PDA

View Full Version : sports cards

ljd15
01-08-2010, 08:30 PM
what places will buy basketball cards?

i have so many, and lots of rare one's, i just don't know where to go to sell them.

i'd rather not mess with ebay, i'd rather just take them all to one place and have them look at them.

suggestions?

GetBigyo
01-08-2010, 08:31 PM
Uhh a Sports Cards store or the Flee Market? lol

ljd15
01-08-2010, 08:33 PM
Uhh a Sports Cards store or the Flee Market? lol

there's like none around here =/

GetBigyo
01-08-2010, 08:36 PM
there's like none around here =/

Sport cards have died out significantly.

I remember collecting baseball and football cards like crazy in 6th grade and I always used to go on Sundays to the flee market and buy a couple of packs.

Yeah you prob. wont find that many stores around anymore.

ljd15
01-08-2010, 08:44 PM
Sport cards have died out significantly.

I remember collecting baseball and football cards like crazy in 6th grade and I always used to go on Sundays to the flee market and buy a couple of packs.

Yeah you prob. wont find that many stores around anymore.

haa i know i was so into it too, now i want to get rid of them all :(

thegenerel
01-08-2010, 08:45 PM
someone on the internet is your best bet i would imagine.

jcbrowns
01-08-2010, 08:52 PM
You might be able to sell them but don't expect much money. I used to be in the hobby but quit about 10 years ago. Everybody has lots of cards to sell. Only if you have the really old ones meaning Mantle rookie etc. Anything released in the last 30 years is nothing.

ljd15
01-08-2010, 09:05 PM
You might be able to sell them but don't expect much money. I used to be in the hobby but quit about 10 years ago. Everybody has lots of cards to sell. Only if you have the really old ones meaning Mantle rookie etc. Anything released in the last 30 years is nothing.

i looked up one lebron james rookie card, like his first. and a magazine said it would sell for 1,000. i know nonones going to pay that much but still. i need some cash

thegenerel
01-08-2010, 09:11 PM
i looked up one lebron james rookie card, like his first. and a magazine said it would sell for 1,000. i know nonones going to pay that much but still. i need some cash

throw it up on ebay.

or you could google some sports card sites and see if you could sell stuff there? maybe ppl on those forums could direct you towards a card store

ljd15
01-08-2010, 09:12 PM
throw it up on ebay.

or you could google some sports card sites and see if you could sell stuff there? maybe ppl on those forums could direct you towards a card store

that's what i'm hoping for bro

jcbrowns
01-08-2010, 09:17 PM
But if that magazine said it would sell for 5 bucks people would quit buying. These magazines need cards to sell so they can continue printing magazines. Everybody nowadays will hold onto a LeBron or Kobe rookie card. Back in the day as you've probably heard 1000 times "I used to put my cards in the spokes of my tires, if I only knew what it would be worth today."

Well today everybody holds onto everything. My daughter has a sh*tload of newer Barbie dolls that have never been out of the box. Sounds good, but everybody else is doing the same thing with their Barbie dolls. If you have the older ones, cards or Barbies then you have something because most people ruined them.

Supply and demand.

cor030
01-08-2010, 09:30 PM
someone on the internet is your best bet i would imagine.

this. ebay, or if you have a LOT of cards and don't feel like paying a lot for shipping just post it up on craigslist.

stores will rip you off, you will only get fair price selling it directly(online)

edit- saw you didn't want to use ebay. I'd browse craigslist for a bit and see if you can find a buyer.