PDA

View Full Version : ***Official San Antonio Spurs Thread***

Buff Matt
01-08-2010, 08:22 PM
Man we're heating up this year. Looking great tonight against the Mavs!

4thgen
01-08-2010, 08:29 PM
They just had a slow start getting adjusted. What do you expect, the team has had the same major players and philosophy for most of the last decade, and when they got Jefferson it changed a lot. So of course it's going to take everyone a while to get adjusted. Before today's games, they were 8-2 in their past 10, tied as the hottest team in the league with Cleveland. Injuries haven't been too bad, and hopefully they stay healthy for the Playoffs.

Buff Matt
01-08-2010, 08:52 PM
Wow. Spurs Couldn't close for **** tonight. That's something that needs work for sure.

thefullmonte
01-08-2010, 09:33 PM
After spending the last 3 years in San Antonio I can say with confidence that the Spurs have easily one of the worst and most annoying fan bases I have ever come across.

Perhaps only Boston fans approach the level of myopic behavior.

Tex24
01-08-2010, 10:36 PM
After spending the last 3 years in San Antonio I can say with confidence that the Spurs have easily one of the worst and most annoying fan bases I have ever come across.

Completely unbiased opinion, I'd really have to disagree.

TexasHeat
01-08-2010, 10:38 PM
Man we're heating up this year. Looking great tonight against the Mavs!

tomcruiselaugh.jpg

feardafronfz3
01-08-2010, 10:39 PM

so true, ive lived here for 14 years and can honestly say that spurs fans suck in general

Tex24
01-08-2010, 10:40 PM
tomcruiselaugh.jpg

you're one of the biggest phaggots in this section. GTFO

Buff Matt
01-08-2010, 10:41 PM

I agree some of our fans are pretty annoying. But worst and most annoying? I can rattle off a lot of other teams fans before I get to our fanbase.

On a sidenote hope the Spurs can bounce back strong against the Nets then play a good solid 4 quarters against the Lakers.

TexasHeat
01-08-2010, 10:43 PM
you're one of the biggest phaggots in this section. GTFO

spurs, yankees, cowboys

lulz, strong bandwagon fan

Tex24
01-08-2010, 11:00 PM
spurs, yankees, cowboys

lulz, strong bandwagon fan
http://healium.files.wordpress.com/2009/07/obamam-lol-y-u-mad-tho.jpg

TexasHeat
01-08-2010, 11:02 PM
http://healium.files.wordpress.com/2009/07/obamam-lol-y-u-mad-tho.jpg

NOT mad brah, just pointing out your strong bandwagon fan lameass, sorry if I mad U MAD

Tex24
01-08-2010, 11:04 PM
NOT mad brah, just pointing out your strong bandwagon fan lameass, sorry if I mad U MAD

Not a bandwagon fan [x]
Not mad [x]

thefullmonte
01-08-2010, 11:09 PM
Completely unbiased opinion, I'd really have to disagree.

How the **** can you be a fan AND be unbiased? Logically impossible.

I swear to god some of you just make **** up these days.

Tex24
01-08-2010, 11:13 PM
How the **** can you be a fan AND be unbiased? Logically impossible.

I swear to god some of you just make **** up these days.

What I meant was, I'm going to be real and give an honest opinion based on my interactions with different fan bases around the country. Even though I am a Spurs fan, I'm not a blind homer and especially not one who defends every fellow fan regardless of how they act. I honestly haven't encountered any more annoying Spurs fans than any other fanbase I've interacted with.

Based on personal experience, not my sports loyalties, the most annoying fan bases are the Red Sox and Eagles. That's backed up all over the internet too, not just by me. not saying there aren't cool Sox or Eagles fans, because I'm friends with many and some are real chill about it all...but 4/5 fans of those two teams that I've encountered are obnoxious and absolute idiots. To prove it's not just based off who I am a fan of: I am a Cowboys fans, but have no problems with any Giants fans I know. It's all Eagles

Buff Matt
01-12-2010, 02:53 PM
Hayoooge game tonight! Friends got tickets not me..i'll be couching it up. Predictions anyone?

I say Mason has a big game

stoopid
01-12-2010, 03:02 PM
Hayoooge game tonight! Friends got tickets not me..i'll be couching it up. Predictions anyone?

I say Mason has a big game

Hard to make a prediction. Is Kobe going to go 4 of 21 again in half the game, or is he going to shoot the ball 15 times and try to be a team player? I don't see the big men dominating like they did against the bad Bucks since the Spurs have good big men, so I guess my prediction is going to be the Spurs by 15. But there's no telling.

Buff Matt
01-12-2010, 07:02 PM
kobe went to locker room

now he's back

GPx
01-12-2010, 07:06 PM
Hard to make a prediction. Is Kobe going to go 4 of 21 again in half the game, or is he going to shoot the ball 15 times and try to be a team player? I don't see the big men dominating like they did against the bad Bucks since the Spurs have good big men, so I guess my prediction is going to be the Spurs by 15. But there's no telling.

They just had a slow start getting adjusted. What do you expect, the team has had the same major players and philosophy for most of the last decade, and when they got Jefferson it changed a lot. So of course it's going to take everyone a while to get adjusted. Before today's games, they were 8-2 in their past 10, tied as the hottest team in the league with Cleveland. Injuries haven't been too bad, and hopefully they stay healthy for the Playoffs.

How'd you guys feel when your own announcers said Kobe is better than Lebron?

I lol'd.

Buff Matt
01-12-2010, 07:19 PM
I feel like this might be the year...again :)

GPx
01-12-2010, 07:21 PM
I feel like this might be the year...again :)

lol for what? I hope you're not saying they're in contention..

The Spurs will go down in injuries again and most likely be eliminated in the 2nd round. The Spurs are playing their best this season because it's the Lakers, everyone elevates their play when playing the defending champions.

Buff Matt
01-12-2010, 07:25 PM
lol for what? I hope you're not saying they're in contention..

The Spurs will go down in injuries again and most likely be eliminated in the 2nd round. The Spurs are playing their best this season because it's the Lakers, everyone elevates their play when playing the defending champions.

Clearly you have not been watching any spurs games. The whole team is coming together very well. We have a lot of weapons some young some older. Please calm down bro.jpg Their game tonight doesn't look anymore elevated than it did against the mavs 2 games ago. Just hope they can work on finishing games properly and not letting teams back in.

GPx
01-12-2010, 07:26 PM
Like I said, injuries will haunt you once again and the Spurs will fail to make much noise in the playoffs.

stoopid
01-12-2010, 07:35 PM
How'd you guys feel when your own announcers said Kobe is better than Lebron?

I lol'd.

I just started watching. Didn't hear, and what would it matter?

Funny to see this Spurs team that you Kobe fanboys said sucked beating Lakers pretty badly so far even though Kobe was 7-9 last time I heard.

Hopefully it turns into a better game.

I'm tired of seeing Kobe get his ass beat.

stoopid
01-12-2010, 07:36 PM
Like I said, injuries will haunt you once again and the Spurs will fail to make much noise in the playoffs.

That's what you hope for.

Seeing as how you were unable to beat the Spurs in the season last year when they were healthy.

Yeah, lucky because of injuries huh? Kind of sad Kobe's only championship as the leader of a team was in a season was because of injuries.

GPx
01-12-2010, 07:39 PM
That's what you hope for.

Seeing as how you were unable to beat the Spurs in the season last year when they were healthy.

Yeah, lucky because of injuries huh? Kind of sad Kobe's only championship as the leader of a team was in a season was because of injuries.

lmao, ban bet on who gets further in the playoffs? Put up or shut up time for you bro.

The only thing that's sad is that in every one of yours posts you go back to the REGULAR SEASON to determine the better team/player. How does that make sense?

stoopid
01-12-2010, 07:47 PM
lmao, ban bet on who gets further in the playoffs? Put up or shut up time for you bro.

The only thing that's sad is that in every one of yours posts you go back to the REGULAR SEASON to determine the better team/player. How does that make sense?

I never said the Cavs was a better team last year. I didn't even when they finished the season with their 66 wins. I expected them to lose to a team with big men since they are were so weak against big men, but not Orlando.

But the Spurs are CLEARLY a better playoff team than the Lakers when healthy. Are you seriously going to tell me that they aren't? The Lakers couldn't beat them in the season, and the Lakers proved that they aren't as good in the playoffs as they are in the season by going so many games against teams they should have dominated.

And so far the team has been healthy. Unlike the Lakers. Well...unlike most of the top teams, actually.

I'm not saying they WILL beat the Lakers. But I will say that I think they have a GREAT chance to. I'm 50-50 on who would win, but if I KNEW the Spurs were going to be healthy I'd be going about 65-35 for the Spurs.

GPx
01-12-2010, 07:51 PM
How are they CLEARLY a better playoff team than the Lakers when healthy? Because of what they did years ago? The Spurs are not the same team when they were winning their titles, they're a lot older and because of this they are more injury prone, it's not being unfortunate...it's a fact.

I can't believe you're going to take credit away from the Lakers because they didn't sweep through the west...I mean really? At least man up and give credit where credit is due. They're a BETTER team in the playoffs than they are in the regular season, you can see how "non-sholent" they are at times. They're a cocky team that believes they can beat any team at any time and this shows in their lack of effort in the regular season. They go hard in the playoffs and they'll do it again this year.

4thgen
01-12-2010, 07:57 PM

I'll take that offer with you. I'd really rather wait another week or two to see how the Spurs keep doing, but since you brought it up now I'm willing. I'm not a huge Spurs fan, but how can you disrespect and doubt the best team of last decade, and the team that only DIDN'T beat the Lakers int he playoffs because of injuries?

I'll take the risk of them being healthy in the playoffs. Will you?

Buff Matt
01-12-2010, 08:02 PM
Another good test for the spurs will be the upcoming jazz game in about a week at home though

4thgen
01-12-2010, 08:06 PM
Another good test for the spurs will be the upcoming jazz game in about a week at home though

Another? I don't believe this game is a test. You have to remember that the Lakers have the best record in the league because of their schedule, not because of their talent.

GPx
01-12-2010, 08:08 PM
Another? I don't believe this game is a test. You have to remember that the Lakers have the best record in the league because of their schedule, not because of their talent.

lmao this might just be the worst post I've ever read on this forum.

Almost speechless. It's official now, you're a troll.

4thgen
01-12-2010, 08:18 PM
lmao this might just be the worst post I've ever read on this forum.

Almost speechless. It's official now, you're a troll.

So you're not aware that the Lakers have had an amazingly easy season so far? That they just now really started playing road games? That in half of the season they only played 1 of the top 5 games?

So how is that talent over schedule?

Enlighten me.

Oh. Ban bet on Lakers vs Spurs in the playoffs?

Coconut187
01-12-2010, 08:22 PM
4thgen and stoopid are the same person.

GPx
01-12-2010, 08:23 PM
So you're not aware that the Lakers have had an amazingly easy season so far? That they just now really started playing road games? That in half of the season they only played 1 of the top 5 games?

So how is that talent over schedule?

Enlighten me.

Oh. Ban bet on Lakers vs Spurs in the playoffs?

lmao yes I'd take that bet any day of the year. How about who makes it FURTHER in the playoffs as it's possible the Spurs don't make it to the western finals.

Yes they've had an easy schedule but how can you ignore the obvious talent? I'm in complete awe when impossibly stupid haters like yourself post things like that...did you just start watching the NBA this season? Or did you experience amnesia and blackout what happened last year in the playoffs?

GPx
01-12-2010, 08:23 PM
4thgen and stoopid are the same person.

I'm starting to feel that way, Stoopid has some common sense to him though...while 4thgen may be mentally challenged. Could be a part of the ploy though.

GPx
01-12-2010, 08:30 PM
This might be the most biased officiating in the league....lmao that white guy is gonna have a heart attack.

4thgen
01-12-2010, 08:31 PM
lmao yes I'd take that bet any day of the year. How about who makes it FURTHER in the playoffs as it's possible the Spurs don't make it to the western finals.

Yes they've had an easy schedule but how can you ignore the obvious talent? I'm in complete awe when impossibly stupid haters like yourself post things like that...did you just start watching the NBA this season? Or did you experience amnesia and blackout what happened last year in the playoffs?

When I said playoffs I meant whoever makes it the furtherest, not who beats who. They wouldn't have to make it to the finals though, there are plenty of options for these two teams. Lakers could drop down to 2nd or third while Spurs go 6th or 7th. Or Spurs even 8th and Lakers first. Any options. I'm talking about who gets the furtherest though, but it would be nice for them to be playing just for the rivalry.

gswarrior510
01-12-2010, 08:32 PM
lulz at the spurs commentators almost ****ting their pants because of a reverse layup on a fastbreak..

i wonder what happens when spurs dunk..oh wait that happens less than 1 time a game lol

Buff Matt
01-12-2010, 08:32 PM
When teams play good officiating is not an issue. It really goes both ways. Plus kobe has been out.

Buff Matt
01-14-2010, 12:41 AM
Good night for the spurs without duncan. Dejuan blair 28 and 21!

Still gave up a big lead though early on. I wouldn't mind OKC first round of playoffs

stoopid
01-14-2010, 01:13 AM
Good night for the spurs without duncan. Dejuan blair 28 and 21!

Still gave up a big lead though early on. I wouldn't mind OKC first round of playoffs

Oh, it's nice seeing the team win without Duncan, Ginobili going 0-10, Bogans going 1-8, and Mason going 2-8.

And only 8 players on the Spurs played!