stat.

GPx
01-08-2010, 11:42 PM
My bad. I did not know that Carmelo averaged 30 points a game.

You know, since it's a stat and all.

But then again, I'm pretty sure he does get 30 points on average per game. But I'm wrong, right? Since it's a stat.

I think you're mentally challenged because that made zero sense.

You're in hater denial and bringing stats up to make yourself feel like the Lakers aren't a good team. Face it, they'll be in the finals again and you can bring as many stats as you want but they'll get it together just like they did last year. This team is better than last years team, believe it.

Coconut187
01-08-2010, 11:43 PM

You're in hater denial and bringing stats up to make yourself feel like the Lakers aren't a good team. Face it, they'll be in the finals again and you can bring as many stats as you want but they'll get it together just like they did last year. This team is better than last years team, believe it.

Amen.

According to my calendar it's January, Lakers will get their shyt together during the playoffs.

The_Source
01-08-2010, 11:44 PM
eh nothing new, haters gonna hate. Don't really care for it cause i love how the Lakers show them up come postseason lol

4thgen
01-08-2010, 11:48 PM

It made no sense? You said I look at stats instead of the truth.

I see that Carmelo averages 30 points a game, and that it is a stat. But apparently stats do not tell the truth, so he actually DOESN'T average 30 points.

They probably will be in the Finals again. Look at the competition in the West. Sure the average/lower class teams are better than the East teams, but the championship material teams are all in the East outside of the Lakers. They are lucky to have no championship level team to worry about.

Believe that the team is better than last year? The season is half way over and they haven't proven anything. Artest hasn't stopped any of the players they got him to stop, and his offense blows. So how exactly have they improved outside of Bynum not being injured?

Dmoney30
01-08-2010, 11:50 PM
bobcats also play the lakers very tough during the regular season but too bad only 8 teams make it in postseason play. Like others said before, wait until May and June and track the Laker's stats then.

GPx
01-08-2010, 11:53 PM
It made no sense? You said I look at stats instead of the truth.

I see that Carmelo averages 30 points a game, and that it is a stat. But apparently stats do not tell the truth, so he actually DOESN'T average 30 points.

They probably will be in the Finals again. Look at the competition in the West. Sure the average/lower class teams are better than the East teams, but the championship material teams are all in the East outside of the Lakers. They are lucky to have no championship level team to worry about.

Believe that the team is better than last year? The season is half way over and they haven't proven anything. Artest hasn't stopped any of the players they got him to stop, and his offense blows. So how exactly have they improved outside of Bynum not being injured?

Artest still plays physical defense that can wear a player out...especially in a series. More importantly he gives Bryant the ability to focus more on offense and not have to worry about guarding the go to guy.

Improvements
1. Artest > Ariza
2. Bynum is back
3. Farmar and Brown are better
4. Weaker west = more energy for the finals

Blasphemy
01-08-2010, 11:55 PM
ain't no way in hell OP... if it goes down Lakers in 5-6

gswarrior510
01-08-2010, 11:59 PM
Nuggets are better than any team in Eastern conference :/

yes srs.